As a Kenyan passport holder, you cannot travel to Mexico unless you apply for a visa at the nearest Mexican embassy. You also need to purchase a Mexico tourist card, also known as a Forma Migratoria Multiple. iVisa cannot help with the visa itself, but if you use its services, you can obtain the tourist card in as little as 30 minutes.
Mexico Visa for Kenyan passport holders – requirements
Before you apply for a Mexico Tourist Card, you need to check if you have everything necessary for the application process. Fortunately, the list is quite short, and the items on it are effortless to acquire. Here is what you need:
- Passport – you cannot apply for a Mexico tourist card unless you have a valid passport. Plus, according to Mexico’s visa policy, the travel document has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from your arrival.
- Airplane ticket – you only need to meet this requirement if you make the trip by air. iVisa is interested mostly in the flight number. If you travel by car, you do not need another document that attests your arrival.
- E-mail address – when you apply online for your tourist card, you will receive the document via e-mail in PDF format. It would be best if you printed it out before you leave. Also, just in case you lose your FMM card, or it gets stolen, we recommend that you write down the document’s number.
- Means of payment – when you apply online, you need to be able to make the payment online as well. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Mexico Visa for Kenyan passport holders – processing time and fees
The cost of a Mexico tourist card is determined by your means of travel to Mexico, as well as by the processing timeframe you select during the application process. As for the latter, you can choose from the following options:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the cheapest. You receive your Mexico tourist card in 24 hours, and you are charged $20.
- Rush processing – the in-between option delivers your tourist card in 6 hours. Obviously, this option is more expensive. You must pay $40.
- Super Rush processing – this time, your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you will be charged $60.
Regarding the means of travel, you should know that when you travel by car, the cost of your Mexico tourist card will be an additional $29. As a result, you will be charged $49, $69, and $89 respectively for each processing time.
The online application form
We will give you a short description of the application form so that you know what to expect when you access the application page. But keep in mind that whenever you need help or have questions, iVisa’s customer support can help you. The service is available 24/7 and entirely free of charge.
There are three steps you need to go through. The first one wants your personal information, but this is also the moment when you have to choose a processing time and mention your means of travel. The second step wants you to take care of the payment and carefully review the information in your form, while the third expects you to upload a few necessary documents. You can only submit your application once all three steps are complete. iVisa will take care of the rest.
The bottom line is that the process of getting a Mexico tourist card for Kenyan passport holders is incredibly convenient. The card is valid for 180 days, and it can only be used for a single entry.