Learn More: Electronic Traveler System
Vanuatu is a paradise you must visit soon. Start with Espiritu Santo or locally known as Santo, the largest island in Vanuatu. It’s the right place to disconnect from the world, and it offers stunning beaches, blue holes, coconut palms, and diving opportunities. Also, you can explore nature through the jungle. Santo also provides a mixture of adventure, history, and Melanesian culture. In addition, you can hike around the jungles, explore the SS President Coolidge in your diving experience or see the unique blue holes.
Malekula is another island you can’t miss. It gathers the primary cultural groups known as Big Nambas and Small Nambas. Make sure to explore the rugged terrain, the old cannibal sites, and the villages. Locals love sharing their cultural heritage with foreigners. Also, you can enjoy the sandy beaches, coral reefs, snorkeling, and diving opportunities. Don’t miss the Maskelyne Islands, a small chain of islands ideal for swimming, snorkeling, and exploring marine life. Explore the two twin active volcanoes, Marum and Benbow. The hiking trails throughout the volcanoes will take you through tropical vegetation and gorgeous views. Festivals are also popular here, with the Yam and Magic, Back to my Roots, among others.
Once you decide Vanuatu is your next destination, you must confirm the travel documents you need for a smooth entry. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Vanuatu Government has established a mandatory health declaration known as Vanuatu Traveler Registration. This travel document will register your current health state and details about your trip. The Traveler Registration helps the Surveillance Unit at the Ministry of Health in Vanuatu to keep track of incoming visitors. Although the pandemic seems controlled in most parts of the world, you must follow health protocols to keep you and the local population safe. Check the current measures in Vanuatu, such as masks in public places, the distance between people, etc. Don’t worry! You will be safe from the virus and ready to enjoy the beaches.
Before starting, you need a flight booked and a scan of your passport to start the application. The digital form is only available 72 hours before your trip. Also, you need COVID-19 negative results and COVID-19 vaccination records (if applicable). All these documents are mandatory as part of your online form. If you travel with your family or friends, you must complete the online form for each person. Even minors need their applications.
We know all these details may seem overwhelming. Therefore, you have the chance to trust iVisa.com for your travel document procedure. Our experts will check your application and make sure you have uploaded all the correct details. Enjoy an error-free process with our trustworthy platform. Also, you have the benefit of a customer support team available 24 hours a day. Ask away all your doubts, and be sure your health document will arrive soon.
First of all, gather the requirements, such as COVID-19 test results, vaccine certificate, passport, etc. Complete the online form with your details. Continue by checking on your information and choosing a processing speed. Remember that you can choose between three options according to how fast you need your travel document. After that, you must pay with a credit or debit card and submit your application. Finally, receive the Vanuatu Traveler Registration in your email inbox and show it to immigration authorities on your arrival. We promise a smooth entry to this paradise.
Vanuatu is waiting for you with its gorgeous islands and perfect weather. Make your way to this side of the world and enjoy the endless summer. Travel now to Vanuatu and have the best travel experience.
Required Documents to Apply
- Valid passport + scanned copy of your photo page
- Vanuatu Visa (if required)
- Certificate of Covid 19 vaccination
- Covid 19 negative test result (prefered file format is JPEG, PNG or GIF, you can upload a PDF).
- You must be in possession of a confirmed onward or return ticket, have sufficient funds and a passport valid for six months beyond intended stay.
- If travelling as a family or group one registration must be submitted for each traveller (including children).
- It is advised not to register until you have a flight booked to Vanuatu.
Remember to check your country's safety recommendations before travelling, for a better travel experience
Was this page helpful?
Our customers have great stories about us
Frequently Asked Questions
Is iVisa.com a legitimate company?
Our Company is accredited and recognized by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and has a validated IATA Agency Code. If you want to check this information you can verify our membership using our bearing No. 23716873 at http://store.iata.org/ieccacfree.
Remember that the customer service team at iVisa.com is here 24/7 to answer any questions you may have about our service.
Do I need a COVID vaccine or vaccination certificate to enter Vanuatu?
All travelers to Vanuatu who are 18 years and older are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
You are considered vaccinated if all doses of a WHO-approved vaccine have been administered for at least two weeks before traveling. If you were vaccinated with a single dose vaccine, your proof of vaccination will only be valid after 28 days.
You will be required to upload evidence of vaccination when applying for health clearance to enter Vanuatu.
Do I need to take the COVID-19 PCR Test before traveling to Vanuatu?
- COVID-19 test prior to arrival: PCR within 72 hours or antigen within 24 hours
Why buy a COVID-19 self-testing kit? (US residents only)
The eMed self-test COVID-19 kit includes 6 rapid antigen tests that meet American airline entry requirements, perfect for travelers on round-trip journeys from the US.
Order your test kit before your trip and it will be delivered to your home address for easy testing, anywhere, anytime. The Certified Guide will help you get results in 15 minutes on the NAVICA app. Get the eMed self-test COVID-19 kit for $150- that’s only $25 per test.
Do I have to quarantine when I get to Vanuatu?
- Quarantine requirements: 3-days in a government-mandated quarantine hotel or in a recognized Community Quarantine Center. All travelers are required to be tested at least once during quarantine.
What is the Vanuatu Traveler Registration?
The Vanuatu Traveler registration is a registration process that has to be completed by all people wishing to travel to Vanuatu. It is a mandatory entry requirement for travel to Vanuatu.
The Vanuatu Traveler registration does NOT replace a visa in any way. If your nationality requires a visa to visit Vanuatu, you will still need to get one.
Is it mandatory to apply for the Vanuatu Traveler registration if I’m traveling to Vanuatu?
Yes, All travelers wishing to enter Vanuatu must apply for the Vanuatu Traveler registration.
How much does the Vanuatu Traveler registration cost?
Depending on the processing option you choose, prices will vary, as follows:
Standard Processing Time:24 hours -USD 20.00
Rush Processing Time:8 hours -USD 35.00
Super Rush Processing Time:4 hours -USD 60.00
You can pay with a valid credit or debit card.
When should I apply for the Vanuatu Traveler registration?
All travelers must register for the Vanuatu Traveler registration online well in advance of their intention to travel to Vanuatu.
Make sure you calculate the time you have before your trip and choose the processing option that best suits your needs.
Apply right now and get your document asap!
What do I need to apply for the Vanuatu Traveler registration?
iVisa.com requires the following information to submit your application:
Upload Visa (if applicable) Negative pre-departure COVID-19 test result Passport Personal Details Scan Medical proof of COVID-19 vaccination (if applicable)
Upload Visa (if applicable)
Negative pre-departure COVID-19 test result
Passport Personal Details Scan
Medical proof of COVID-19 vaccination (if applicable)
What do I need to present upon arrival in Vanuatu?
How can I get the Vanuatu Traveler Registration?
How long is the Vanuatu Traveler Registration valid for?
It is only valid for one single entry and up to 30 days of travel.
Apply right now and get your documents as you need them.
What if I’m traveling to Vanuatu from a high-risk country?
Can I get the Vanuatu Traveler Registration for free?
With iVisa.com we charge a service fee and the total price you pay depends on the processing speed you choose. We highly recommend you using iVisa.com and our user-friendly platform. Our expert agents will verify your information before submitting the form to the Government officials! It will be less time consuming, and our experts will help you make sure everything is correct before approving the application.
Who can I talk to if I have more questions?
Where can I read more about the Vanuatu Traveler Registration and other products?
Learn More About Vanuatu Tourism
Are you thinking of traveling to the wonderful country of Vanuatu? If you are thinking about it, you should do it and live one of the most amazing adventures of your life!
Here we tell you all about the Things you need to know when you visit Vanuatu
This country, located in the Pacific Ocean, will make you vibrate with optimism and joy. According to the Happy Planet Index, it is the happiest country in the world. Its people exude happiness and high doses of kindness. In addition, it is a paradisiacal archipelago where you can enjoy the different beaches and the jungle, both realities that will make your trip an adventure.
Are you ready?iVisa.comprovides you with all the information for the Vanuatu Traveler Registration to plan this dream trip with the Vanuatu Travel Requirements product page.
Vanuatu has a history, culture, and gastronomy worth knowing. In this article of Things you need to know when you visit Vanuatu, you will learn a little more about this tourist destination.
- Vanuatu: History, Traditions, and Gastronomy The island of Vanuatu is the most remote archipelago on earth, and it's also one of the best places for diving and snorkeling in all of Oceania. The islands are made up of a string of over 1,000 small volcanic peaks that rise out of the South Pacific Ocean. More than 300 islands spread across three main groups: Malo, Ambrym, and Pentecost. Most people visit Port Vila (the capital) or Luganville (the largest town). Melanesians had inhabited the islands since at least 2,500 BC when Austronesian-speaking seafarers first arrived from Southeast Asia. In 1774, Captain James Cook named the entire chain “New Hebrides” after his ship, HMS Endeavour, ran aground there during a storm. A year later, the British established two trading posts with the local inhabitants. The islands were claimed by Germany as part of New Guinea after World War I but returned to Australia after the war. They became an independent nation within the Commonwealth of Australia in 1980. Today, they remain largely self-sufficient thanks to their rich fishing waters and farming on their rich lands. Does its historical journey sound interesting to you? Then, you are much closer to visiting this beautiful place. Here at iVisa.com, you will know all the Vanuatu Travel Requirements you need to travel.
- Traditions that welcome you to the rhythm of the drums In Vanuatu, music is essential for each inhabitant of this archipelago, so get ready because you can dance to the sound of drums, ukulele, and rattles, accompanied by popular songs. The culture of the Melanesians is incredible, as you can find different official languages: English, French, and Bislama (Creole language, born from English). Apart from this, you can find more than 100 local languages classified into two groups: Northern and Central Vanuatu languages and Southern Vanuatu languages.
- Wonderful food in Vanuatu As mentioned above, fishing and agriculture are protagonists on this island. Therefore, its main dishes are made up of fish, root vegetables such as taro and yams, and fruits. A curious fact is that most families have gardens at home to grow their own food. So there is not much food shortage in this part of the world. During the year, fruits and vegetables surround this wonderful place. Here you can find exotic fruits such as papaya, pineapple, mango, banana, and sweet potatoes, which grow during much of the year. Food is almost always cooked on a steamed stone stove.
- What you must do in Vanuatu With its 32°, Vanuatu awaits you for adventure! We give you some recommendations of what you should do on your visit to Vanuatu: 1- Visit one of the volcanoes. In Vanuatu, you find active volcanoes. You can be very close and even observe this natural fact. 2- Walk to the hidden waterfalls through the jungle. This is a must-do if you are there. 3- Dive and swim in the alternative world of water. 4- Look at the inventors of bungee jumping—a tradition on the island of Pentecost. Here, the locals build tall wooden towers (20 and 30 meters high). When this is completed, they begin to perform jumping stunts. 5- Enjoy the beaches and the sun where the sand is white and soft—a trip to rest also if you don't want to be on an adventure. We present the specifications of what the small islands have for you. So choose the one you like the most and explore what it offers.
- The Tanna Islands if you are looking for adventure. This is the only place in the country where you can dive with sharks.
- The province of Torba is home to the famous bungee jumping site off the coast of Mele Bay.
- Santo Island is the gateway to the beautiful Yasawas. Here, you can take kayak excursions through the crystal clear waters.
- The island of Pentecost is known for its unspoiled beaches and lush rainforests. You can hike, climb mountains, swim, snorkel, dive, or just relax.
- The Espiritu Santo is a great place to surf. If you are lucky enough to catch a surf, you may even see dolphins. It depends on your taste and what you want to do; Vanuatu is an incredible place that offers you many fun possibilities for your vacation. It is your time to take the step and visit this corner of the world. We want to be part of your process for the Things you need to know when you visit Vanuatu. That is why we invite you to visit the Vanuatu Travel Requirements to find out everything you need to have for your trip in the simplest way possible. Now you know that Vanuatu is a place to visit and explore the magic of nature and enjoy the impressive island that will give you a memorable experience. Last but not least, our customer service department is available to assist you at any time. Let us help you fulfill your biggest travel dreams.
Where can I read more?
- Vanuatu COVID Restrictions
- How Citizens of Australia Can Enter Vanuatu During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of France Can Enter Vanuatu During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of New Zealand Can Enter Vanuatu During Coronavirus
- Vanuatu Cost Of Travel
- Vanuatu Travel Requirements
- Vanuatu Travel Between Islands
- Best Time to Travel to Vanuatu
- Best Places to Travel in Vanuatu
- Vanuatu Visa Policy