If you believe your US passport has been lost in the mail, you need to check first whether the US Government mailed out your passport. Check the Online Passport Status System or get in touch with the National Passport Information Center (NPIC). Only contact the NPIC if you don’t have your passport after 10 days of being mailed. Don’t worry because we can help you with your US passport lost in mail. iVisa.com is a great alternative when you need an extra hand to check the status of your application in terms of passport renewal. Let our team help you with our error-free and affordable service.
US citizens with valid US passports living in the United States can access our service. Keep reading about US passport lost in mail.
How does the process work?
If you want to check if your US passport got lost in the mail, check the following steps:
- Go to the Online Passport Status System and check the status of your passport application.
- If your passport hasn’t arrived after 10 days of being mailed, contact the National Passport Information Center (NPIC).
- Remember that if you don’t report that your passport has been lost within 90 days, you will need to apply for a new one.
If you’re looking for a passport renewal service with iVisa.com, we got you! First, you need to complete an online form and attach a photo. Pay for our service and the iVisa.com fee. After that, we will send you a kit with all the documentation you need to sign. Sign the paperwork and ship it to the closest mailbox. You can track your application with our support.
It will take around 10 weeks for your passport to arrive. You could pay an extra fee of USD 60 and acquire the new passport in 4 to 6 weeks.
Continue learning all about US passport lost in mail.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this service for?
Our service is available for US citizens with valid US passports. Also, you need to comply with the following:
- Your passport is with you.
- Your passport is in a good state.
- You’re older than 16 years old.
- The issued date in your passport doesn’t go over 15 years.
- Your name appears in your passport.
- You acquired your latest passport after or at 16 years old.
Renew your passport now and keep learning about the US passport lost in mail.
Does iVisa.com need my current passport?
There is no need to send us any documents during the process. You will receive a package with these items:
- A DS-82 Form ready for your signature.
- A printed and stapled Passport Photo.
- A bank check showing the US Government fee.
- A USPS envelope.
Make sure to check the form and sign it. Take the whole package and your passport to the nearest mailbox. Now you only need to wait.
Our experts can explain the US passport lost in mail.
How much does it cost to get my passport renewed?
The cost comprises of the US Government fee of USD 130. Besides, you need to add the fee for the iVisa.com service:
- Select Kit Shipping Time: Same Day Free Shipping (cut-off 2pm EST) for $72
- Select Kit Shipping Time: 2 Day Free Shipping for $60
- Select Kit Shipping Time: 4 Day Free Shipping for $40
Remember that after sending your kit, you will wait around 10 weeks. However, you can pay USD 60 and receive your new passport in 4 to 6 weeks.
Continue checking about US passport lost in mail.
As soon as you receive your new passport, you need to start thinking about your next destination. We recommend heading to Guatemala, a country that perfectly combines adventure, culture, history, and beaches. Guatemala is considered a cultural hot spot in Central America, as it holds several monuments from the colonial period that you can enjoy in Antigua Guatemala. Also, you can explore the Mayan ruins of Tikal and learn more about this ancient civilization that ruled a massive territory on this side of the world.
Enjoy the small towns that gather around the beautiful Lake Atitlan. We’re sure you will get a privileged view of this natural landscape. Explore the jungle, active volcanoes, and cloud forests. Guatemala also has beaches that offer coral reefs and a relaxing atmosphere. It’s the perfect getaway after exploring so much culture within Guatemala. Don’t leave without purchasing some local textiles that are well-known in Central America. Besides, you need to enjoy some local delicacies like black beans and coffee. Guatemala offers everything you’re looking for in a destination. Travel now with your renewed passport.