Mexico’s visa policy allows the citizens of 67 states to travel to Mexico without a visa if the trip is for tourism purposes. The citizens of the United Araba Emirates are among them, which means that you are visa exempt. Nevertheless, you are still required to purchase a Mexico tourist card. You can do that on the plane on your way to Mexico or on arrival, but iVisa gives you the opportunity to obtain the document online before departure in just 30 minutes.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of the United Arab Emirates – requirements
First thing first, you need to check if you have everything necessary for the online application process. You should not experience any difficulties in putting all the requirements together because the list is short. Here is what you need:
- Valid passport – you cannot get a Forma Migratoria Multiple unless you hold a passport. Plus, the visa policy of Mexico requires that the passport should be valid for at least another 6 months from your date of arrival in Mexico.
- Flight ticket – remember that this requirement applies only to tourists who decide to travel by air. The flight number is what matters. People who travel by car do not need a substitute document.
- E-mail address – as you can imagine, when you apply online for your tourist card, the document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You must remember to print it out before departure. We recommend more than one physical copy. Also, just in case your FMM gets lost or stolen, make sure to have the FMM number written down somewhere.
- Means of payment – when you apply online, the payment must be made online too. As to that, iVisa is pretty flexible. You can pay using a credit or a debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also acceptable.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of the United Arab Emirates – the online form
As soon as you have all that you need at hand, you can go ahead and fill in the application form. It should not take you more than 20 minutes, but if you need assistance, do not hesitate to reach iVisa’s customer support. It is available 24/7 and free of charge. You will notice that iVisa will have you go through three steps.
During the first one, you must insert your personal information. You also have to choose a means of transport and a processing time for your application, both of which will determine the cost of your Mexico tourist card. Regarding the processing time, here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – this is the most commonly preferred option because it is the cheapest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and you are charged only $20.
- Rush processing – if you wish for faster processing, you can select this one. It takes 6 hours for your Mexico tourist card to arrive, and the fee is $40.
- Super Rush processing – this time, your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but the fee gets a bit higher. You will be charged $60.
When you travel by car, the cost of your Mexico tourist card differs. You will be charged an additional $29 for each processing time.
Moving on to the second step, you must handle the payment and review your form so that it does not contain any errors. Even a simple mistake as a typo can render your tourist card invalid.
And finally, the third step wants you to upload the documents that support your application. As soon as you are done, you can hit the submit button, and iVisa will take care of the rest.
What you must remember is that the citizens of the United Arab Emirates have easy access to a Mexico tourist card. The document in question is valid for 180 days since arrival, and it can be used only for a single entry.