Like all the other nationalities from the European Union countries, the citizens of the Netherlands are not required to obtain a visa before traveling to Mexico for tourism purposes. Even so, you still need to get a Mexico tourist card, which is also called a Forma Migratoria Multiple. You can fill in an application on the plane, or you can get the card on arrival. However, iVisa gives you the opportunity to apply for the document online before your departure. It can be approved in as little as 30 minutes.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of the Netherlands – requirements
You will be pleased to learn that the requirements for a Mexico tourist card are easy to acquire, and you may already have them at your disposal. Here is what you need for the online application process:
- Passport – you cannot apply for a Mexico tourist card unless you have a valid passport. Plus, according to Mexico’s visa policy, the travel document has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from your arrival.
- Airplane ticket – you only need to meet this requirement if you make the trip by air. iVisa is interested mostly in the flight number. If you travel by car, you do not need another document that attests your arrival.
- E-mail address – when you apply online for your tourist card, you will receive the document via e-mail in PDF format. It would be best if you printed it out before you leave. Also, just in case you lose your FMM card, or it gets stolen, we recommend that you write down the document’s number.
- Means of payment – when you apply online, you need to be able to make the payment online as well. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of the Netherlands – the online application form
After you gather everything that is required of you, you are free to fill in the application form. You should be done with it in approximately 20 minutes but remember that iVisa provides customer support non-stop at no charge if you need some assistance.
You will have to go through three simple steps. The first one focuses on general information. Keep in mind that the cost of your [Mexico tourist card] depends on the processing time you select for your application and your means of travel. When it comes to processing, iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the cheapest. You receive your Mexico tourist card in 24 hours, and you are charged $20.
- Rush processing – the in-between option delivers your tourist card in 6 hours. Obviously, this option is more expensive. You must pay $40.
- Super Rush processing – this time, your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you will be charged $60.
As to the means of travel, bear in mind that when you travel by car, the price of your Mexico tourist card will be an extra $29. Consequently, you will be charged $49, $69, and $89 respectively for each processing timeframe.
The second step consists of payment and revision, while the third requires you to upload a few documents that support your application. You can click on the submit button once all three steps are complete, and iVisa will handle the bureaucracy that follows. You do not have to lift another finger.
The bottom line is that the citizens of the Netherlands have easy access to a Mexico Tourist card. iVisa makes sure of that. The document you receive can be used just for one entry, and it has a validity period of 180 days since arrival.