As a Kenyan passport holder, you cannot travel to Mexico unless you apply for a visa at the nearest Mexican embassy. You also need to purchase a Mexico tourist card, also known as a Forma Migratoria Múltiple.
iVisa can easily help you with this process, so in order to give you the best information to know what are the requirements and more, we brough you this article.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
I'm from Kenya, do I need a visa to enter Mexico?
Kenya is one of the countries that require a Mexican Tourist Card or FMM to enter the country, which is why you don't need a visa per se, but a Tourist Card.
What is a Mexican FMM or Tourist Card?
This is an special document that gives you the legal authorization to enter Mexico for a certain amount of time. It works similar to a visa, but with a much simpler way to apply online.
How long can Kenyan citizens stay in Mexico with a Tourist Card?
The Mexican Tourist Card or FMM, allows Kenyan Citizens to stay in the country for 180 days in Total.
What are the requirements to apply for a Mexico FMM?
Before you apply for a Mexico Tourist Card, you need to check if you have everything necessary for the application process. Fortunately, the list is quite short, and the items on it are effortless to acquire. Here is what you need:
- Passport – you cannot apply for a Mexico tourist card unless you have a valid passport. Plus, according to Mexico’s visa policy, the travel document has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from your arrival.
- Airplane ticket – you only need to meet this requirement if you make the trip by air. iVisa is interested mostly in the flight number. If you travel by car, you do not need another document that attests your arrival.
- E-mail address – when you apply online for your tourist card, you will receive the document via e-mail in PDF format. It would be best if you printed it out before you leave. Also, just in case you lose your FMM card, or it gets stolen, we recommend that you write down the document’s number.
- Means of payment – when you apply online, you need to be able to make the payment online as well. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal.
To simplify you the list, here's what you should give more importance before applying:
Legal Guardian 1 Passport Page Scan (if applicable) Passport Personal Details Scan (if applicable)
Legal Guardian 1 Passport Page Scan (if applicable)
Passport Personal Details Scan (if applicable)
Can I get my Mexico FMM with iVisa?
Good news for you! Yes, you can have it! We always offer a professional service to offer electronic visas properly, and we've been doing it for more than 6 years from now, and still counting.
What are the processing times and also the cost for FMM if I have Kenyan passport ?
The cost of a Mexico tourist card is determined by your means of travel to Mexico, as well as by the processing timeframe you select during the application process. As for the latter, you can choose from the following options:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the cheapest. You receive your Mexico tourist card in 24 hours, and you are charged USD 20.00.
- Rush processing – the in-between option delivers your tourist card in 4 hours. Obviously, this option is more expensive. You must pay USD 40.00.
- Super Rush processing – this time, your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you will be charged USD 60.00.
Regarding the means of travel, you should know that when you travel by car, the cost of your Mexico tourist card will be an additional $29. As a result, you will be charged $49, $69, and $89 respectively for each processing time.
How can I apply for a Mexico FMM with my Kenyan Passport?
We will give you a short description of the application form so that you know what to expect when you access the application page. But keep in mind that whenever you need help or have questions, iVisa’s customer support can help you. The service is available 24/7 and entirely free of charge.
There are three steps you need to go through:
The first one wants your personal information, but this is also the moment when you have to choose a processing time and mention your means of travel.
The second step wants you to take care of the payment and carefully review the information in your form.
With the third step you need to upload a few necessary documents. You can only submit your application once all three steps are complete. iVisa will take care of the rest.
What should I do as soon as I finish my application form?
Immediately after finishing your entire application process, you'll get the e-Visa via e-mail according to the processing time you selected before. It's quite easy to see that you don't have to deal with any Mexican embassy to proceed with the document. We do it for you in a professional way.
How many entries does the Mexican FMM allow to Kenyan?
If you're a Kenyan citizen, you'll get an FMM with a Single Entry, so this means you can enter just one time.
How will I know when I'm ready to use my FMM?
We always keep you updated via e-mail. So as long as you give us a valid e-mail adress, you'll realize with this method when you're ready to use your FMM. We will send it to you as soon as the Government approves it.
What if I travel by car and not airplane?
Then you'll have to apply for a Tourist Card by Land, which has an additional cost of USD 29.00.
Can I apply for family or friends if they're from Kenya?
Do you want to travel with other members of your family or some friends? Then as long as they're are from Kenya or other country that has a FMM available, then you can apply for them. Just don't forget thatt in order to proceed properly their tourist cards, you have to keep on hand all of their required documents.
Also remember that if you're are applying for just one friend or one family member, you can do it here by fillin in their personal information.
In case of just adding one person, then you can do it by selecting ‘Add new applicant’ in the application form.
Where can I read more information about Mexican FMM?
Do you still have some questions to solve? , that's completely ok for us. In that case, we offer you two options:
Contact our customer center here to receive a personalized attention.
Or simply enter the Mexico FMM page to read other FAQs that could be useful for you.
Getting a Mexican FMM for the citizens of Kenya is basically something super easy. iVisa does the hard work by handling the bureaucracy, so take advantage of it and start planning your trip peacefully!