en | $ USD



Select Your Language

Select Your Currency

  • AED United Arab Emirates Dirham
  • AFN Afghan Afghani
  • ALL Albanian Lek
  • AMD Armenian Dram
  • ANG Netherlands Antillean Guilder
  • AOA Angolan Kwanza
  • ARS Argentine Peso
  • AUD Australian Dollar
  • AWG Aruban Florin
  • AZN Azerbaijani Manat
  • BAM Bosnia-Herzegovina Convertible Mark
  • BBD Barbadian Dollar
  • BDT Bangladeshi Taka
  • BGN Bulgarian Lev
  • BIF Burundian Franc
  • BMD Bermudan Dollar
  • BND Brunei Dollar
  • BOB Bolivian Boliviano
  • BRL Brazilian Real
  • BSD Bahamian Dollar
  • BWP Botswanan Pula
  • BZD Belize Dollar
  • CAD Canadian Dollar
  • CDF Congolese Franc
  • CHF Swiss Franc
  • CLP Chilean Peso
  • CNY Chinese Yuan
  • COP Colombian Peso
  • CRC Costa Rican Colón
  • CVE Cape Verdean Escudo
  • CZK Czech Republic Koruna
  • DJF Djiboutian Franc
  • DKK Danish Krone
  • DOP Dominican Peso
  • DZD Algerian Dinar
  • EGP Egyptian Pound
  • ETB Ethiopian Birr
  • EUR Euro
  • FJD Fijian Dollar
  • FKP Falkland Islands Pound
  • GBP British Pound Sterling
  • GEL Georgian Lari
  • GIP Gibraltar Pound
  • GMD Gambian Dalasi
  • GNF Guinean Franc
  • GTQ Guatemalan Quetzal
  • GYD Guyanaese Dollar
  • HKD Hong Kong Dollar
  • HNL Honduran Lempira
  • HTG Haitian Gourde
  • HUF Hungarian Forint
  • IDR Indonesian Rupiah
  • ILS Israeli New Sheqel
  • INR Indian Rupee
  • ISK Icelandic Króna
  • JMD Jamaican Dollar
  • JPY Japanese Yen
  • KES Kenyan Shilling
  • KGS Kyrgystani Som
  • KHR Cambodian Riel
  • KMF Comorian Franc
  • KRW South Korean Won
  • KYD Cayman Islands Dollar
  • KZT Kazakhstani Tenge
  • LAK Laotian Kip
  • LBP Lebanese Pound
  • LKR Sri Lankan Rupee
  • LRD Liberian Dollar
  • LSL Lesotho Loti
  • MAD Moroccan Dirham
  • MDL Moldovan Leu
  • MGA Malagasy Ariary
  • MKD Macedonian Denar
  • MNT Mongolian Tugrik
  • MOP Macanese Pataca
  • MUR Mauritian Rupee
  • MVR Maldivian Rufiyaa
  • MWK Malawian Kwacha
  • MXN Mexican Peso
  • MYR Malaysian Ringgit
  • MZN Mozambican Metical
  • NAD Namibian Dollar
  • NGN Nigerian Naira
  • NIO Nicaraguan Córdoba
  • NOK Norwegian Krone
  • NPR Nepalese Rupee
  • NZD New Zealand Dollar
  • OMR Omani Rial
  • PAB Panamanian Balboa
  • PEN Peruvian Nuevo Sol
  • PGK Papua New Guinean Kina
  • PHP Philippine Peso
  • PKR Pakistani Rupee
  • PLN Polish Zloty
  • PYG Paraguayan Guarani
  • QAR Qatari Rial
  • RON Romanian Leu
  • RSD Serbian Dinar
  • RUB Russian Ruble
  • RWF Rwandan Franc
  • SAR Saudi Riyal
  • SBD Solomon Islands Dollar
  • SCR Seychellois Rupee
  • SEK Swedish Krona
  • SGD Singapore Dollar
  • SHP Saint Helena Pound
  • SLL Sierra Leonean Leone
  • SOS Somali Shilling
  • SRD Surinamese Dollar
  • SVC Salvadoran Colón
  • SZL Swazi Lilangeni
  • THB Thai Baht
  • TJS Tajikistani Somoni
  • TOP Tongan Pa anga
  • TRY Turkish Lira
  • TTD Trinidad and Tobago Dollar
  • TWD New Taiwan Dollar
  • TZS Tanzanian Shilling
  • UAH Ukrainian Hryvnia
  • UGX Ugandan Shilling
  • USD United States Dollar
  • UYU Uruguayan Peso
  • UZS Uzbekistan Som
  • VND Vietnamese Dong
  • VUV Vanuatu Vatu
  • WST Samoan Tala
  • XAF CFA Franc BEAC
  • XCD East Caribbean Dollar
  • XPF CFP Franc
  • YER Yemeni Rial
  • ZAR South African Rand
  • ZMW Zambian Kwacha
Passport Name Change Over A Year
5 min read
Updated on May 14, 2024

You can say goodbye to the long queues at the consular offices to get your passport renewed. From now on, it is possible to renew this document online and spend little time just by leaving an envelope at the nearest post office. It’s a simple and direct process that you can do in just one day.

Fill me in

In simpler words, getting a passport name change over a year is no longer impossible. If your passport is one year old, or more than one year old, it will be quite easy for you to change the name and update your details on iVisa.com.

Get more details about the process of passport name change over a year in the article below.

How can I process my passport with iVisa.com?

You can have your passport name change over a year, all you need is your passport (it must have been issued a year or over a year ago) and a document stating your name change. The rest of the process is very easy:

  • First: You have to fill in an online application form, upload, and attach your photo. Then, you must review the information to make sure there are no mistakes and pay for the fees
  • Second: Obtain the passport kit with all the required items to renew your passport and drop it off at the post office. Remember to post your name change document too (in the same envelope as your passport kit).
  • Third: You can now track every step of the process. Bear in mind that you’ll obtain the passport in about 4-6 weeks or 10 weeks (it will depend on the processing time you choose). Read the FAQs below to get more information about it.

We suggest you use our services only if your next travel is at least 6 weeks after you start your passport renewal. This is important as our process can take up to 10 weeks from start to finish.

Fill me in

Frequently Asked Questions

What items are necessary for the passport name change?

The US Government created two lists of items depending on certain circumstances. Don’t worry, it’s not difficult to guess what you need by checking your case.

Case 1: If your passport was issued over a year ago, you have to get the following items:

  • A DS-82 form.
  • Your passport in use
  • A passport photo
  • A valid name change document.
  • You’ll have to pay an extra fee if you include an adult or child fee.

Case 2: If your passport was issued in less than one year, then you only need the following:

  • A DS-5504 form.
  • A valid passport-sized photo
  • Your current passport
  • A document that states your name change.

The US Government might ask you for other items depending on your personal situation, but you can be sure that we’ll let you know about that. This way, you’ll be well-informed about what you need to renew your passport.

See more information about the process to get a passport name change over a year on our website.

Who is eligible for a Passport Renewal Service with iVisa.com?

This online process is available exclusively for US nationals living in the United States with a valid US passport. Besides, the applicant must also meet the following:

  • The passport must be in his/her possession.
  • The passport must be in a good state, with no scratches or tears.
  • The applicant must be older than 16 years old.
  • The issue date in the passport must be within the last 15 years.
  • The current name appears on the passport.
  • The applicant obtained the passport at 16 years old or later.

Applicants also need a document that shows the name change. This document can be a marriage certificate, a divorce decree, or a court order.

Do I have to send my passport to iVisa.com?

You don’t need to do that. Better yet, you’ll only have to send your passport, the passport kit, and the name change document to the US Government. The passport kit we send includes the following items:

  • A DS-82 Form ready to be signed
  • A printed and stapled passport photo.
  • A bank check with the US government fee.
  • A USPS envelope ready to be shipped.

Don’t forget to sign the form and drop it with your passport at the nearest post office so that the government can receive it. Learn more about the process to get a Passport Name Change Over a Year on our website.

How much time do I have to wait to get my passport?

There are two options for the waiting time. The US Government created the standard process that takes 10 weeks, and the expedited process that lasts 4 to 6 weeks. However, you have to pay USD 60 for the expedited service as it is the fastest.

How much does it cost to renew my passport?

The US Government fee is USD 130. Nonetheless, we remind you that there’s an extra fee you have to pay for our services. This is necessary to give you the passport kit as fast as you want:

  • Select Kit Shipping Time: Same Day Free Shipping (cut-off 2pm EST) for $72
  • Select Kit Shipping Time: 2 Day Free Shipping for $60
  • Select Kit Shipping Time: 4 Day Free Shipping for $40

You can wait up to 10 weeks to get your new passport, but if you pay USD 60 for the expedited service, you’ll only have to wait from 4 to 6 weeks.

iVisa.com Recommends

If you think traveling is something impossible nowadays, think again. We know that the pandemic has changed many things, but the good news is that it is already possible to travel to many places in the world with just an updated passport. That is why we remind you that it is possible to obtain a passport name change over a year with iVisa.com.

If you have the possibility, we recommend you first travel to nearby places such as Bermuda or the Netherlands Antilles in the Caribbean.

Bermuda is a British territory in the Atlantic Ocean and it is very famous for its pink sand beaches like Elbow Beach and Horseshoe Bay. This site is home to the Royal Naval Dockyard, a sprawling terrain that combines modern attractions, such as the interactive Dolphin Quest adventure, with maritime history at the Bermuda National Museum. Bermuda has a distinctive combination of British and American cultures, and both can be seen in the capital, Hamilton. It is an excellent starting point to enjoy beach paradises without feeling so alien to their culture, as it can make you feel at home.

Start your trip today by renewing your passport with our services!

  • iVisa is NOT affiliated with any government agency. This site does not provide legal advice and we are not a law firm. None of our customer service representatives are lawyers and they also do not provide legal advice. We are a private, internet-based travel and immigration consultancy provider dedicated to helping individuals travel around the world. You may apply by yourself directly on the various government websites. For government source information, please visit our product pages.
Chat on WhatsApp
Intercom Chat