Where to mail passport name change
iVisa | Updated on Dec 24, 2021

If you’re asking yourself where to mail passport name change, you came to the right place! In this article, we have broken down the most important steps to do this process. All you have to do is to read the information below carefully.

Fill me in

If you want to change the name on your passport a year after of it’s issue date, there are a few steps you have to follow. Firstly, you have to obtain an official document stating your name change. This document can be a marriage certificate, a court order, etc.

After that, you only have to complete an online form available at iVisa.com. The last thing you’ll have to do is to mail your passport name change request with a passport kit. Learn more about it with the questions below.

How do I process my passport name change?

If you want to change your passport name more than one year after it is issued, complete a 3-step process of the iVisa.com Passport Renewal service.

Take into account that you’ll need an official document stating your name change. This can be a marriage certificate, a court order, or a divorce decree. Aside from that, you’ll have to obtain a passport kit with all the items required to process your passport name change. These are the steps you have to follow to process your passport name change:

  • Step 1: Complete the online application form and upload your photo, and don’t forget to include your name change document. After that, remember to pay for the fees.
  • Step 2: Obtain the kit with everything required to renew your passport. If you’re wondering where to mail the passport name change form, then keep in mind that it has to be left at the nearest post office with your name change document.
  • Step 3: Once you’re ready with this process, you can track every step and obtain your passport in 4-6 weeks or 10 weeks, depending on the processing time you select.

See where to mail passport name change in the information below. We remind you that our passport renewal service is suggested only if your travel is 6 weeks later than when you start your passport renewal as the usual procedure takes 10 weeks.

Fill me in

Frequently Asked Questions

What are the documents required for the passport name change?

The list of items changes depending on which situation you are in:

Case 1: This case goes if your passport has more than one year of being issued:

  • A DS-82 form.
  • Your passport in use.
  • A passport-sized photo.
  • A name change document.
  • Also, depending on your age, you will need to pay for an adult or child fee.

Case 2: This case goes if your passport was issued in less than one year. You need the following:

  • A DS-5504 form.
  • A passport-sized photo.
  • Your current passport.
  • Document that states your name change.

The US Government could ask you to have more documents, but don’t stress about that matter! We’ll always inform you about the things you need to renew your passport successfully. At iVisa.com, we’re ready to help you find out where to mail passport name change.

Who is eligible to apply for the Passport Renewal with iVisa.com?

You can only use this service if you’re a US citizen living in the United States with a valid US passport. You also have to meet these criteria:

  • Your passport is in your possession.
  • Your passport is in a good state.
  • You’re older than 16 years old.
  • The issue date in your passport is within the last 15 years.
  • Your name appears on your passport.
  • You obtained your current passport after or at 16 years old.

Lastly, you’ll need a document that shows your name change. It can be a marriage certificate, a divorce decree, or a court order.

Do I have to send my current passport to iVisa.com?

No, at all! Please be aware that you’ll obtain a kit with all the items required to process your passport name change:

  • A DS-82 Form ready to be signed
  • A printed and stapled passport-sized photograph.
  • A bank check with the US government fee.
  • Lastly, you’ll get a USPS envelope ready to be shipped.

As for where to mail passport name change, bear in mind that you’ll have to drop the passport kit among the passport and name change document at the nearest post office. Let iVisa.com help you with this process!

See where to mail passport name change on our website.

How much time does it take to process a passport name change?

The US Government has two services for passport renewal. You can select the standard process, which takes 10 weeks, or the expedited process, which takes 4 to 6 weeks. However, you will have to pay an extra cost of USD 60 for the last one.

How much does it cost to renew my passport?

There’s an official fee, which is USD 130. But, aside from that, you also have to pay iVisa.com’s fee. It will vary depending on how quickly you want to get your passport renewal kit via mailbox:

  • Select Kit Shipping Time: Same Day Free Shipping (cut-off 2pm EST) for $72
  • Select Kit Shipping Time: 2 Day Free Shipping for $60
  • Select Kit Shipping Time: 4 Day Free Shipping for $40

The usual process can take up to 10 weeks, but if you decide to pay USD 60 for the expedited service, it’ll only take you up to 6 weeks.

iVisa.com Recommends

Are you planning a dream vacation to France? You can easily visit that country by getting your passport ready. In case you need to renew your passport, you can do that by using iVisa.com’s Passport Renewal Service. Obtain your passport name changed in the easiest way possible and prepare your luggage to visit Paris, Marsella, Nice, and more beautiful places.

In France, you can find beautiful buildings like the Notre-Dame de Paris, the Basilique du Sacré-Coeur, the Louvre Museum, and the most famous of all: the Eiffel Tower. Besides, France also has amazing resorts and landscaping like the island of Corsica, the Limestone cliffs in Étretat, the Bay of Biscay, and the Verdon Gorge (a famous destination for kayaking). Be ready to explore all of this stunning European beauty! Take advantage of our passport renewal services and get ready for your next vacation to the wonderful country of wine,garlic and cheese!

Let's stay in touch!

Join our newsletter to receive the best traveling tips

© 2014-2023 iVisa.com. All rights reserved. iVisa and iVisa logo are registered trademarks of iVisa.com.

English - en |