Before you get a Cambodia Visa you must first decide which visa you need. There are several types of visas: Tourist visa, Business or Ordinary Visa, Diplomatic Visa and the e-Visa. The following article focuses mainly in the e-Visa which is the easiest and quickest to obtain.
Types of Visas:
Tourist Visa: this visa is for those who will be visiting 30 days or less. You may apply for this visa before traveling to Cambodia or on arrival (for most nationalities) for a cost of $30. The tourist visa is single entry only, and can be renewed once for an additional 30 days for a fee of $45. Once the tourist visa holders have left the country they must obtain a new visa in order to return to the country.
Ordinary Visa: this visa is for those who will be staying in Cambodia for an extended period of time. This visa is also known as the normal or business visa. It is also valid for 30 days but the difference with the tourist visa is that the ordinary visa can be extended indefinitely. This visa costs $35.
- E-Visa: The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation began to allow the use of e-Visa’s in 2006, in order to make visa applications easier and quicker. This is a single entry visa with a validity of 3 months. This visa allows a maximum stay of 30 days. You may apply for a Cambodia tourist visa online through the following link: https://www.ivisa.com/cambodia-visa or through the goverment website: https://www.evisa.gov.kh
Apply for an e-Visa in 3 Easy Steps! -Fill out an online application -Pay the service fee $37 -Print email with e-Visa and show at the checkpoint in Cambodia
The following countries can NOT apply for an e-Visa: -Afghanistan -Nigeria -Algeria -Pakistan -Bangladesh -Saudi Arabia -Iran -Sri Lanka -Iraq -Sudan
Where to get Cambodia Visa: To apply for a Cambodia visa you need a passport that is valid for at least another three to six months and has at least one blank page. And you will need a passport-size photo (if you don’t have this, you can just pay a $2 fee). You can get your visa at the airport, at a Cambodian Embassy, at a land border crossing and my personal favorite online.
At the Airport: you can get a visa on arrival at the Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, and Sihanoukville airports.
Cambodian Embassy: if you want to get your visa in advanced and don’t mind having to take a trip to the embassy.
Land Border Crossing: I personally do not recommend getting visas at land border crossings since they are usually a hassle, require numerous bribes and payments. It’s best to get a visa in advance, before attempting a land crossing.
Online: the online visa also known as e-Visa can be quickly obtained online. It is available to citizens of all countries except citizens of Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Iran, Iraq, Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, and Sudan.
Visa Exemption: Passport holders of the following countries may enter Cambodia without a visa for a period of 30 days: • Indonesia • Laos • Malaysia • Philippines • Singapore • Thailand • Vietnam
Apply for an Cambodia Visa
- Cambodia Visa for Australian Passport Holders
- Cambodia Visa for Canadian Passport Holders
- Cambodia Visa for Indian Passport Holders
- Cambodia Visa for Nepalese Passport Holders
- Cambodia Visa for New Zealand Citizens
- Cambodia Visa for UK Citizens
- Cambodia Visa for US Citizens
- Cambodia in two bites
- Off the beaten track : Ream National Park
- Save time when landing in Siem Reap International Airport
- Where to get Cambodia Visa