Many countries around the world have to apply for an Embassy Visa in order to get valid entry into the US. However, some nations are exempt from this visa. That happens because their country is named under a visa-waiver system called ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization).
The ESTA is a popular program that permits certain citizens to enter the United States by having just an online document linked to their passport. This document is available through an online application form, meaning that they don’t need to visit an embassy to get it.
The first thing you have to do before applying for this document is to check your eligibility, which is possible if you visit iVisa.com. On our homepage, you’ll be able to use our visa tool, and therefore, see if you can apply for the ESTA or not.
We’ve prepared this article with the most common questions about this document. You can see the USA ESTA Frequently Asked Questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions
DO I NEED AN ESTA TO ENTER THE UNITED STATES?
There are a few nationalities that can apply for an ESTA. To check if you're entitled to easy entry this way, you can use the Visa Checker by clicking here, then just choose your country of origin along with the United States as your destination and see the information displayed.
WHAT IS THE US ESTA?
The Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) is a computerized visa waiver program that helps the official authorities to see if the traveler can enter the US or not. The difference between this ESTA and the Paper Visa is that you only have to apply for the ESTA through an online form, and not by going to the embassy. It’s actually a lot easier.
WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE ESTA AND A VISA?
You should know that the ESTA is not a visa- it’s more like a visa waiver. Those who possess a valid visa will still be able to go to the United States. Travelers with valid visas don’t need to submit an application for an ESTA.
HOW LONG CAN PEOPLE REMAIN IN THE US WITH AN ESTA?
The ESTA allows a maximum stay of 90 days Per Entry with Multiple Entry.
WHAT DO I NEED TO APPLY FOR A US ESTA?
As long as you use iVisa.com, you’ll only need this list of items:
- The passport, which has to be electronic with a digital chip comprising biometric info.
- This passport should also be at least valid for 6 months from the date of entrance.
- You have to provide your passport number and Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- You need an email address to receive the ESTA.
- Lastly, a Paypal account or debit/credit card for payments.
WHAT ARE THE PROCESSING TIMES AND PRICES?
The ESTA isn’t free, and we know that pricing is important for you. With iVisa.com, you have three options related to processing times and pricing. The three choices are:
- Standard processing: you can receive your ESTA in 24 hours, and also the cost is USD 29.00.
- Rush processing: your ESTA will be ready in 4 hours, and the entire cost of it is USD 59.00.
- Super rush processing: this is the quickest option. You'll obtain your ESTA in just 30 minutes, but with a total of USD 79.00.
Click here if you’re ready to apply for this document with iVisa.com.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR AN ESTA?
The application we’ve designed is quite smooth and straightforward. It has just three steps:
- Step one will ask you to offer your basic details. Plus, you’ll have to pick the processing time from the choices mentioned above.
- The next step is based on reviewing your answers, so make sure that your info is correct before paying for the document.
- The final step is to attach some documents if necessary. If you don’t have any to upload, you can simply click on ‘submit’.
Are you ready to start? Click here. Submit your form once you're ready and wait for your ESTA that will be delivered via email. In case you need assistance while completing your application, iVisa.com’s customized service includes access to a fantastic support service that you can chat to online at any time of the day.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I FINISH MY APPLICATION?
Once you send the online form for your application, you'll get the ESTA by email. You don’t need to visit the US embassy. Remember that we contact the US authorities directly so you can receive your document on time.
WHEN WILL I HAVE TO RE-APPLY FOR THE US ESTA?
The US ESTA will, for the large part, be allowed for a period of (2) years or until the candidate's passport expires. Your US ESTA will show until what date it’s valid. So remember you have to make an application for a new ESTA when your previous ESTA expired or when you have an expired passport.
EXACTLY WHAT WILL A US ESTA SEEM LIKE?
WHEN SHOULD I OBTAIN A VISA TO TRAVEL TO THE USA?
- If you arrive in the USA via International airport.
- When you visit the USA for over 90 days.
- If you're traveling to the USA for a purpose other than short-term tourism or business.
DOES THE ESTA GUARANTEE ENTRANCE INTO THE USA?
If the ESTA is accepted, it states that you can travel to the USA under the Visa Waiver Program, but it doesn't ensure that you’ll be admitted to the United States. Once you arrive in the USA, you'll be examined by an Immigration officer that will determine your admission.
WHAT DO I DO IF I MAKE AN ERROR IN MY APPLICATION?
If you make a mistake when you enter your data online then please contact our customer service agents via online chat to assist you. If we already submitted your application for your ESTA, then you can't make any adjustments and you’ll have to apply again.
IS IT SECURE TO USE iVisa.COM TO RECEIVE MY ESTA?
Many people feel that online information can be leaked easily, meaning that their private details can be put in danger very fast. It might be true with some websites, but that’s not the case with our services. Maximum safety is our top priority, and we also invest a lot in our database's protection. Your personal information is always protected with us. If you have doubts about it, check our reviews here.