As a Belgian national, you are not required to get a consular visa when you travel to Mexico for your vacation. You do, however, need to obtain a Mexico tourist card, also called a Forma Migratoria Multiple. The card can be purchased online, and iVisa facilitates the process. You can have the document in just 30 minutes if that is what you wish.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Belgium – the requirements
Before you begin the online application process, you need to put together a few documents and pieces of information required for the operation. However, you do not need much. Only the following:
- Valid passport – when you apply online for a Tourist card, you must have at hand a valid passport. Moreover, the travel document in question has to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Mexico.
- Airplane ticket – this requirement applies only if you travel to Mexico by air. It is essential to provide a flight number. When you take the trip by car, no substitute document is needed.
- E-mail address – as a result of the online application process, your Tourist Card arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You need to print it out before departure. Also, we suggest that you write down the FMM number just in case your Tourist Card is lost or stolen.
- Means of payment – an online application process also requires a method of payment that allows you to pay online. iVisa accepts multiple such methods. You can use a credit or debit card, but we also take PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Belgium – the online application form
Once you have everything necessary, feel free to access the application page and fill in the form. The task at hand is easy to complete, but if you need assistance, you can contact iVisa’s customer support via online chat or phone. The service is available 24/7 and entirely free of charge.
There are three steps you need to complete. The first one asks for your personal information, but you also have to mention your means of travel and select a processing time for your application. As far as the latter is concerned, you are given three options, and the one you choose determines the cost of your Mexico tourist card. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest option you have at hand. It is also the cheapest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and the fee is just $20.
- Rush processing – if you choose this option, you receive your Tourist Card in just 6 hours, but as you can imagine, the fee goes a bit higher. You will be charged $40.
- Super Rush processing – as the fastest available option, this is the most expensive. The Tourist Card is approved in 30 minutes, but you have to pay $60 for it.
Keep in mind that the fees above apply when you travel by air. If you choose to travel by land, you will spend an additional $29 for each processing time.
When you get to the second step, all you have to do is to handle the payment and review your form to make sure that it does not contain inaccurate information. And lastly, the third step wants you to upload a few necessary documents that support your application. When you are done, click on the submit button, and iVisa will handle the bureaucracy that follows.
The bottom line is that iVisa makes the process of getting a Mexico tourist card incredibly easy. The card is valid for 6 months, it covers a stay of up to 180 days, and you are granted a single entry.