Learn More: eVisa
Content update, August 2023
Travel to Iran and get your eVisa with iVisa!
What is the Iran eVisa?
The Iran eVisa is an electronic nonimmigrant visa application to travel temporarily to the Islamic Republic of Iran.
Visa applicants must submit the online form for all nonimmigrant visa categories, including those applying for Entry, Tourist, Work, Treatment, Press, Student, Family, and Investment visas.
Once you apply with iVisa, we send the information to the Consular Officers who will use the information to process the visa and request (if necessary) an in-person interview, to determine the applicant’s eligibility for the Iran eVisa.
Who can travel to Iran with this eVisa?
Citizens from most countries worldwide are free to apply for the Iran e-Visa. It is issued to travelers who visit the country for the purpose of visiting friends and relatives, recreational activities, medical treatment, or short-term business visits.
The passport of the applicant must be valid for at least six months from the date of the visa application.
All citizens eligible can apply for the document here.
How to get the Iran eVisa?
The first step to getting the Iran eVisa is completing the application process online. Some applicants will need to attend a visa interview, though some applicants may qualify for the visa without an interview.
- To fill out the Iran eVisa application, you will need to have the following documents at hand, including, but not limited to:
- Digital image of your valid passport with a minimum of 6 months validity from the planned date of arrival.
- Digital passport-size photo (white background).
- Information about other Iran visas you have had, if any.
- Travel Itinerary.
- Résumé or Curriculum Vitae - You may be required to provide information about your current and previous education and work history.
- Extra Information - Some applicants, depending on the intended visa types, will be asked to provide additional information when completing the online visa application.
Make sure you pay close attention to the instructions on each page and provide all documents asked for, you will be able to review your answers before submitting the form.
Once you submit your application, you will receive an email verification and a confirmation number. You can use this number to track your progress.
Keep the Iran eVisa application submission notice, and print it.
You should wait for your application to pass all the required processes within 10-15 business days once submitted. When the application status changes, a status email will be sent to your email address.
Once your Iran eVisa is granted then you must print the document and have it ready to present it at the airport.
Finally you will have to pay the government’s fee for your visa at the airport’s banking terminals, only in euros, and you will receive your permit to enter the country.
Start your application to get the Iran eVisa with iVisa.
Details about the government fee
Once you have completed the application process with iVisa and you have been granted your Iran eVisa, you must print out the grant notice and take it to the visa on arrival counter at the airport where you will pay the Government fee and receive your permit to enter Iran.
Visit the FAQs below to view the quarantine rules for Iran.
Required Documents to Apply
- Applicant's photo
- Passport scan
- Proof of Marriage or Spousal Relationship (if applicable)
- Relationship Certificate (if applicable)
The Iran eVisa is an online travel document to visit Iran temporarily.
You may be asked to attend a visa interview by a consulate officer, based on the appointment system you will be scheduled for an interview.
You must submit your eVisa application online at least 2 days ahead of your trip, but it is recommended to do it before. Once it’s approved, you’re sent what’s called a Grant Notice.
Travelers who may have dual nationality should announce their nationality based on the travel documents/passport that they wish to apply with. In the case that the nationality printed on the visa is incompatible with the nationality printed on the passport, the visa will be null and void.
Remember to check your country's safety recommendations before traveling, for a better travel experience
– This does not apply to nationals and residents of Iran.
- iVisa is a legitimate company, accredited and recognized by the International Air Transport Association (IATA). For more information, see the FAQs below.
My application couldn't be completed due to an error. What now?
What can I do if my Iran eVisa has been canceled or rejected?
Will I get a refund if my application for an Iran eVisa gets rejected?
I made a mistake in one of my answers. Can I change it?
How will I know whether my visa application has been accepted or rejected?
How do processing times work?
Where can I read more?
- Iran Vaccine Requirements
- Iran Requirement for COVID Test: How to visit Iran during COVID-19
- Iran eVisa for Citizens of UAE
- How Citizens of France Can Enter Iran During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of the United States Can Enter Iran During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of China Can Enter Iran During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of Spain Can Enter Iran During Coronavirus
- Iran Covid Quarantine: See how to visit Iran safely
- Iran COVID Entry Requirements: How to travel to Iran safely
- Is there a travel ban to Iran? See the complete answer here
- See All