Visa extensions are usually requested if the applicants cannot go back to their home countries within visa validation time (Normally 180 days) based on various reasons.
To extend your stay in Canada you will need to apply for a visitor record. A visitor record is a document that gives you a visitor status in Canada by allowing you to stay longer than you were originally allowed. However, you must request one before your current status expires directly on Canada’s official website.
If your status is already expired or if you’re planning to visit Canada within the next few weeks, you will need a valid admission document or ETA (Electronic Travel Authorization) to be able to enter or return to this country. You will also have to show a Health Declaration at the moment of your arrival.
Luckily, you can process these travel documents with the help of iVisa.com easily and safely before your trip.
Keep on reading to get the most up to date information about this process through our FAQs below.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS AN ELECTRONIC TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION AND WHY DO I NEED ONE TO ENTER CANADA?
An Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) is a mandatory entry document that you must show when traveling to Canada by air. The ETA will be electronically attached to your valid passport. With this Electronic Travel Authorization, you will be able to visit Canada as often as you need for short-term stays or for up to six months at a time. If you don’t have an ETA when you arrive, you will be denied entry to this country.
You can request your Canada ETA through iVisa’s highly intuitive platform.
WHAT IS A HEALTH DECLARATION AND WHY DO I NEED ONE?
A Health Declaration is a document in which you have to declare your health condition truthfully along with your travel records of the last 14 days prior to your trip.
You can obtain this document directly at Canada’s airport and wait a long time to be screened once you arrive, or you can request a digital one before you travel with iVisa.com’s services.
Request your documents from the comfort of your own home today.
WHAT DOCUMENTS DO I NEED TO GIVE YOU TO PROCESS BOTH MY ETA AND HEALTH DECLARATION?
- Scan of your passport: You ought to submit a valid passport scan so we can have all your details and contact information.
- Return Flight Ticket: Please don’t forget that even though this document is valid for 5 years, you can only stay for up to 6 months every time. This is why you will also need to show the immigration officers proof of your return flight ticket.
- Accommodation Address: You can use your hotel reservation receipt or a letter from your Canadian host.
- Valid Email Address: Given the fact that these documents will be sent straight to your email, you must provide us with a valid email address for you to receive them.
- Method of Payment: To pay for all the fees, you will be able to use Paypal or any valid credit or debit card.
WHAT ARE YOUR STANDARD PROCESSING TIMES AND FEES TO GET ME THESE DOCUMENTS?
Times and fees are without a doubt, the most important concern whenever you have to travel. We get it, that is why we’ve developed an easy and secure system for you to process all your documents from the comfort of your own home in just a few minutes. These are the procedure times available for you to apply for your Electronic Travel Authorization and Health Declaration online. Please choose the one that best works for your trip:
- Standard Procedure Time – you’ll get your document in 24 hours, and the price will be USD 19.50.
- Rush Procedure Time – you’ll get your ETA in 4 hours, and the full price will be USD 49.50.
- Super Rush Procedure Time – this is the fastest option available. You will get the documents within 30 minutes, by paying a total of USD 69.50.
Canada Health Declaration:
- Standard Procedure Time – you’ll get your document in 24 hours, and the price will be USD 20.00.
- Rush Procedure Time – you’ll get your Health Declaration in 8 hours, and the full price will be USD 35.00.
- Super Rush Procedure Time – this is the fastest option available. You will get the document within 4 hours, by paying a total of USD 60.00.
If you have already chosen your processing time, you can get your documents here.
HOW EXACTLY DO I PROCESS MY DOCUMENTS?
After you apply with iVisa.com, you’ll enjoy the most secure way to get these travel documents from the comfort of your own place. Plus, iVisa.com’s platform is both safe and really easy to use! We can guarantee you that it won’t take you more than a couple of minutes to fill out your application form by following these simple steps:
First, complete your application form. Now, select the procedure time that is most convenient for your travel needs.
Second double-check the info you’ve provided and please confirm that is indeed correct. Only then, you will move forward to make the online payment through Paypal or with a valid credit or debit card.
Third, upload the scan of your passport and any other documents that may be required. The last thing you’ll do will be sending the online form once you hit the “submit” button.
When you’ve correctly sent the form, our diligent team of iVisa.com experts will thoroughly check your application to send the ETA along with your Health Declaration straight to your email. Please keep in mind that you might also receive a QR code for you to show to the immigration officer when you arrive at the airport.
HOW SAFE IS IVISA.com TO PROCESS THESE DOCUMENTS?
You can be sure that iVisa.com’s platform is quite reliable! Although we are not affiliated with Canada’s government or anything, we are an experienced travel company with a great team of experts who will most definitely handle your application in the best possible way. For your peace of mind, you are most welcome to check what our customers say about our services by reading here.
WHERE CAN I FIND MORE INFORMATION IF I HAVE UNANSWERED QUESTIONS?
You can reach out to any of our operators whenever you require! Our awesome customer service team will be available for you 24/7. You can also contact them via phone or by writing an email to email@example.com.
Yixi (Sophia) Li is the co-author of this article. She is a licensed immigration consultant (RCIC) who has been working with an immigration law firm since 2016. She is also a licensed paralegal in Ontario and a notary public. She has a Masters of Law. In 2018, she founded Mainstay Immigration Law Firm and Yixi Li Legal Firm.