Learn More: ED Card (COVID-19)
The ED Card is a required travel document for all travelers who wish to visit Barbados. It will allow authorities to monitor the health situation. The ED Card is not a visa and does not replace one, so if your nationality needs a visa to enter Barbados we recommend contacting the closest embassy.
WHO CAN ENTER BARBADOS WITH THIS DOCUMENT
All travelers traveling to Barbados must acquire the ED Card. There are no exceptions.
OBTAIN THE BARBADOS ED CARD
To acquire the ED Card, you’ll have to answer a short questionnaire regarding personal health and COVID-19 symptoms. To enter the country, you need a negative COVID-19 test result taken in the last 72 hours before arrival. On arrival, fully vaccinated travelers may be required to take a rapid COVID-19 antigen test.
DISPLAY THE DOCUMENT
Once your ED Card is finished, we will send you a bar code via email. You must present it to the immigration officials at the airport.
See FAQs for further information on quarantine rules in Barbados.
Required Documents to Apply
Passport Personal Details Scan
Selfie holding the physical credit card used for the transaction is needed to verify payment. Only the last 4 digits of the credit card must be visible in the picture. Only one image is needed per order. (if applicable)
Barbados ED Card is a Single Entry document.
Barbados ED Card will enhance your travel experience by providing you with an easy and convenient option, that will improve the ease with which you transit through the airport.
All passengers must wear a mask on the inbound flight and at all times in the airport, and also undergo a health screening by immigration which includes temperature scans.
Tourists coming to Barbados must bring a negative PCR test result taken within 72 hours of departure.
Travelers must have a passport that will remain valid for at least the duration of their stay.
Approved vaccines are Pfizer, Moderna, Janssen, Astrazeneca, Sinopharm, Sinovac, Sputnik V.
Our customers have great stories about us
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a COVID vaccine or vaccination certificate to enter Barbados?
No, you don't. As of today, COVID vaccination passports or certificates are not mandatory to enter Barbados. Now if you are a Covid vaccine certificate holder, you won't need to follow a quarantine.
Approved vaccines are Pfizer, Moderna, Janssen, Astrazeneca, Sinopharm, Sinovac, Sputnik V. You are considered vaccinated if all doses of a vaccine against SARS-Cov-2 have been administered for at least two weeks before traveling.
Do I need a COVID-19 test result to enter Barbados?
- COVID test prior to arrival: PCR within 72 hours.
- COVID test on arrival: Fully vaccinated travelers may be required to take a rapid test on arrival.
- COVID test exemptions: Children under 5.
Do I need to quarantine once I arrive in Barbados?
- Quarantine requirements: 7 days in pre-booked hotel with PCR on day 5 for unvaccinated travelers
- Quarantine exemptions: Fully vaccinated travelers do not need to quarantine
What is the Barbados ED Card?
Is it compulsory to obtain one if I plan to visit Barbados?
What do I need to apply for the Barbados ED Card?
- Passport Personal Details Scan
- Negative pre-departure PCR COVID-19 test result
- Selfie holding the physical credit card used for the transaction. Only the last 4 digits of the credit card must be visible in the picture. (if applicable)
What is the cost of the Barbados ED Card?
If you decide to apply with us, you will be able to select from 3 pricing options according to your budget:
- Standard Processing Time: USD 20.00.
- Rush Processing Time: USD 35.00.
- Super Rush Processing Time: USD 60.00.
How long does it take to process my Barbados ED Card?
It depends on the processing time you choose. We offer three options:
- Standard Processing: 24 hours
- Rush Processing: 4 hours
- Super Rush Processing: 30 minutes
When is the right time to apply for this ED Card?
What steps should I follow to complete this form?
How long will it take me to apply for this document?
If I plan to travel with my kids, must they also have an ED Card?
Learn more about Barbados Tourism
Where can I read more?
- Vaccination Passport Barbados: Information is Available
- Barbados Vaccination Requirements: Do I need a vaccine to travel to Barbados?
- How citizens of Germany can enter Barbados during Coronavirus
- Information on how citizens of Trinidad & Tobago can enter Barbados during Coronavirus
- Details on how citizens of the United Kingdom can enter Barbados during Coronavirus
- How citizens of Canada can enter Barbados during Coronavirus
- Insights on how citizens of the United States can enter Barbados during Coronavirus
- Essential details on the Barbados COVID-19 Entry Requirements
- Important information about the Barbados COVID-19 PCR Test Requirements
- Barbados Quarantine Requirement
- Barbados Mask Policy and ED card
- Barbados Visa Policy