Do you want to obtain a Barbados passport? The application process is not challenging, but you must meet a few requirements. When you submit your application, along with the required documents, you must also provide 2 passport photos. You can go to a photo studio and have them done by a professional if you want. However, you can take your own photo, and iVisa Photos will help you with that.
Furthermore, since you want a passport, surely you want to travel abroad in the future. our website can be your go-to website to get your visa if necessary. In case you are eligible for an electronic visa, iVisa can facilitate the online application process so that you do not make too much of an effort.
Here is a list of the Barbados passport photo requirements:
- Size: 50 mm in height and 50 mm in width. Your face should take up 30 to 34 mm of the photo’s height
- The picture has to be in color and printed on photo-quality paper
- Head size and position: your head must not be at an angle, and you cannot take a portrait-style photo
- Recency: as recent as possible but not older than 6 months. It has to reflect your current appearance
- Background: white
- Smile: no. Only neutral facial expressions are acceptable
- Eyes: must be clearly visible
- Your ears should be in the shot
- Blurred photos will be rejected
- Glasses: only if absolutely necessary and they do not alter your look
- Headgear: not accepted unless you cover your head for religious purposes
- Dimensions and size (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Attire, clothing, dress code: must be in contrast with the background
- Beard: only if you usually have one
- Quantity needed in application: 2
Barbados Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
While we already provided a list of the Barbados passport photo requirements, we feel that more details are required. After all, an inadequate passport photo is one of the most common causes for which applications are rejected, and we want you to avoid that. Just make sure that you follow the guidelines mentioned below, and your passport photo should be adequate.
- When choosing the background for your passport photo, make sure to place yourself against a white wall. If you do not have one, you can place a white sheet on the wall. Colors and patterns should not appear in the picture, and neither should shadows.
- The position of your head is very important in a passport photo. You have to keep it perpendicular to the camera so that both sides of your head are clearly visible. Tilting or rotating your head it is not allowed. You cannot take the picture from one side since portrait-style photos will be rejected. Make sure that the camera is at the same level as your head.
- Lighting is yet another factor that can determine the viability of your passport photo. You have to choose a source of light that is neither too bright nor too dark. It must come from in front of you. Make sure that it does not create reflections or shadows on your face. That can alter some of your facial features.
- You are not allowed to smile, frown, raise your brows, or squint when you take your passport photo. A relaxed face is the most appropriate.
- When you have your picture taken, make sure to look straight at the camera. Your eyes must be perfectly visible. In case you wear glasses, you can keep them only as long as the frames do not cover your face too much. Glare is to be avoided. Glasses with tinted lenses and sunglasses are not permitted.
- Headwear is allowed only for religious purposes. However, even then, you must ensure that your face is visible from the bottom of your chin to the top of your forehead.
- A beard is accepted only if it represents your everyday look.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
As you may very well know, children of all ages need to have their own passport and visa when traveling. The passport photo for a child is not very different from the picture for an adult. However, there are a few specifications. The tips below should help with the process of taking a picture of a child.
- Many parents opt for the car seat method when photographing their children. If you want to do the same, place a white sheet on the backrest. If you place your baby on the ground to take the photo from above, put a white sheet under him/her.
- Take the picture when the baby is awake.
- If you are the one holding the baby, your hands cannot appear in the passport photo. Only the child can be in the photo.
- The child cannot have headwear. If it is a baby who has a pacifier, remove it before taking the photo.
Getting your passport photos can sometimes be expensive, which is why you will appreciate the prices offered by iVisa Photos. You will not find lower prices anywhere. The Barbados passport application requires 2 photos, and with iVisa Photos, you can obtain them for only 11.98 BBD. Keep in mind that the prices may be a bit different the day you make the purchase due to currency conversion rates.
How to get Barbados Passport Photos or Barbados Visa Photos Online?
If you decide to take your passport photo at home with iVisa Photos, here is what you have to do. Using a camera from your smartphone or tablet, take your picture. Just make sure to follow the rules we stated earlier. The good news is that iVisa Photos allows you to take your picture as many times as you need. That way, you will manage to get one that you love. Once you do that, you can either download it or we can send the entire ordered set to your home. It cannot get any easier than that.
In case you have questions or concerns, iVisa Photos’ customer support service is more than happy to be of assistance.
Example of a correct photo