This content was updated in May 2022
Iceland is a Nordic island country with fascinating landscapes. Known as the "Land of Fire and Ice" for its glaciers, volcanoes, and breathtaking sights, such as the Aurora Borealis located at the top of the world. These wonders can be seen from September to mid-April.
Suppose you require an Iceland Schengen Visa to go on a trip to Iceland. In that case, the best decision is to contact one of our professionals at iVisa, who will be able to assist you and provide outstanding service. You must read the questions below to find out more about the steps you must follow to obtain your Iceland Schengen Visa.
Our Iceland Schengen Visa application form is really easy to fill out, and we are here to help you with everything you need for your Iceland visa application.
Get Your Iceland Visa Application Online Now!
What is the Schengen Visa for Iceland?
To travel to Iceland, it is mandatory to obtain an Iceland visa. The Schengen Area Government requires this Iceland Visa to enter Iceland's borders or any other country in the Schengen zone. This document allows you to stay for up to 90 days in the country. It is used to travel strictly for tourism purposes, or to visit family and friends.
Who is eligible for the Schengen Iceland Visa?
Iceland has been a member state of the Schengen Area since 2001. Currently, the area consists of 26 Schengen countries:
Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and the Czech Republic.
Other Schengen countries are part of the Schengen Area but are not part of the European Union, for example, Norway.
Citizens of more than 100 countries who are not exempt from obtaining a Schengen Visa and want to visit Iceland must apply for the Schengen Visa for Iceland:
|Central African Republic
|Democratic Republic of the Congo
|Papua New Guinea
|São Tomé and Príncipe
Suppose you belong to a country with a visa extension agreement with the Schengen Area, such as the United Kingdom, the United States, and Canada. In that case, you do not need to apply for the Iceland Schengen Visa. But you will have to apply for an Iceland ETIAS as of May 2023.
How long is the Schengen Visa for Iceland valid?
You can stay in the zone for a maximum of 90 days within 180 days with your Iceland Visa, but the validity depends on the time frame you choose when applying and is granted upon the discretion of the government. It could be anything from 1-5 years with a single or multiple entry use.
Travel requirements and documents for the Iceland Visa
To obtain the Schengen Visa for Iceland, there are some visa requirements that you must meet. iVisa will ask you for some documents to start the process. These are the documents that are needed:
- Valid passport - It must have been issued within the last 10 years and must be valid for more than 3 months before leaving Iceland. It must have at least 2 blank pages to attach the visa.
- Copies of older visas - If you have a visa to the Schengen states, any Iceland Visa or any other country in the world, you must submit this information.
- Digital Photo - The photo size should be 35x40mm. In a close-up of the head and top of the shoulders, your ears should appear in the photo so that the face occupies 70-80% of the photograph with a sharp focus. It must be taken within the past 6 months. If you don't have a recent digital passport photo, we also provide a passport photo service, so you can get one digitally in no time.
- Travel medical insurance - You must have travel insurance with a minimum coverage of 30,000 euros for illness or accidents.
- A complete itinerary of your trip - Round-trip airline ticket. Flight number and reservation code, specifying departure and arrival dates.
- Proof of financial means - The Icelandic authorities ask you to prove that you have sufficient funds for your stay. You must demonstrate at least €145 per entry and about €29 per day during your visit.
- Proof of accommodation - You must show that you have a place to stay during your visit; it can be any of the following:
- Hotel Booking
- Signed invitation letter from a friend or relative
- Travel documents from a Tour Operator
- Proof of civil status - This can be a birth certificate or a marriage certificate.
- A valid email address - We need your current email address to send you the Iceland Visa form.
- A credit or debit card to pay - iVisa accepts all major credit and debit cards. We are not allowed to receive cash payments.
Do I need a Schengen Visa for Iceland to transit through the country?
The Iceland Airport Transit Visa may be required if you connect to one of Iceland's airports. In that case, you must apply for an airport transit visa before taking your flight. The Iceland airport transit visa is a short-stay visa that allows you to transit within the airport.
How do I apply for the Schengen Visa for Iceland with iVisa?
You can apply for your Schengen Iceland visa at iVisa easily and quickly. The whole process of completing the form will take you no more than 15-20 minutes. Just follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Complete all the questions on the form by reading each question carefully. Once you have finished, select the time you need to process your Iceland Schengen Visa application. You must have all the documents with you.
- Step 2: Verify that all the information is correct to avoid mistakes. Then select the payment method; it can be a credit or debit card. We cannot accept cash.
- Step 3: Once payment has been made, you must provide all the required documentation to process your Iceland visa.
Once iVisa has processed and approved the application, the document will be sent to you via email within the selected time frame. We recommend checking your spam folder if it does not arrive in your inbox.
What are the costs and processing times of the Schengen Visa for Iceland?
The process to obtain the Schengen Iceland visa takes approximately 15 to 20 days; however, if you choose to process your visa in a shorter time, you can do it through iVisa.
These options are excellent for people who need their visa in less time:
- Standard Processing Time: This option is ideal if you are not in a hurry to have your visa and can wait.
- Rush Processing Time: This option is faster, and you can process your visa in less time which is great if you want to travel soon.
- Super Rush Processing Time: This option is easier and faster to get your visa if you need to make an emergency or last-minute trip.
Do minors need a Schengen Visa for Iceland?
Minors also need a Schengen Visa to Iceland. Parents must include the following documents when applying for a Schengen Visa for Iceland:
- An application signed by both parents
- The child's birth certificate
- In case one of the parents has full custody of the child, they must submit a Family Court Order.
- A copy of both parent's passports
- A notarized letter signed by both parents if the child is traveling alone
When should I apply for the Schengen Visa for Iceland?
Submitting the Schengen Visa applications between two weeks and six months before travel is recommended.
COVID-19 requirements or restrictions
Do I need to take a COVID-19 test before traveling to Iceland?
Iceland does not have any restrictions on travel due to COVID-19. For both domestic and international travel.
Do I need a COVID-19 vaccine or vaccination certificate to enter Iceland?
It is not necessary to present a vaccination certificate.
Do I need to quarantine when I get to Iceland?
Quarantine is not required for traveling to Iceland.
Where can I contact you?
If you still have doubts or questions about the procedure for acquiring your Schengen Visa for Iceland, you can have a private chat with one of our efficient agents customer service team or email [email protected]. They will be happy to assist you and are available 24 hours a day.
- Iceland ETIAS for citizens of Mexico
- Iceland ETIAS for citizens of Hong Kong
- Iceland ETIAS for citizens of Malaysia
- Iceland ETIAS for citizens of Ukraine
- Iceland ETIAS for citizens of El Salvador
- Iceland Pre-Registration Form is not working
- Iceland visa policy
- Iceland ETIAS for citizens of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Iceland Vaccination Requirements
- Iceland (Schengen) Visa for citizens of China
- See All