Get Your Schengen Visa Application for Switzerland Online Now!
Last updated: June 2022
Visiting Switzerland is always a good idea. This country is full of tourist wonders, from beautiful mountains to unique gastronomy. In addition, this country offers great alternatives for every traveler’s need. Currently, Switzerland has a visa requirement for specific foreign nationals, called the Schengen visa for Switzerland.
In order to obtain this visa to enter Switzerland, applicants must meet certain requirements. Simply use the exceptional service of iVisa.com to help you determine if you need this or another type of visa and get assistance with your visa application as soon as it becomes available. We are here to support you and make your trip to Switzerland as smooth as possible.
What is the Switzerland Schengen Visa?
For all nationalities that are not allowed to travel without a visa within the Schengen member countries, this travel document serves as a Swiss visa for short-term stays. The following article will provide you with all the information you need to apply for a Schengen visa for Switzerland.
This is not a residence permit or Swiss citizenship. You might need to contact the Swiss consulate for more information if you need citizenship.
Who is eligible for the Switzerland Schengen Visa?
If you are a European resident or a national of a Schengen country, you have the privilege of visa-free entry into the Schengen Zone. Most other nationalities still have to adhere to all the requirements in order to obtain a Schengen visa to visit Switzerland or another Schengen country.
This travel document is not a Swiss student visa or any of the other immigrant visas available. Those can be obtained by contacting the Swiss embassy.
Find out if your nationality qualifies for the Germany visa requirements by using our Visa Checker widget to learn more about your country's specific eligibility and guidelines.
What is the Schengen Zone?
The Schengen area is made up of 26 European countries that have signed an agreement to eliminate border controls between them. Most EU countries belong to the Schengen area. However, some of them are not members of the EU.
The 26 countries that are part of the Schengen area are: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and the Czech Republic.
If you want to travel to a Schengen country, you will need this travel document.
How long is the Swiss Visa valid for?
There are three entry types for this travel document: single entry, double entry, and multiple entry. Only the Schengen authorities can determine which type a traveler can obtain. For example, to be approved for a multiple-entry visa, you must prove that you already had a single-entry or double-entry visa.
Additionally, there are three different visa categories to choose from, depending on the nationality and type of traveler. You can apply for one year, three years, or five years validity. This means you have "multiple entries" within the chosen period.
The maximum stay in Switzerland for any of the above categories is 90 days within a 180-day period.
Travel requirements and required documents for the Switzerland Schengen Visa
For you to apply for this document, you need to submit the following documents:
- Letter of certification: An invitation letter from a family member or friend living in Switzerland or the Schengen area.
- Passport photos: Two copies of an up-to-date passport photo, meeting specific requirements.
- Passport validity: A copy of your valid passport, with at least six months validity. Your passport must have at least two blank pages and if you have one, attach a copy of your previous/expired visa.
- Flight reservation: You must show the authorities that you have defined a date to enter and leave the Schengen zone.
- Proof of sufficient funds: You must show that you have the means to cover your stay in Switzerland.
- Medical insurance: It is necessary to purchase medical insurance beforehand, to cover any possible medical emergency during your visit to the country.
- Proof of accommodation: Proof of a hotel reservation or the addresses of the places where you will be staying in Switzerland.
- Email: We need an email address to contact you, verify the status of the application process, and send you all the final documents and confirmations.
- Method of payment: You can pay for the visa service fees with a debit or credit card.
Do I need a Swiss visa to transit through Switzerland?
No, if you’re not leaving the airport and won’t enter Swiss territory, you do not need a transit visa or Switzerland Schengen visa.
How do I apply for the Switzerland Schengen Visa?
We know that forms and paperwork can get time-consuming and tedious, that’s why iVisa.com has created a quick process that should take no more than 20 minutes to complete. Once this visa is available, all you have to do is follow these steps:
- Step 1: First, fill out all the necessary information in the application process. Then, select the processing time.
- Step 2: Review your information and verify that everything is correct. If everything is as it should be, proceed to choose the preferred processing time and payment method.
- Step 3: Finally, scan the documents required, click the ‘submit’ button and keep an eye on your inbox for the final document.
Once your visa is approved, it won't take long before you receive a confirmation email. Please check your SPAM folder if you have any issues finding it.
What are the costs and processing times of the Switzerland Schengen Visa application?
Based on the needs of our clients, we offer three processing options, each with a different time frame. These are as follows:
- Standard Processing: This is the standard option that allows you to obtain your document in the most affordable way possible. This is an excellent option if you are not in a hurry to obtain your document.
- Rush Processing: With this alternative, you can get your Swiss Schengen visa very quickly for an extra fee. It is an excellent option if you are in a hurry.
- Super Rush Processing: This is the fastest option and is recommended if you are traveling on short notice and need your travel document quickly.
Do minors need a Switzerland Schengen Visa?
Yes, the Schengen Visa is required for all foreign travelers entering the Schengen zone, regardless of their age. Parents or legal guardians are responsible for completing the visa application on behalf of their child.
COVID-19 requirements or restrictions
It is possible that this information will change as a result of the pandemic. Therefore, it is a good idea to review the country's information a few days before traveling to Switzerland.
Do I need to take a COVID-19 test before traveling to Switzerland?
According to the Swiss authorities, there are currently no COVID-19 testing requirements before or upon arrival in Switzerland.
Do I need a COVID-19 vaccination certificate to enter Switzerland?
No, COVID-19 vaccination certificates are not required to enter the country. Travelers can, however, travel with more confidence when fully vaccinated in order to protect their health and slow the spread of the Coronavirus in the Schengen area.
Do I need to quarantine when I get to Switzerland?
There are currently no quarantine requirements for entering Switzerland.
What else should I keep in mind before traveling to Switzerland?
Here are some extra tips to make your trip to Switzerland extra enjoyable.
Best time to travel to Switzerland
It is always advisable to know the best time to travel to a country, as each season offers a different experience. High season in Switzerland is July-August and December-April. Despite the fact that they're very different periods, both are popular times to travel due to the various activities, especially if you like adventure sports.
It is advisable to book flights, accommodation, and transportation in advance for travel in Switzerland during these periods, as you will have a greater selection and better prices.
Safety in Switzerland
Generally speaking, Switzerland is one of the safest countries in the world. Despite this, as in any other destination, use common sense while traveling, especially in crowded areas, and keep your valuables close or in a safe place at your accommodation.
We recommend purchasing the Swiss Travel Pass, which is a transport pass for unlimited public transport throughout the country. In addition, the Swiss Travel Pass includes free entry to more than 500 museums and tourist attractions in the country and is free for children up to 16 years old.
Where can I contact you?
Please let us know if you have any questions about the Schengen visa for Switzerland or any questions about our services or other products by contacting our customer service team online or by emailing [email protected]. Our experts are available 24/7 to assist you.
- Golden Visa Switzerland: Requirements & how to get one
- Must-see Switzerland tourist attractions
- The top 7 cities and towns in Switzerland and how to get there
- The top 10 things to do in Switzerland
- How Citizens of the United Kingdom Can Enter Switzerland During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of the United States Can Enter Switzerland During Coronavirus
- Covid-19 : exigences de vaccination en Suisse
- Switzerland Covid Antigen Test: Do I really need this test?
- Switzerland digital COVID certificate
- Vaccination Passport Switzerland: Here is What We Know
- Switzerland Vaccination Requirements: Do I need a vaccine to travel to Switzerland?
- How Citizens of China Can Enter Switzerland During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of Germany Can Enter Switzerland During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of France Can Enter Switzerland During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of Italy Can Enter Switzerland During Coronavirus
- Can you ski in Switzerland COVID?
- Who Can Enter Switzerland Covid: A simple Guide
- Switzerland Covid Mask Rules
- Switzerland Coronavirus Quarantine Travel
- Entry Requirements For Switzerland Covid-19
- Switzerland Covid Policy
- Switzerland Schengen Visa: Processing Time
- Switzerland (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of Nigeria
- Switzerland (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of Haiti
- Documents required for Switzerland Schengen Visa
- Switzerland (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of Pakistan
- Switzerland ETIAS for Citizens of Honduras
- Switzerland ETIAS for Citizens of Argentina
- Switzerland (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of India
- Switzerland (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of Russia
- Switzerland (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of China
- Schengen visa invitation letter Switzerland: Info and Tips
- Switzerland Schengen visa validity: Clarifications
- Switzerland Schengen visa Countries: Confirm your Status
- Schengen multiple entry visa Switzerland: Conditions
- Switzerland Schengen Visa fees
- Can I enter: Switzerland Schengen Visa?
- About the Switzerland ETIAS for Citizens of Georgia
- Switzerland ETIAS for Citizens of Costa Rica
- Details about the Switzerland ETIAS for Citizens of Colombia
- Switzerland (Schengen) Visa for Dominican Republic Citizens
- Switzerland ETIAS for Citizens of Timor
- Switzerland ETIAS for Citizens of Taiwan
- Switzerland ETIAS for Citizens of Solomon Islands
- Switzerland ETIAS for Citizens of Seychelles: Application
- Switzerland ETIAS for Citizens of Serbia
- Switzerland ETIAS for Citizens of Samoa: How to access
- Switzerland ETIAS for Citizens of Saint Vincent
- Switzerland ETIAS for Citizens of Saint Lucia: Be Prepared
- Switzerland ETIAS for Citizens of Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Switzerland ETIAS for Citizens of Peru: New Travel Document
- Switzerland ETIAS for Citizens of Palau
- Switzerland ETIAS for Citizens of Nauru
- Does the Switzerland ETIAS have Multiple Entry?
- Switzerland ETIAS Requirements
- GET SWITZERLAND ETIAS FOR THE CITIZENS OF ISRAEL FAST AND EASY
- CHECK REQUIREMENTS FOR SWITZERLAND ETIAS FOR THE CITIZENS OF EL SALVADOR
- Switzerland ETIAS for citizens of Vanuatu: How to obtain it
- Switzerland ETIAS for Citizens of Uruguay: Find out about it
- Switzerland ETIAS for Citizens of Tuvalu
- Switzerland ETIAS for Citizens of Trinidad and Tobago
- Switzerland ETIAS for Citizens of Tonga: know about it
- Switzerland ETIAS for Citizens of New Zealand: Check this out before traveling to EU
- Switzerland ETIAS for Citizens of Mauritius: Get some answers
- Switzerland ETIAS for Citizens of Hong Kong: All you need to know
- Switzerland ETIAS for Citizens of Malaysia: Discovering ETIAS
- Switzerland ETIAS for Citizens of Paraguay
- Switzerland ETIAS for Citizens of Micronesia
- Switzerland ETIAS for Citizens of Marshall Islands
- Switzerland ETIAS for Citizens of Kiribati
- Switzerland ETIAS for Citizens of Grenada
- Switzerland ETIAS for Citizens of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Switzerland ETIAS for Citizens of Bahamas
- Switzerland ETIAS for Citizens of Antigua and Barbuda
- Switzerland ETIAS for Citizens of Panama
- Switzerland ETIAS for Citizens of Macedonia
- Switzerland ETIAS for Citizens of Nicaragua
- Switzerland ETIAS for Citizens of Barbados
- Switzerland ETIAS for Citizens of United Arab Emirates
- Switzerland ETIAS for Citizens of South Korea
- Switzerland ETIAS for Citizens of Singapore
- Switzerland ETIAS for Citizens of Dominica
- Switzerland ETIAS for Citizens of Albania
- Switzerland ETIAS for citizens of Japan: Get first hand information
- HOW TO GET SWITZERLAND ETIAS FOR THE CITIZENS OF MEXICO
- HOW CAN I APPLY FOR SWITZERLAND ETIAS FOR THE CITIZENS OF CHILE?
- LEARN MORE ABOUT SWITZERLAND ETIAS FOR THE CITIZENS OF GUATEMALA
- CHECK REQUIREMENTS FOR SWITZERLAND ETIAS FOR THE CITIZENS OF BRAZIL
- GET YOUR SWITZERLAND ETIAS FOR THE CITIZENS OF AUSTRALIA FAST AND EASY
- LEARN EVERYTHING ABOUT SWITZERLAND ETIAS FOR THE CITIZENS OF UKRAINE
- LEARN MORE ABOUT SWITZERLAND ETIAS FOR THE CITIZENS OF CANADA
- HOW TO GET SWITZERLAND ETIAS FOR THE CITIZENS OF UNITED STATES
- Switzerland ETIAS Validity
- Switzerland ETIAS cost