Disclaimer - iVisa does not currently offer the OCI card, please check below for any information you may need about your future application with us, or how to apply for an India Visa.
If you are currently not in India, don’t worry! You can still apply for the OCI card with iVisa.com. Any citizen living in any state of the United States can acquire this document (outside territories not included). We have the speed, security, and simplicity to help you!
Remember that the OCI card gives your plenty of benefits, like working or living in India. You can travel to India as many times as you please. Let us help you with the online process, and we can answer your question: Can I process my OCI card overseas?
How can I acquire my OCI card with iVisa.com?
- Dive into the application page.
- Complete the online application.
- Our team will review your details and request more information if needed.
- Expect a preparation guide with further steps.
- Deliver the physical application to the VFS Application Center.
- Receive the OCI card in 5 to 6 weeks.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I process my OCI card overseas?
As the name states, Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI), this travel document is available overseas. However, not everywhere.
If you are currently in any state of the United States, you can apply for the OCI card. External territories are not included in this guideline.
What are the OCI card requirements?
First of all, you must have the following:
- A passport scan, your passport must be valid for a minimum of 6 months.
- A valid email address.
- A payment method, select between a Paypal account or a credit/debit card.
Besides, you must have these requirements:
- Digital photo.
- Digital signature.
- A document showing your address.
According to the purpose of your application, we could require more documentation. Keep checking the answer to the question: Can I process my OCI card overseas?
What are the OCI card processing times?
- Standard Processing Time: USD $371.49 - 2 days.
- Rush Processing Time: USD $390.49 - 24 hours.
- Super Rush Processing Time: USD $411.99 - 4 hours.
How can I apply?
- Answer the questions in the application form. Select a processing time (Standard, Rush, or Super Rush).
- Review your details and choose a payment alternative between a Paypal account or credit/debit card.
- Upload any supporting documents, if required.
After these steps, we will review your application and send you a preparation guide with the next steps. We expect you send the paperwork to the VFS Application Center. They will process your travel document in 5 to 6 weeks.
We are ready to explain your question: Can I process my OCI card overseas?
Can I trust iVisa.com?
For sure! Countless travelers have trusted our services for years. We have contributed with our expertise to travelers from all over the world. Let us help you with the question: Can I process my OCI card overseas?
Check the comments section for more details about our services.
Who should I contact if I have some doubts?
Reach out to our support agents who are available 24 hours a day. Explore the answer to your question: Can I process my OCI card overseas?
After you obtain the OCI card, you can visit India as many times as you would like. Therefore, we recommend planning several trips so you can get to know all of India. Check Jallianwala Bagh in Amritsar. This site has significance due to a tragedy that happened in the last century. On April 13, 1919, about 2,000 Indians were shot by British soldiers in this place. This event is known as the Amritsar massacre. According to historical records, around 20,000 people had joined the celebrations of the Punjabi harvest festival in Baisakhi, who later became victims of this attack.
Visit Delhi and discover one of the most famous cities in India. Delhi has a perfect combination of energetic locals, busy quarters, and ancient monuments. Go to the India Gate and check the monuments that pay tribute to all the Indian soldiers that defended the country. Check the inscriptions from the over 13,000 soldiers who gave their lives during the Afghan war in 1919. Also, read the 90,000 soldiers’ names who died during World War I. We are sure you will find Indian history fascinating. Go for your OCI card now.