Omani citizens who want to travel abroad must first get a passport. If you already have an Oman passport, check its expiry date to make sure that it is valid for longer than 6 months before you travel. But if you do not, iVisa Photos can help you get the pictures you need to submit at the issuing authority along with all the other required documentation. That way, you can avoid an additional trip to a professional photo studio.
International travel may also include the need for a visa. If that is the case, then perhaps our website can help you. Depending on where you want to go, you may qualify for an electronic visa, in which case iVisa provides a fast and short online application process.
The general Oman passport photo requirements are as follows:
- Required photo size: 4.5 cm in height and 3.5 cm in width
- The photo must be in color
- Head position: keep your head straight
- Must not be older than 6 months
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: clearly visible
- Do not submit a blurry passport photo
- Glasses: acceptable in certain circumstances
- Headwear: not allowed. Exceptions are made for religious purposes
- Resolution (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Dress code: clothes must be in contrast with the background. Do not wear a white shirt
- Beard: permitted if it represents your everyday appearance
- Number of photos necessary: 3
Oman Passport Photo Size Requirements Guide
Oman Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
Please note that if you do not take an adequate passport photo, it will be rejected. That is why you should carefully read all the rules and guidelines below. Please follow them in the process of taking your passport photo or visa photo.
- First, you must choose the proper environment in which you must take your picture. You should take your photo against a white wall. Make sure that the wall does not have patterns or shadows. If you do not have a white wall at hand, take a white sheet that is not see-through, and hang it on a wall. The result is pretty much the same.
- The light must not be too intense or too dim. You should also make sure that the source of the lighting is right in front of you when you take your passport photo or visa photo. That way, you will not end up with shadows on your face.
- When getting ready to take your picture, keep your head straight and your face forward. Do not tilt your head. You cannot rotate it either. Portrait-style photos are always rejected.
- The only facial expression you can display in your passport photo or visa photo is neutral. You cannot smile, frown, or raise your brows. Relax your face when you snap the picture.
- Your eyes must be clearly visible. Nothing can obscure them. If the frames of your glasses are too large, you must take them off. If you can keep them on (i.e., clear frames), check the picture for glare. Sunglasses and eyeglasses that have tinted lenses are not permitted in a passport photo or visa photo.
- As a rule, headwear is not allowed in a passport photo or visa photo. But all rules have exceptions. In this case, if you are bound by your religious beliefs to cover your head at all times, you can keep your headwear for the picture. Just make sure that your face can be seen from the bottom of your chin to the top of your forehead. The headwear must not create shadows on your face.
- Does your beard represent your everyday appearance? If the answer is yes, then you are not required to shave it before taking your passport photo or visa photo.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
Did you know that children cannot travel unless they hold their individual travel documents? They need passports and visas too when they travel with you. With iVisa Photos, you can take their pictures also, and the tips below should be of help.
- You have to take the passport photo of your child when he/she is awake so that the eyes are visible.
- If you wish, you can put the baby in a car seat for the photo session. Just make sure to cover the backrest with a white layer.
- Some people take the picture from above while the baby is on his/her back. If you want to do this, place the child on a white sheet to ensure a white background.
- Only the baby can appear in the shot. Even if you decide to hold him/her, no part of you can be visible. Not even your hands.
- You are required to remove the baby’s headwear and pacifier before taking the passport photo or visa photo.
Price and Cost
When you go to a professional photo studio to have your picture taken for your passport, you will end up spending quite a lot. But that is not the case with iVisa Photos. An Oman passport requires 3 passport photos, and iVisa Photos can give you a set of 4 at a low price of $8.99. That is about 3.45 OMR.
How to get Oman Passport Photos or Oman Visa Photos Online
If you carefully read the information below, you are ready to use the services provided by iVisa Photos. All you need is a camera with a proper resolution. Most people use their phones or tablets.
Using the camera, you have to take your picture. Just remember to consider all the rules and guidelines above. You must follow each and every single one of them. Otherwise, your photo will be no good. As soon as you have a picture you are pleased with, submit it to iVisa Photos to process it so that you end up with government-compliant passport photos.
You can do that via e-mail or directly on our website. After we process it, you will be provided with two options. One, you can download the image so that you can print the photos at home. And two, you can give us your address, and we will send the photos to you. It could not be any simpler.
Do you have any questions? If so, you can contact iVisa Photos’ customer support service.