According to Mexico’s visa policy, 67 nationalities are exempt from getting a visa when traveling to Mexico for tourism purposes. The citizens of Singapore are among them. However, even if you do not need a visa, you still have to purchase a Mexico tourist card, otherwise known as a Forma Migratoria Multiple. You can get it on the plane or on arrival, but with iVisa, you can apply for a card online before departure, and you can acquire it in just 30 minutes.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Singapore – the requirements
The first thing you have to do before you start the application process is to check if you have everything necessary. But, as you will see, the list of requirements is short. You will need the following:
- Valid passport – you cannot obtain a Forma Migratoria Multiple unless you hold a passport. Plus, the visa policy of Mexico requires that the passport should be valid for at least another 6 months from your date of arrival in Mexico.
- Flight ticket – remember that this requirement applies only to tourists who decide to travel by air. The flight number is what matters. People who travel by car do not need a substitute document.
- E-mail address – as you can imagine, when you apply online for your tourist card, the document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You must remember to print it out before departure. We recommend more than one physical copy. Also, just in case your FMM gets lost or stolen, make sure to have the FMM number written down somewhere.
- Means of payment – when you apply online, the payment must be made online too. As to that, iVisa is pretty flexible. You can pay using a credit or a debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also acceptable.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Singapore – the online application form
After you take care of the requirements, there is one thing left for you to do, and that is to fill in the application form. Keep in mind that iVisa provides non-stop customer support in case you need some help or have some questions about the process.
The form you have to complete should not take you more than 20 minutes. It consists of three easy steps. The first one asks you to insert your personal information, but you also have to pick a processing time for your application and a means of travel, both of which will have an influence on the cost of your Mexico tourist card. Regarding the processing, your options are as follows:
- Standard processing – this is the most commonly chosen option because it is the cheapest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and you are charged only $20.
- Rush processing – if you wish for faster processing, you can select this one. It takes 6 hours for your Mexico tourist card to arrive, and the fee is $40.
- Super Rush processing – this time, your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but the fee gets a bit higher. You will be charged $60.
Remember that when you travel by car, the price of your Mexico tourist card differs. You will spend an additional $29 for each processing time.
Step two expects you to make the payment and review your form. It is crucial that the information you submit is not inaccurate. Otherwise, the tourist card will be invalid. And finally, step number three wants you to upload a few documents. After you do everything that you have to do, you can submit your application, and iVisa will handle everything that follows.
As you can see, the online process of obtaining a Mexico tourist card is better than the alternatives. The document you get is valid for 6 months since the date of your arrival in Mexico, and it can be used only for a single entry.