Mexico Visa for the citizens of Costa Rica

Mexico Visa for the citizens of Costa Rica
iVisa | Updated on Jun 20, 2019

As stated by Mexico’s visa policy, the citizens of Costa Rica can enter Mexico without a visa if they travel for tourism purposes. However, a Mexico tourist card is required. You can apply for one on the plane, or you can purchase it when you arrive in Mexico. But you also have the option to acquire it online before departure using the services rendered by iVisa.

Alt Text

Mexico Visa for the citizens of Costa Rica – requirements

Before you start the application process, we recommend that you put together the information and the documents necessary for the whole operation. That ensures a smoother process. Here is what you will need:

  • Valid passport – when you apply online for a Tourist card, you must have at hand a valid passport. Moreover, the travel document in question has to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Mexico.
  • Airplane ticket – this requirement applies only if you travel to Mexico by air. It is essential to provide a flight number. When you take the trip by car, no substitute document is needed.
  • E-mail address – as a result of the online application process, your Tourist Card arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You need to print it out before departure. Also, we suggest that you write down the FMM number just in case your Tourist Card is lost or stolen.
  • Means of payment – an online application process also requires a method of payment that allows you to pay online. iVisa accepts multiple such methods. You can use a credit or debit card, but we also take PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.

Mexico Visa for the citizens of Costa Rica – the online application process

Once you have all of the above, you are ready to fill in the application form. You should not find this task difficult, but if you require assistance, iVisa’s customer support is available to answer all your questions 24/7. The service is free of charge.

When you fill in the form, you will go through three steps. During the first one, you need to provide your personal information. You also have to select a processing time for your application and mention your means of travel. As far as the processing is concerned, iVisa gives you three options, and your choice will determine the cost of your Mexico tourist card. They are as follows:

  • Standard processing – this is the slowest option you have at hand. It is also the cheapest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and the fee is just $20.
  • Rush processing – if you choose this option, you receive your Tourist Card in just 6 hours, but as you can imagine, the fee goes a bit higher. You will be charged $40.
  • Super Rush processing – as the fastest available option, this is the most expensive. The Tourist Card is approved in 30 minutes, but you have to pay $60 for it. Keep in mind that the fees above apply when you travel by air. If you choose to travel by land, you will spend an additional $29 for each processing time.

During the second step, you must take care of the payment, but you have to review your form as well. It is essential that the information you submit is 100% accurate. And finally, the third step is reserved for supporting documents. You will need to upload them. Once you are finished, you can submit your application, and iVisa will take care of the rest.

What you have to remember from all this is that the online process of getting a Mexico tourist card will save you some time and energy. The card is valid for 180 days since your arrival in Mexico, you are covered for a stay of 180 days, and you can use it for a single entry.

Share this article on
Need Help?