Learn More: Pre-Arrival Registration
Last updated: April 2023
The Hong Kong pre-arrival registration PAR for Indian nationals is an electronic document that allows ordinary passport holders from India to travel to Hong Kong for multiple visits, with each visit lasting no more than 14 days, without the requirement for a paper visa.
You can now complete the PAR application online with iVisa.com with our user-friendly visa process. Find more important travel information below, such as entry requirements, COVID-19 regulations, traveling with minors and more.
What is the Hong Kong pre-arrival registration?
In 2017, the Hong Kong pre-arrival registration was introduced for Indian citizens traveling visa-free to Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) for up to 14 days. This document will be submitted to the Hong Kong authorities by our expert visa agents, who will review the contents and ensure the pre-arrival registration has been filled out correctly.
Foreign citizens without the appropriate visa or travel documents may be denied entry, so consult iVisa.com's expert agents about the immigration requirements for Indian nationals today.
Who is eligible to apply for the Hong Kong PAR?
The Hong Kong pre-arrival registration is mandatory for all Indian citizens who want to make use of visa-free entry to the city for up to 14 days.
Indian nationals with a valid Indian passport linked to their pre-arrival registration can enter Hong Kong without needing to apply for a paper visa in advance. Please note that the Hong Kong PAR is only available for Indian passport holders who will visit Hong Kong for up to 14 days. If you are an Indian national who wants to work or study in this destination, you should apply for a Hong Kong visa instead.
How long can I stay in Hong Kong with the pre-arrival registration?
Indian nationals can visit Hong Kong for up to 14 days. Upon completion of the Hong Kong PAR application, visitors from India can also use the document to leave the airport transit area. The pre-arrival registration is valid for up to six months, and travelers with a valid Indian passport can use it to enter Hong Kong on multiple occasions.
What are the minimum application requirements for an Indian passport holder?
To apply for the pre-arrival registration as an Indian passport holder, you will need to submit the following information and documents:
- A copy of an Indian passport valid for at least 6 months after the date of arrival is a strictly-enforced requirement for Indian nationals entering Hong Kong.
- Valid email address to send you your confirmation and copy of your approved PAR.
If you are an Indian national, and you have just discovered that your passport is due to expire soon, renew it now to ensure that your application can be successfully submitted with an Indian passport that remains valid throughout your visit and thereafter.
Indian nationals who previously had a valid HKSAR travel pass may find that they need another PAR notification slip to be associated with their new passport for a smooth entry into this former British colony.
Do I need a pre-arrival registration if I'm transiting through Hong Kong?
Indian citizens are permitted to transit through Hong Kong without the requirement for a pre-arrival registration, provided they are in direct transit and will not leave the transit area of the airport. Travelers who wish to leave the airport or the transit area for an extended period must still apply. The Hong Kong immigration department authorities will request this document when the traveler passes border control or leaves the airport.
How to apply for the pre-arrival registration for Hong Kong as an Indian national
Get your Hong Kong pre-travel registration in three simple steps:
- First, read all the information and fill out your personal details. Then, choose the preferred processing time.
- Second, double-check and verify your information and pay the iVisa.com service fee with a debit or credit card.
- Third, attach any documents needed and click on the submit button to confirm the application form.
Read all info carefully and double-check any spelling. If you make a mistake and have already submitted the form, it may be difficult to change this. Once you receive your completed pre-travel approval by email, you'll need to print this to show to airport officials upon arrival in Hong Kong.
How much does it cost to apply for the Hong Kong pre-arrival registration?
This document is essential for Indian citizens who want to visit Hong Kong for tourism or business without a visa. If you have a valid Indian passport, you can apply with iVisa.com today. Our processing fees are competitive, and we offer express processing options:
- Standard Processing: This option takes USD $284.99 for a fee of USD $90.99.
- Rush Processing: For those who need their pre-arrival visa a little sooner, this option takes just 36 hours for a service fee of USD $167.99.
- Super Rush Processing: If you’re leaving very soon and still need to arrange our travel documents, choose this option, which takes only 24 hours for a fee of USD $284.99.
Do minors need to apply for a Pre Arrival Registration?
Each individual, including children and minors, should complete an application form, as the PAR notification slip that is provided will be matched to a unique passport number. Normal immigration requirements will also apply, such as the necessity for a new passport if it expires within six months of arrival.
COVID-19 restrictions and requirements to enter Hong Kong
It is recommended that all travelers check with their transport operators before traveling because the Hong Kong government may change entry restrictions at any time.
Do I need to take a COVID test to visit Hong Kong?
There are no COVID-19 test requirements..
Do I need to quarantine after arrival in Hong Kong?
There are no quarantine requirements.
Do I need proof of vaccination to enter Hong Kong?
A proof of vaccination is no longer required to enter Hong Kong.
Who can I talk to if I have more questions?
The iVisa.com experts have years of experience completing visa applications for tourists and business travelers all over the world. Let them handle your PAR application with care. Our 100% online service means you don't need to waste time on paperwork and visits to embassies. Reach out to a customer service agent online or email us at [email protected] if you have any questions.
Required Documents to Apply
Indian passport with at least 6 months of validity
Travelers who wish to visit Hong Kong must have an Indian passport valid for at least 6 months beyond their planned date of entry.
On each visit, the registrant may stay in the HKSAR for up to 14 days Per Entry.
Visitors must leave Hong Kong within 14 days Per Entry. If there is a special/urgent need to stay longer, visitors may request an extension of stay application up to 7 days before their visa expires.
Pre-arrival registration for Indian nationals will be valid for six months, or until the expiration date of their Indian passport, whichever comes first.
In cases where pre-arrival registration is denied/unsuccessful, Indian nationals can apply for an entry visa from the Hong Kong immigration department in-person.
If the applicant renews or replaces his/her Indian passport or changes his/her personal details after pre-arrival registration, the registrant must re-apply for pre-arrival registration using the new passport or personal details.
We suggest that passengers verify their information, print out the documentation, and bring a physical copy of it on their trip. The check-in staff at the airports can also verify the registration on their system, however, we highly recommend that clients keep a physical or electronic copy.
My application couldn't be completed due to an error. What now?
What can I do if my Hong Kong Pre-Arrival Registration has been canceled or rejected?
The iVisa team reviews your documents and assists you in avoiding rejection by the government. If the government rejects or cancels your application, you will receive a refund of your processing fee. However, we do not refund government fees.
Reapplying for Hong Kong Pre-Arrival Registration may be a viable option, depending on the reasons for cancellation or rejection.
What should I do after my PAR has been processed?
If I am traveling with my family, do I need to apply for the PAR for each one of my family members?
Do I have to apply for a visa even after I have applied for a PAR?
How many times can I use my Health Declaration document?
How do processing times work?
Where can I read more?
- Hong Kong Vaccination Requirements: Do I need a vaccine to travel to Hong Kong?
- Do I need a Hong Kong tourist visa?
- Do I need a visa for Hong Kong?
- How to obtain a Hong Kong travel visa?
- Hong Kong visa for Indians: Requirements to apply for PAR
- Hong Kong visa requirements
- HOW TO GET A HONG KONG VISIT VISA
- Is a Hong Kong visa on arrival available?
- IS THE HONG KONG VISA ON ARRIVAL FOR INDIAN CITIZENS STILL AVAILABLE?
- The requirements for Hong Kong visa-free nationalities
- See All
- iVisa is NOT affiliated with any government agency. This site does not provide legal advice and we are not a law firm. None of our customer service representatives are lawyers and they also do not provide legal advice. We are a private, internet-based travel and immigration consultancy provider dedicated to helping individuals travel around the world. You may apply by yourself directly on the various government websites. The source of information: https://www.immd.gov.hk//