Get Travel Insurance for Sri Lanka Online Now!
Learn More: Travel Insurance
This content was updated in September 2022
Sri Lanka is an exotic island located in the Indian Ocean. This small nation has much to offer international tourists, such as its tea and spice gardens, wonderful tropical flora and fauna, history and culture full of Hindu, Buddhist, and European influences, and tourist attractions such as Buddhist temples and monasteries.
If you are one of the people who wish to visit this country, you should know that apart from getting travel documents such as visas, it is also recommended to purchase travel insurance for visitors.
Therefore, international tourists visiting Sri Lanka should ensure adequate travel insurance for Sri Lanka while in the country. At iVisa, we offer this travel insurance for Sri Lanka so that you can arrange it from the comfort of your own home.
You will likely need more than one document to travel to Sri Lanka. If you have any other questions, you can also contact our experts. They will give you the best travel recommendations.
Get Your Travel Insurance for Sri Lanka Online Now!
What is Sri Lanka Travel Insurance?
Travel insurance is a valuable investment that provides peace of mind while traveling in any country. But before choosing an option, it is essential to know what it covers so that you are not surprised in case of an emergency during your trip.
Typical travel insurance benefits include coverage for trip cancellation, trip interruption, emergency medical assistance, emergency medical transportation, lost or damaged luggage, baggage delay, travel delays, and more. In addition, you can contact any of our experts and opt for our Sri Lanka Travel Insurance.
This document does not replace the tourist visa you might need to enter the country.
What is covered by the travel insurance?
Most immigrant medical insurance coverage includes the following situations:
Trip Cancellation insurance: The insurance allows you to reimburse prepaid and non-refundable expenses if your trip is canceled for a reason covered by Sri Lanka insurance. Eligible reasons are usually a medical injury, hospitalization of a non-traveling family member, an unforeseen natural disaster at the destination or country of origin, and finally, a legal obligation.
Trip Interruption: If you must return home in the middle of your trip due to an unforeseen covered event, trip interruption coverage reimburses you for the unused portion of your trip. Besides, it includes the expense of returning home on short notice.
Travel Medical insurance: The insurance provides coverage for medical and dental emergencies during the trip. This comprises medical expenses, medical care, medical emergencies, medical services, and medical treatment according to the policy.
Emergency medical transportation: If you have a covered illness or injury, the nearest medical facility may not have what you need for care. The emergency medical transportation benefit provides necessary transportation to the nearest hospital if you require medical evacuation. It might not include overseas medical costs.
Lost or damaged baggage: If your luggage is lost, damaged, or stolen during your trip, the insurance will reimburse the cost of replacing the items in the suitcase.
Delayed baggage: Travelers whose baggage is delayed for a certain number of hours will be reimbursed for the purchase of necessities.
Travel delay: Insurance may reimburse additional travel expenses when your trip is delayed for a covered reason. The minimum length of delay for compensation to take effect is stated in the policy.
To know more about the policy and coverage, you can always contact our experts to help you with this information. Don't get fooled by other cheap travel insurance; iVisa offers the best.
How long is the Sri Lanka Travel Insurance valid for?
Sri Lanka travel insurance is a 30-day travel document that can only be used for a Single Entry. This means that if you must leave the country to return for any reason, you will need to purchase new travel insurance.
Travel requirements and required documents for the Sri Lanka Travel Insurance?
For you to apply for Sri Lanka Travel Insurance, you need to have these documents:
- Passport Validity: You must present your passport information for insurance. The data in your passport must always match your insurance and other travel documents.
- Additional information: It is important to have the travel date and hotel information, so the insurance company can have all the correct details if needed.
- Email: An email address is required so iVisa can contact you to check your travel document.
- Method of payment: You can pay for the process with a debit/credit card.
Do I need the Sri Lanka Travel Insurance to transit through Sri Lanka?
No! Insurance is only required if you are going to enter the country. However, it is vital to have insurance for the country's destination or have at least international insurance for any inconvenience.
How do I apply for the Sri Lanka Travel Insurance Renewal?
As with all the documents on our website, the process consists of 3 simple steps that allow you to plan your trip with peace of mind. This process should not take you long. You only must do the following:
- First: Fill out the iVisa form with your general and travel information. In this step, you will also have to choose the type of processing.
- Second: Verify the validity of your data, and then you must make the payment. If your data is incorrect, you may have a problem with the processing.
- Third: The last step is to upload the required documents to process the insurance. Don't forget that iVisa has a group of experts who will advise you on any doubts you may have.
You will receive a confirmation email at the email address you have entered. If you do not find it in your inbox, it may be in SPAM.
What are the costs and processing times of the Sri Lanka Travel Insurance?
There are three processing alternatives, each varying in processing time and price. They are as follows:
- Standard Processing Time: USD $61.99 – 24 hours.
- Rush Processing Time: USD $103.99 – 8 hours.
- Super Rush Processing Time: USD $153.99 – 4 hours.
Do minors need Sri Lanka Travel Insurance to enter the country?
No, it's not necessary. However, Sri Lanka Tourism recommends that visitors travel with their own Health Insurance that also covers Covid.
COVID-19 requirements or restrictions
Do I need to take a COVID-19 test before traveling to Sri Lanka?
Fully vaccinated travelers presenting a valid certificate of complete COVID-19 vaccination are exempt from COVID-19 testing requirements upon entry. However, the final dose must have been administered at least 14 days prior to departure.
Alternatively, unvaccinated travelers aged 12 and over must present negative PCR testing performed within 72 hours prior to travel. On the other hand, a negative rapid antigen test, taken within 48 hours prior to travel, is also acceptable.
Finally, those who have recently recovered from COVID-19 may submit proof of having recovered at least seven days and no more than six months prior to arrival, as well as having received at least one dose of an approved vaccine.
Travel documents must be in English or accompanied by a certified translation.
Do I need a COVID-19 vaccine or vaccination certificate to visit Sri Lanka?
According to local laws, travelers presenting a valid certificate of full COVID-19 vaccination are exempt from submitting negative PCR or antigen tests.
World Health Organization (WHO) approved vaccines must have been administered, and the document must be in English or with a certified translation.
Do I need to quarantine when I get to Sri Lanka?
According to local authorities, foreign tourists do not have to undergo quarantine to enter Sri Lanka.
What else should I know about Sri Lanka?
The climate in Sri Lanka is tropical and hot. This means the temperatures are pleasant throughout the year, with an average of 27° C. In Sri Lanka, only two seasons are distinguished, dry and rainy, determined by the monsoons.
Sri Lanka has two monsoons. One that takes place on the west coast from December to March and one on the east coast, which arrives in May and lasts until September. Keep in mind this information when you are planning your trip.
From December to March, the weather is drier and therefore the most crowded in the country and the ones with the highest prices. But don't forget the monsoons on the west coast.
On the other hand, the weather is usually good all over the country during April, September, and November. Although it may rain in some areas, prices are better during this period.
If you are traveling in the high season, it is highly recommended to book flights, accommodation, and transportation in advance to have more options. This travel advice is the most effective way to save money and enjoy the trip.
Another important fact is that the currency of Sri Lanka is the Sri Lankan Rupee. Although initially, you may think that the best option to carry local currency is to change at the airport, it is better to pay for everything with a credit card or change in the same city. If you don't know where to go and change money, seek local advice.
Where can I contact you?
If you have questions about the services iVisa offers, please get in touch with our customer service team or write at [email protected]. They will help you with any questions. Our experts are available 24 hours a day to assist you.
Required Documents to Apply
The Sri Lanka Travel Insurance is only valid for a Single Entry.
The travel insurance for Sri Lanka is valid for 30 days after arrival.
Fully vaccinated travelers are exempted from the pre-departure testing requirements. Unvaccinated travelers need a negative PCR or antigen test result.
The Sri Lanka Travel Insurance is part of the required documents you will need to enter Sri Lanka, it DOES NOT replace a visa. If your country requires a visa, the immigration officers will ask for your visa when you enter Sri Lanka.
iVisa is a legitimate company, accredited and recognized by the International Air Transport Association (IATA). For more information, see the FAQs below.
Was this page helpful?
Our customers have great stories about us
What does the Sri Lanka Travel Insurance cover?
How long is the Sri Lanka Travel Insurance valid for?
Yellow fever vaccination requirements to travel to Sri Lanka
A yellow fever vaccine is required if traveling from a country with risk of yellow fever transmission.
For more information, click here
Is iVisa.com a legitimate company?
Our Company is accredited and recognized by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and has a validated IATA Agency Code. If you want to check this information you can verify our membership using our bearing No. 23716873 at http://store.iata.org/ieccacfree.
Remember that the customer service team at iVisa.com is here 24/7 to answer any questions you may have about our service.
Where can I read more?
- Sri Lanka Vaccination Requirement: Do I need a vaccine to travel to Sri Lanka?
- Things to do in Sri Lanka: what should I not miss in Sri Lanka?
- TOP cities to visit in Sri Lanka and amazing things to do there
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Ukraine
- Sri Lanka visa for Egyptian
- What is the Sri Lanka ETA?
- SRI LANKA e-VISA FOR UK CITIZENS
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF SOUTH AFRICA
- Sri Lanka visa processing time
- Sri Lanka Visa Extension for Foreigners
- SRI LANKA EVISA FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Sri Lanka visa on arrival for Indian passport holders
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR U.S. CITIZENS
- Sri Lanka visa requirements for Australian citizens
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF THE PHILIPPINES
- Sri Lanka transit visa for Indian citizens
- Sri Lanka Visa for Indians - Ultimate Tourist Visa Guide
- SRI LANKA TRANSIT VISA REQUIREMENTS
- How Citizens of Germany Can Enter Sri Lanka During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of India Can Enter Sri Lanka During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of China Can Enter Sri Lanka During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of Russia Can Enter Sri Lanka During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of the United Kingdom Can Enter Sri Lanka During Coronavirus
- Sri Lanka COVID entry requirements
- Sri Lanka COVID rules for tourists
- Sri Lanka COVID entry restrictions
- SRI LANKA 14 DAY QUARANTINE REQUIREMENT
- How can I get the Sri Lanka 14 day quarantine requirement?
- Sri Lanka Tourist ETA error
- Sri Lanka Visa for Chinese citizens
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR MALIAN
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Georgia
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Turkey
- Sri Lanka visa for the citizens of Lebanon
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Indonesia
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Denmark
- Is there a Sri Lanka transit visa on arrival?
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Croatia
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Finland
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Spain
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Austria
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR IVORIANS
- Can I get a Sri Lanka transit visa at Colombo Airport?
- Sri Lanka Tourist and Business visa fees for Indian citizens
- Sri Lanka visa for Indian citizens
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR SYRIANS
- Sri Lanka transit visa for Pakistani citizens
- How to apply for a Sri Lanka transit visa online
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF PAKISTAN
- SRI LANKA VISAS FOR NEW ZEALAND CITIZENS
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Colombia
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR RUSSIAN CITIZENS
- SRI LANKA ONLINE VISA FEE
- How to do a Sri Lanka visa check
- CAN I GET A SRI LANKA VISA IN DUBAI?
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR PORTUGUESE CITIZENS
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR FRENCH CITIZENS
- Sri Lanka visa for Malaysian citizens
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR BISSAU GUINEAN
- Sri Lanka visa for the citizens of Bangladesh
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Qatar
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF JAPAN
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Canada
- Sri Lanka Tourist visa fees
- CAN THE CITIZENS OF MALAYSIA GET A TRANSIT VISA FOR SRI LANKA ONLINE?
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR UGANDA CITIZENS
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR SUDANESE
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR KENYANS
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR GUINEAN
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR GABONESE
- Sri Lanka visa for the citizens of Germany
- HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO GET A SRI LANKA VISA?
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR SOUTH KOREAN CITIZENS
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF ISRAEL
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF POLAND
- Sri Lanka Visa for Yemeni citizens
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Bhutan
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Greece
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF HONG KONG
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF ROMANIA
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF MOROCCO
- How to apply for a Sri Lanka visa as a US citizen
- Sri Lanka Business Visa for the citizens of UK
- Sri Lanka visa for the citizens of Ireland
- Sri Lanka visa for the citizens of Kuwait
- Sri Lanka visa for the citizens of New Zealand
- Sri Lanka visa for the citizens of UAE
- Sri Lanka visa for Vietnamese citizens
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR NEPALESE CITIZENS
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Bahamas
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF ITALY
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Sweden
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of the Netherlands
- Sri Lanka visa photo size
- Can I get a multiple entry visa for Sri Lanka?
- Where can I get a Sri Lanka visit visa?
- Sri Lanka visa charges and price
- Sri Lanka visa - apply online for an ETA!
- Is an ETA available only on the Sri Lanka visa official website?
- Information about the Sri Lanka visa process
- How to obtain a Sri Lanka holiday visa
- How to obtain a Sri Lanka Business Visa online
- How to find the best Sri Lanka visa services or agents
- How to apply for a Sri Lanka tourist visa online
- How to apply for a Sri Lanka entry visa online-
- Everything you need to know about the Sri Lanka application form
- Can I get a Sri Lanka visa for business purposes?
- Can I get a Sri Lanka tourist visa online?
- Everything about the future Sri Lanka transit visa application