The citizens of Brazil, like many other nationalities, are exempt from getting a visa when planning a trip to Mexico for tourism purposes. Nevertheless, you are still required to purchase a Mexico tourist card. You can do that on the plane or when you arrive in Mexico, but we recommend the online application process. With iVisa, you can have the card approved as fast as you need.
But since you probably have some doubts about it, we will answer you some of the most frequent questions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do Brazilian Citizens need a Visa to enter Mexico?
No, they don't need a visa per se. What Brazilian Citizens need is simply a Tourist Card or FMM.
What is a Mexican FMM for Brazilians?
The Mexico FMM (Forma Migratoria Múltiple or Tourist Card is an special document that gives you the proper authorization to enter Mexico legally. It might be similar to a visa, but it is easier to get it, especially when applying online.
How long can Brazilian citizens stay in Mexico with a Tourist Card?
Citizens of Brazil can stay for 180 days Total in Mexico while they have the FMM.
How many types of Tourist Cards are there for Brazilian?
There's just one, The Forma Migratoria Múltiple or FMM, but it can be by air or by land. Keep in mind that the FMM by Land has a cost of USD 29.00.
What are the Requirements for Brazilian citizens?
If there is one thing you do not have to worry about is the list of requirements for an online Mexico tourist card. The list is concise, and chances are that you already have everything on it. Here is what you will need:
- Valid passport – when you apply online for a Tourist card, you must have at hand a valid passport. Moreover, the travel document in question has to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Mexico.
- Airplane ticket – this requirement applies only if you travel to Mexico by air. It is essential to provide a flight number. When you take the trip by car, no substitute document is needed.
- E-mail address – as a result of the online application process, your Tourist Card arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You need to print it out before departure. Also, we suggest that you write down the FMM number just in case your Tourist Card is lost or stolen.
- Means of payment – an online application process also requires a method of payment that allows you to finish the process online. iVisa accepts multiple methods. You can use a credit or debit card, but we also accept PayPal.
To keep it simple, here's the list of the few documents that have major importance before applying:
Legal Guardian 1 Passport Page Scan (if applicable) Passport Personal Details Scan (if applicable)
Legal Guardian 1 Passport Page Scan (if applicable)
Passport Personal Details Scan (if applicable)
How much time do I need to apply?
You'll be ready to get your FMM in less than 20 minutes.
How is the application form for Brazilians?
We will provide a short description of the application form so that you know what to expect during the process. Just remember that iVisa provides non-stop customer support should you need some help or have some questions. The service does not charge.
The form you are asked to fill in consists of three steps:
The first one focuses on personal information, means of travel, and processing time. As for the latter, you need to choose a processing timeframe for your application. It will determine the cost of your Mexico tourist card. We will give you the different variations later.
Moving on to step number two, this is the point at which you have to handle the payment and review your form so that it does not contain any mistakes. A simple error such as a typo can invalidate your tourist card.
Finally, the third step is reserved for supporting documents. You will be asked to upload them. After you do that, you can click on the submit button, and iVisa will handle everything else that follows.
What are the prices and also the processing times for the FMM if I'm Brazilian?
To know the total amount of your FMM, you first have to determine your means of travel to Mexico, as well as the processing timeframe you select during the application process. Here is what you can choose from:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest option you have at hand. It is also the cheapest. Your application is processed in 24 hours, and the fee you have to pay is just USD 20.00.
- Rush processing – if you choose this option, you receive your Tourist Card in just 4 hours, but as you can imagine, the fee goes a bit higher. You will be charged USD 40.00.
- Super Rush processing – as the fastest available option, this is the most expensive. The Tourist Card is approved in 30 minutes, but you have to pay USD 60.00 for it.
Remember that the fees above apply when you travel by air. If you choose to travel by land, you will spend an additional USD 29.00 for each processing time.
As a Brazilian citizen, you may not need a Mexico visa, but you do need a Mexico tourist card. Let iVisa assist you with that.
What am I supposed to do as soon as I finish my application?
Don't stress about this part. As soon as you end up with your application process, you'll obtain the FMM through e-mail according to the processing time you chose before. It's not that hard to see that you don't have to deal with a Mexican embassy, you're free of that. In iVisa, we take care of that part.
How many entries does the Mexican FMM allow to Brazilian citizens?
If you're from Brazil, you'll get an FMM with a Single Entry, so this means you can enter just once.
What should I do if I travel by land?
If your mean of transportation is a car or a bus, then you'll have to apply for a Tourist Card by Land, which has an extra cost of USD 29.00.
Can I apply for family or friends?
If you wish to travel with friends or family, then you can apply for them as long as they obviously have the same requirements asked before. Remember that this is important in order to proceed properly their tourist cards.
Also consider that if you're are applying for one friend or one family member, you can apply here by having in their personal information.
In case of just adding one person, then you can do it only selecting ‘Add new applicant’ in the application form.
Do I have to apply for my children?
If you travel with kids, yes, you have to apply for them separately too.
Where can I read more information about Mexican Tourist Card?
Still having some doubts? Don't worry! You can easily contact our customer center here to receive a personalized attention. Or just click on the Mexico FMM page to read other FAQs that could be helpful for you.
Start your journey to Mexico by applying online with iVisa and forget about paperwork!