As a Canadian citizen, you can spend your vacation in Mexico without having to acquire a visa before departure. Nonetheless, you must purchase a Mexico Tourist Card. It is also called a Forma Migratoria Multiple, and you can either apply for it on the plane or buy it when you arrive in Mexico. However, you also have the option to apply online with iVisa. As a result, the card can be approved in just 30 minutes.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Canada – the requirements
You will be happy to learn that you do not need much to apply online for a Mexico tourist card. The list of requirements is actually short. Here is what you must have at your disposal during the online application process:
- Valid passport – when you apply online for a Tourist card, you must have at hand a valid passport. Moreover, the travel document in question has to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Mexico.
- Airplane ticket – this requirement applies only if you travel to Mexico by air. It is essential to provide a flight number. When you take the trip by car, no substitute document is needed.
- E-mail address – as a result of the online application process, your Tourist Card arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You need to print it out before departure. Also, we suggest that you write down the FMM number just in case your Tourist Card is lost or stolen.
- Means of payment – an online application process also requires a method of payment that allows you to pay online. iVisa accepts multiple such methods. You can use a credit or debit card, but we also take PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Canada – the online application form
As soon as you think you are ready, you are free to fill in the online application form. It should take about 20 minutes of your time, but if you need help, do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s support. The customer service is available 24/7 and entirely free of charge.
The form you must complete is split into three parts for your convenience. The first part wants your personal information, but you also have to choose a processing time for your application. iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest option you have at hand. It is also the cheapest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and the fee is just $20.
- Rush processing – if you choose this option, you receive your Tourist Card in just 6 hours, but as you can imagine, the fee goes a bit higher. You will be charged $40.
- Super Rush processing – as the fastest available option, this is the most expensive. The Tourist Card is approved in 30 minutes, but you have to pay $60 for it.
Keep in mind that the fees above apply when you travel by air. If you choose to travel by land, you will spend an additional $29 for each processing time.
The second part expects you to insert your payment details and carefully review your form to correct any possible mistakes, while the third requires you to provide iVisa with the necessary documents that support your application. You will have to upload them. When all three steps are complete, you can submit your request, and iVisa will handle everything else that follows.
Needless to say, the citizens of Canada have an easier way to purchase a Mexico tourist card than standing in line at arrival. The card has a validity period of 180 days since arrival, it covers a stay of just as much, and you can use it for a single visit.