Important EVUS update you should read

Important EVUS update you should read

iVisa | Updated on Jul 07, 2022

Please note that as of June 2022 the CDC no longer requires travelers to present a negative COVID-19 test or documentation of recovery from COVID pre arrival to the US

Just as some travelers need eVisas to enter certain countries, Chinese citizens only need an EVUS in addition to the Visitor Visa to enter the United States. This document is not difficult to obtain, especially if you apply online with’s service.

Fill me in

A new EVUS update has recently been released, and you should read this information to know the steps to follow when enrolling. With the FAQs that you’ll see below, you’ll have no problem understanding all these details. Don’t forget that this is an essential requirement to enter the U.S., otherwise, you could find problems trying to step outside the airport.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

What is the Electronic Visa Updated System or EVUS?

EVUS (Electronic Visa Update System) is an online program that the U.S. government launched to Chinese citizens with a valid 10-year Visitor Visa. This document is designed to update basic information before traveling to the U.S.

When was the EVUS enrollment launched?

This document started to be mandatory on November 29, 2016. Since then, all individuals with passports issued by the People’s Republic of China government had to enroll with EVUS, as long as they also have a valid 10-year B1/B2, B1 or B2 visas.

Is there a way to know if I’m eligible to enroll with EVUS?

Yes, there is, and it’s quite simple. All you have to do is to check if you meet the following conditions:

  • You are a Chinese citizen and you have a valid Chinese passport at this moment.
  • You are planning a trip to the U.S. only for business or entertainment (you don’t have a study visa).
  • You’re renewing your current EVUS.

Depending on your answer to all of these conditions, you’ll be able to know if you can apply for the EVUS enrollment or not.

What documents should I get before applying online?

Before you decide to enroll with EVUS, you have to collect certain documents, especially if you apply with Fortunately, won’t ask you too much and you might have all of these documents on hand:

  • You must have a valid Chinese passport.
  • You need to get a scanned copy of your passport.
  • You also need a 10-year U.S. visa. This visa must be class B1, B2, or B1/B2.
  • You should also have a valid email address to get your document.
  • A valid payment method is required as well. You can pay using a credit/debit card or even Paypal.
  • Lastly, you have to offer your contact information.

What are the processing times and prices with

The budget is always an important aspect when traveling abroad. We understand that you might want something affordable, but also with a fast and secure service. That’s why is ready to serve you with three great processing times and prices that will vary according to how fast you need your EVUS:

  • Standard Processing Time: 7 days - with this option, the price is USD 33.99.
  • Rush Processing Time: 5 days - the total cost is USD 54.99, this time.
  • Super Rush Processing Time: 3 days - it’s the fastest option, and that’s why the price is USD 109.99.

How is the application form with

Applying with is easier than you think. All you have to do to get your EVUS quickly is to follow this 3-step method:

  • First, write your basic information in the initial online form. After that, select your procedure time too.
  • Second, verify the information written in the first step and pay for’s service. Remember that you can use a credit/debit card or a Paypal account.
  • The third and last step is to attach the documents that we mentioned at the beginning of the process (scanned copy of your passport and B1/B2 valid visa) and send your online form.

After you click on the submit button just wait for your EVUS to arrive at your email inbox.

What should I do if I’m from Hong Kong?

If you have a passport from the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) then you don’t have to enroll with EVUS. This requirement is only necessary for citizens with the People’s Republic of China (PRC) passport.

Keep in mind that if you’re living in Hong Kong with a Chinese passport, you also have to enroll with EVUS.

What if I forget to apply for my EVUS and I arrive at the airport?

If you arrive at the airport without the EVUS at hand, then don’t worry, that’s when can help you as well because all you have to do is to apply online and choose the fastest processing time for you. This way, you’ll receive your EVUS in a few minutes before your flight!

Are there other countries that need this document?

Since this is a new document launched a few years ago, only the Chinese citizens need it by now. However, the U.S. Government recently declared that it may be necessary for other countries in the future.

What is the difference between the U.S. Visa and the EVUS enrollment?

Many people confuse these documents and think they’re the same, but the EVUS enrollment doesn’t meet the same legal conditions as the U.S. Visitor Visa. That’s why, if you’re Chinese, you must get both the 10-year valid visa and the EVUS. Only citizens with another type of visa that has a 10-year validity are excluded from the EVUS process.

I received my 10-year B1/B2 visa a few days ago, can I still enroll in EVUS?

Yes, of course. Once your visa is ready to use, you can apply for the EVUS and enter the United States after you have both documents. Remember that the enrollment with EVUS is separate from the visa application process.

Where can I get more information?

For more answers related to the EVUS enrollment, you can contact’s support service or you can simply read more details on our website.

Don’t worry about paperwork anymore and start your online application today!

Was this page helpful?