According to Kenya’s visa policy, the citizens of New Zealand are eligible for an electronic visa when traveling to Kenya for tourism purposes. As a result, you can avoid the trip to the embassy to get your visa, and you can apply online for a Kenya visa instead. iVisa can help with that, and you can have the travel document you need in just 2 hours.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of New Zealand – the requirements
First of all, you need to make sure that you can meet the requirements, and only then start the application process. However, the things you need are easy to obtain, and chances are that you already have some of them. You must have at hand the following:
- Passport – you cannot apply for a Kenya visa unless you are a passport holder. Plus, Kenya’s visa policy dictates that the document has to be valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Kenya.
- A scan of your passport’s bio page – iVisa will require you to upload it during the application process.
- Digital passport photo – keep in mind that the picture needs to be taken recently. There are a few other guidelines the photo has to follow as well.
- Return flight ticket – the purpose of this requirement is to assure immigration officers that you plan to return to your home country before your visa expires.
- Proof of accommodation – this can either be a hotel booking confirmation or a letter of invitation from a friend/family.
- Travel itinerary
- E-mail address – after your application is processed, iVisa will send you the travel document via e-mail in PDF format. Remember to print out at least one physical copy before your departure.
- Means of payment – iVisa is versatile as far as paying for services goes. You can either use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also valid methods of payment.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of New Zealand – the online application form
After you put together all of the above, you can proceed and fill in the application form. You should not find it difficult to complete, but iVisa’s customer support is at your disposal non-stop should you need assistance. The service is free of charge.
There are three steps you need to go through. The first one covers general information and processing time. Concerning the latter, you are going to have to make a choice, and that choice will determine the cost of your Kenya visa. iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – this is the cheapest option you have at hand. The slowest as well. You receive your Kenya visa within 5 business days, and the fee is $88.
- Rush processing – for faster processing, you can choose this option and have your application processed within 2 business days. You will be charged $118.
- Super Rush processing – in case you need your e-visa as fast as possible, select this option, and your application is processed within just 2 hours. The fee, however, is $153.
Step number two asks that you cover the payment and review your form. It is important that you do not submit erred information. Otherwise, your visa will be invalid, and you have to repeat the application process.
Finally, the third step requires you to upload the documentation that supports your application. As soon as that is done, you can click on the submit button, and iVisa will take care of the rest. As you can see, the online process of getting a Kenya Visa for the citizens of New Zealand beats going to an embassy. It is faster and easier. The Kenya e-visa is valid for 90 days since issue, it grants a single entry, and you can stay in Kenya for a period that cannot exceed 90 days.