All European Union citizens are exempt from getting a visa when traveling to Mexico for business purposes, and the citizens of Latvia make no exception. Nevertheless, you still need to buy a Mexico tourist card. You have the option to purchase it from the airline you are traveling with or when you arrive in Mexico, but iVisa gives you the opportunity to apply for the tourist card online before departure. You can have it in just 30 minutes.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Latvia – requirements
You will be happy to learn that the list of requirements for a Mexico tourist card is pretty short, and the items on it are easy to get your hands on. Plus, you may already have some of them. With that being said, here is what you need:
- Passport – you cannot apply for a Mexico tourist card unless you have a valid passport. Plus, according to Mexico’s visa policy, the travel document has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from your arrival.
- Airplane ticket – you only need to meet this requirement if you make the trip by air. iVisa is interested mostly in the flight number. If you travel by car, you do not need another document that attests your arrival.
- E-mail address – when you apply online for your tourist card, you will receive the document via e-mail in PDF format. It would be best if you printed it out before you leave. Also, just in case you lose your FMM card, or it gets stolen, we recommend that you write down the document’s number.
- Means of payment – when you apply online, you need to be able to make the payment online as well. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Latvia – the online application form
After you put together the requirements, you are free to fill in the application form. Typically, it takes applicants about 20 minutes to finish the job, but if you are experiencing difficulties, do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer support. The service is available day and night, and it does not charge.
You will have to go through three steps. The first one asks for your personal information, but you need to choose a processing time for your application and disclose your means of travel as well. Both factors have an influence on how much you will be charged for your Mexico tourist card. As far as the processing is concerned, you have the following options:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the cheapest. You receive your Mexico tourist card in 24 hours, and you are charged $20.
- Rush processing – the in-between option delivers your tourist card in 6 hours. Obviously, this option is more expensive. You must pay $40.
- Super Rush processing – this time, your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you will be charged $60. When it comes to means of travel, know that when you travel by car, the cost of your Mexico tourist card will be an additional $29. As a result, you will be charged $49, $69, and $89 respectively for each processing time.
After you are done with the first step, you can move on to the second. This time, all you have to do is handle the payment and review your form so that it does not include any mistakes. Even an error as simple as a typo can invalidate your tourist card.
The third and final step comes with a set of instructions on how to upload the documentation that supports your request. You can submit your application after you do everything you are supposed to. iVisa will take it from there.
What is important to know is that iVisa facilitates the process of getting a Mexico tourist card so that you do not make too much of an effort. The card is valid for 180 days since your arrival in Mexico, and it covers a single entry.