Fill out this online form to begin the process!
India eVisa Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to contact the Embassy for my Visa?
NO. To travel to India for periods of under 60 days you can apply online and the visa is sent to you via email.
What Do I need when I get to the airport?
- Valid passport
- Picture ID
- Your e-Visa to India. We recommend you to print out the e-Visa.
What is the price for an Indian e-Visa for UK citizens?
When ordering through iVisa, you will pay $102.5 government fee for the visa to India. There is a small $35 processing fee.
IF you need your visa rushed, there are additional fees, BUT they are completely optional and usually not needed.
Can I get my e-Visa quickly?
YES. When you apply for an e-visa to India through iVisa we provide options:
- Super rush processing: Takes 18-24 hours, depending at what time of day you apply.
- Standard processing: You will receive the electronic visa by email within 72 hours of applying online.
What is the difference between Airport and Sea port arrivals?
Airport arrival: Flight arriving at an airport.
Note that you can enter India with the tourist e-Visa ONLY at these points of entry:
Seaport arrival: When you arrive in India via a boat/ferry/cruise ship at a seaport.
Entry is possible ONLY through these 5 seaports:
How does the Electronic Tourist Visa look like?
What are the photo requirements for an India e-visa application?
You have to upload a digital photograph as part of the application process for the Visa to India.
The photo should meet the following requirements:
- The height and width of the Photo must be equal
- Photo should present Full face, front view, eyes open
- Center head within frame and present full head from top of hair to bottom of chin
- Background should be plain light colored or white background
- No shadows on the face or on the background
- Without borders
TIP: If you want to ensure that your photo is 100%, we recommend using MyPassportPhotos.com
Can I go to India multiple times a year with this visa or how many times can I use it?
No. The eVisa for india as a Tourist is for a maximum of 2 visits in a calendar year.
Travelers are ONLY able to get 2 e-Visas per calendar year. Every time you apply for the eVisa it will count towards the 2 applications yearly.
IMPORTANT: If you made a mistake on one (1) order/application and you need to re-apply, the second order will count as two applications, even if the first one is not used. This is very important to note as you will HAVE to apply for the "3rd" visa at an Indian embassy near you.
IF you require a visa with multiple entries and a longer validity then you need to contact your local Indian Consulate for more information.
How can I retrieve my India visa?
I want a tourist visa to India, what is the fastest way to apply?
Just fill out this form and follow 3 easy steps.
1)Complete your application form online (it takes less than 5 minutes)
2) Complete all your info and upload additional documents (passport photo and a photo scan of your passport).
3) Once we have your details online, the passport photo and the passport photo information, we will process your eVisa.
The whole process shouldn’t take more than 48 hours.
Do I require a vaccine when traveling abroad to India?
IT DEPENDS. Some governments require proof of yellow fever vaccination IF you are arriving from a country with risk of yellow fever.
Is the India e-visa for a single entry or multiple entries?
The Tourist and Business e-Visa are double entry visas, and medical eVisa is a triple entry visa.
Does my child need a visa to travel to India?
YES. everybody must apply for an e-Visa regardless of their age.
APPLY FOR YOUR INDIA E-VISA NOW!
- Standard Processing: 96 hours.
- Rush Processing: 72 hours.
- Super Rush Processing: 48 hours.