As a Mexican citizen, you should know that you do not need a consular visa if you decide to spend your vacation days in Kenya. That is because you are eligible for an electronic visa, which means that you can apply online for a Kenya visa. This is where iVisa comes in. It can help you get the travel document in as little as 2 hours.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Mexico – the requirements
You cannot start the online application process unless you are able to meet all the requirements. However, as you will see, the list does not contain anything out of the ordinary, and you may already have some of the necessary items. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – you cannot apply for a Kenya visa unless you are a passport holder. Plus, Kenya’s visa policy dictates that the document has to be valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Kenya.
- A scan of your passport’s bio page – iVisa will require you to upload it during the application process.
- Digital passport photo – keep in mind that the picture needs to be taken recently. There are a few other guidelines the photo has to follow as well.
- Return flight ticket – the purpose of this requirement is to assure immigration officers that you plan to return to your home country before your visa expires.
- Proof of accommodation – this can either be a hotel booking confirmation or a letter of invitation from a friend/family.
- Travel itinerary
- E-mail address – after your application is processed, iVisa will send you the travel document via e-mail in PDF format. Remember to print out at least one physical copy before your departure.
- Means of payment – iVisa is versatile as far as paying for services goes. You can either use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also valid methods of payment.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Mexico – the online application form
When you notice that you have everything necessary for the application process, you can go ahead and fill in the form. The task at hand is not at all complicated, but if you feel like you need some help along the way or have some questions, do not hesitate to contact Visa’s customer support. It is at your disposal 24/7 and free of charge.
Once you get to the application page, you will notice that the form created by iVisa consists of three steps. The first one focuses on general information and processing time. As for the latter, you should know that the sooner you want your Kenya visa, the more you are going to have to pay for it. You are given three choices:
- Standard processing – this is the cheapest option you have at hand. The slowest as well. You receive your Kenya visa within 5 business days, and the fee is $88.
- Rush processing – for faster processing, you can choose this option and have your application processed within 2 business days. You will be charged $118.
- Super Rush processing – in case you need your e-visa as fast as possible, select this option, and your application is processed within just 2 hours. The fee, however, is $153.
Step two wants you to take care of the payment and make sure that the information in your form does not contain any inaccuracies, while the third requires you to provide iVisa with the necessary documents that support your application. You have to upload them. When you are finished, submit your request, and iVisa will handle everything that follows.
The bottom line is that the online process of getting a Kenya Visa for the citizens of Mexico is far less demanding than going to an embassy. The e-visa you receive remains valid for 90 days since the date of issue, and you can use it just once. You can stay in Kenya for up to 90 days.