Learn More: ED Card (COVID-19)
Last Updated September 2022
Beautiful Barbados re-opened for tourism in July 2020. All travelers will be able to enjoy the mesmerizing beaches and the elegant hotels this Caribbean island has to offer.
But before you can hop on a plane and lay on the warm golden sand, you'll need to process your Barbados ED Immigration Card. This essential travel document is mandatory for all visitors. The good news is that you can easily obtain it online.
Below, we'll tell you everything you need to know about this online immigration form and the entry requirements related to COVID-19 so that you can book your dream vacation at a Barbados resort.
What is the Barbados ED Immigration Card?
All travelers who wish to visit Barbados are required to fill out the immigration and customs receipts. The customs form was implemented to allow the immigration department to track and contain potential COVID-19 outbreaks.
In the form, you will be required to record your recent travel history, personal information, and health data to complete the COVID-19 risk assessment process. Its purpose is to guarantee the safety of travelers and residents of Barbados during this time. Through this online ED form, the Barbados Immigration Ministry is able to provide visitors to the island with a solution that will allow for a smooth, safe, and contactless transit through Grantley Adams International Airport (GAIA).
Bear in mind that the ED Card is not a visa and does not replace one. If you're unsure whether your nationality needs a visa to enter Barbados, you can take advantage of our Visa Checker tool. Go to iVisa.com and select your country of origin from the drop-down menu and your destination (in this case, Barbados). We will tell you if you can apply for a visa online or if you need to visit an embassy to obtain a visa.
Who needs to apply for the Barbados ED Immigration Card?
Immigration officers will require an online ED form from all arrivals, both foreign and nationals.
How long is the Barbados ED Immigration Card valid for?
This health form is valid for a Single Entry, regardless of the length of your stay. This means that you will need to apply for one every time you enter the country.
What documents do I need to apply for the Barbados ED Immigration Card?
To apply for this online immigration card, you'll need to have ready the following documents:
- Passport Personal Details Scan
- Selfie holding the physical credit card used for the transaction. Only the last 4 digits of the credit card must be visible in the picture. (If applicable)
We recommend that you gather these documents before you start your application process.
Do I need a health declaration if I'm transiting through Barbados?
Because this travel document is used to prevent COVID-19 outbreaks, no traveler is exempt from getting one. However, if your transit is short, and you're not leaving the transit area, you must reach out to the nearest embassy or consulate to confirm whether you can skip this requirement.
How do I apply for the Barbados ED Immigration Card online?
Applying for this health form is very easy, and you can complete the application process from any mobile device.
Once you have your supporting documents handy, you can complete the application form. In it, you'll be asked about any recent trips abroad, COVID-19 symptoms, and personal information.
When you finish filling out the form, we'll ask you to double-check that all the information is correct. It's very common that applications are rejected for a simple mistake in them. Once that's done, you can proceed with the payment. We accept credit and debit cards.
After receiving your application, one of our experts will make sure everything is correct before processing it. You will receive your health form via email. We recommend that you carry a hard or soft copy with you to present it at the airport immigration office.
Travelers are recommended to fill out the immigration online receipts within 72 hours prior to their arrival in Barbados.
What are the costs and processing times of the Barbados ED Card?
The price of your customs form will vary depending on how fast you want to receive it.
- Standard Processing Time: USD $90.99 - 24 hours.
- Rush Processing Time: USD $167.99 - 4 hours.
- Super Rush Processing Time: USD $284.99 - 30 minutes.
Traveling with minors
Due to the global COVID-19 pandemic, it is essential that everyone, including children, process their ED cards before traveling to Barbados. It's the responsibility of the parent or legal guardian to fill out the form for them.
COVID-19 Entry Requirements
- COVID testing requirements: There are no testing requirements.
COVID vaccination passports or certificates are no longer mandatory to enter Barbados. Since information may change quickly, we advise you to follow up on the latest Barbados travel updates and/or contact your local embassy.
- Quarantine requirements: There are no quarantine requirements in Barbados.
Applying with iVisa.com
We know that getting a travel authorization can be a headache. Let go of all the stress by applying with us. We've worked hard on making our application process an easy and convenient option to start your trip on the right foot. All you need to do is provide your trip details in a single form, and we'll take care of the rest.
Have the best travel experience possible from start to finish. Let us handle the hard part while you plan the perfect vacation in sunny Barbados.
Where can I learn more?
Required Documents to Apply
- Passport page
Barbados ED Card is a Single Entry document.
Barbados ED Card will enhance your travel experience by providing you with an easy and convenient option, that will improve the ease with which you transit through the airport.
Travelers must have a passport that will remain valid for at least the duration of their stay.
Related ArticlesRead more
My application couldn’t be completed due to an error. What now?
What can I do if my Barbados ED Card application has been canceled or rejected?
Do all members of the travel party have to complete a separate online ED form?
What will I receive after completing the online ED form?
Are traveling children required the same health measures as adults?
How do processing times work?
Where can I read more?
- Barbados Visa Policy
- Vaccination Passport Barbados: Information is Available
- Barbados Vaccination Requirements: Do I need a vaccine to travel to Barbados?
- How citizens of Germany can enter Barbados during Coronavirus
- Barbados Mask Policy and ED card
- Barbados Quarantine Requirement
- Important information about the Barbados COVID-19 PCR Test Requirements
- Essential details on the Barbados COVID-19 Entry Requirements
- Insights on how citizens of the United States can enter Barbados during Coronavirus
- How citizens of Canada can enter Barbados during Coronavirus
- See All
- iVisa is NOT affiliated with any government agency. This site does not provide legal advice and we are not a law firm. None of our customer service representatives are lawyers and they also do not provide legal advice. We are a private, internet-based travel and immigration consultancy provider dedicated to helping individuals travel around the world. You may apply by yourself directly on the various government websites. The source of information: https://www.gov.bb