The citizens of South Korea are among the few nationalities that are exempt from getting a visa when traveling to Mexico for tourism purposes. Even so, you need to acquire a Mexico tourist Card. Known as a Forma Migratoria Multiple, the document can be obtained from the airline you are traveling with or on arrival. However, iVisa gives you another option, and that is to apply online before departure.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of South Korea – the requirements
The first thing you need to do is to check if you have everything necessary for a successful application process. That should not be very difficult because you do not need much. Only the following:
- Passport – you cannot apply for a Mexico tourist card unless you have a valid passport. Plus, according to Mexico’s visa policy, the travel document has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from your arrival.
- Airplane ticket – you only need to meet this requirement if you make the trip by air. iVisa is interested mostly in the flight number. If you travel by car, you do not need another document that attests your arrival.
- E-mail address – when you apply online for your tourist card, you will receive the document via e-mail in PDF format. It would be best if you printed it out before you leave. Also, just in case you lose your FMM card, or it gets stolen, we recommend that you write down the document’s number.
- Means of payment – when you apply online, you need to be able to make the payment online as well. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of South Korea – the online application form
Right after you gather all of the above, you can go ahead and fill in the application form. It usually takes people about 20 minutes to complete the task, but remember that if you need help, iVisa provides customer support 24/7. The service is free of charge.
You will notice that you must go through three steps. During the first one, you need to insert your personal information, select a processing time, and disclose your means of travel. As for processing, you are given three options, and the one you choose determines the cost of your Mexico tourist card. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the cheapest. You receive your Mexico tourist card in 24 hours, and you are charged $20.
- Rush processing – the in-between option delivers your tourist card in 6 hours. Obviously, this option is more expensive. You must pay $40.
- Super Rush processing – this time, your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you will be charged $60.
As far as the means of travel is concerned, you should know that when you travel by car, the cost of your Mexico tourist card will be an additional $29. As a result, you will be charged $49, $69, and $89 respectively for each processing time.
Reaching the second step, you need to handle the payment and review your form so that it does not contain mistakes, while the third wants you to upload a few necessary documents that support your application. You can submit your request once you complete all three steps, and iVisa handles the rest.
What you need to remember from all this is that iVisa facilitates the process of getting a Mexico tourist card so that you do not make too much of an effort. The document you are sent is valid for 180 days since you arrive in Mexico, and you can use it for a single entry.