Learn More: Transit Visa
This content was updated in July 2023
If you are about to make a trip and need to make a stopover in Tanzania, it is essential to know that you need a travel document, the Tanzania Transit eVisa. Usually, you buy tickets with stopovers for promotions or travel opportunities, and there are countries like Tanzania that ask you to present a type of visa to transit.
But don't worry! At iVisa, we provide this document so you can process it efficiently. Please read the following information, get ready to obtain your approved online visa, and enjoy your dream trip.
Get Your Tanzania Transit Visa Online Now!
What is the Tanzania Transit eVisa?
A Tanzanian transit visa is a valid visa that allows you to cross the country from one point of entry to another destination. The purpose of this document is to allow tourists to enter Tanzania to simply pass through without visiting.
This Tanzania visa is issued only to persons with a round-trip ticket, sufficient funds for the trip, and an entry visa for the destination country or other documents to secure travel.
This document is for travelers passing through Tanzania on their way to another destination and who wish to leave the airport for a maximum of 7 days. This is not a tourist visa, a Tanzania referral visa, or a business visa.
Apply for your Tanzania Transit eVisa here and start your journey!
What countries need to apply for the Tanzania Transit eVisa?
Most foreign nationals that need an electronic Tanzania visa will need to apply for the Transit eVisa. These countries are the following:
|Algeria||Hungary||São Tomé and Príncipe|
|American Samoa||India||Saudi Arabia|
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||Liechtenstein||Timor-Leste|
|Burkina Faso||North Macedonia||Turkey|
|Cambodia||Marshall Islands||The United Arab Emirates|
|Cameroon||Martinique||The United Kingdom|
|Canada||Mexico||The United States of America|
|Central African Republic||Monaco||The U.S. Virgin Islands|
|Wallis and Futuna||Morocco|
|Costa Rica||New Caledonia|
|Côte d'Ivoire||New Zealand|
|French Polynesia||The Pitcairn Islands|
|Guinea-Bissau||Saint Pierre and Miquelon|
If you see your country on this list and want to transit through Tanzania, you will need to apply for this type of Visa.
How long is the Tanzania Transit eVisa valid for?
The Tanzania transit visa allows you to easily pass through the international travel zone of the airport and make any stopover in the country for a maximum of one week.
Travel requirements and required documents for the Tanzania Transit eVisa?
For you to apply for the Tanzania Transit eVisa, you need to have these documents:
- Passport Validity: Your passport must be valid for at least six months prior to processing to be approved.
- Digital photo: You must have a passport-size photo, with your face visible, without accessories, and with a white background. It must meet the requirements of a passport photo. With iVisa, you can get your photo here.
- Airline ticket: You need an airline ticket for the intended trip or an entry visa for the final destination. This helps to prove that Tanzania is only a transit destination.
- Visa application letter: This document is required because it details the purpose of your trip.
Do I need a Tanzania Transit eVisa to transit through the country?
Yes! This document is only valid as an electronic transit visa for flights that need to make a stopover or stay for a short time within the country. This is a Single Entry visa.
How do I apply for the Tanzania Transit eVisa Renewal?
Processing your travel document can be overwhelming. However, thanks to iVisa and these three easy steps, you can get your document and have time to plan your trip with peace of mind. This process should not take you more than 20 minutes. All you have to do is follow these steps:
- First: Complete the form with your general and travel information. In this step, you will also have to choose the type of processing you want according to your needs.
- Second: You must make the payment. Don't forget to check that all the information entered is correct so that you don't have any problems with the process.
- Third: The last thing is to upload the required documents. Don't forget that iVisa has a group of experts who will offer you online assistance.
Once the process is completed, you will receive a confirmation email at the email address you entered. If you do not find it in your inbox, it may be in SPAM.
What are the costs and processing times of the Tanzania Transit eVisa?
There are three processing alternatives, each varying in processing time and visa fee. They are as follows:
- Standard Processing Time: USD $122.99 – 10 Business Days.
- Rush Processing Time: USD $200.99 – 7 Business Days.
- Super Rush Processing Time: USD $294.99 – 5 Business Days.
Do minors need a Tanzania Transit eVisa to enter the country?
Yes. All travelers must have their own transit visa to enter the airport or point of entry into the country unless their nationality is exempt from visa requirements. This includes minors under the age of 18 who have their own passports.
Minors listed in their parents' passports may be included on their visas.
COVID-19 requirements or restrictions
- Vaccine requirements: There are no vaccine requirements in Tanzania.
- Test requirements: There are no test requirements in Tanzania.
- Quarantine requirements: There are no quarantine requirements in Tanzania.
Where can I contact you?
If you have questions about the services offered, we recommend that you contact our customer service team or email them at [email protected]. They will help you with any other questions that you have not been able to resolve or if you wish to proceed and do not know how to get started. Our experts are available 24 hours a day to assist you.
Required Documents to Apply
- Applicant's photo
- Passport scan
- Airline confirmation
- Proof of Marriage or Spousal Relationship (if applicable)
- Invitation Letter (if applicable)
To apply for the Tanzania Transit eVisa, just fill out our simplified form.
The Tanzania Transit eVisa is a Single Entry Visa.
With this electronic visa you can only make a stopover at the airport in Tanzania or stay for a very short time.
Please visit the FAQs below to learn more about the Tanzania Transit eVisa.
At iVisa, we do all the paperwork for you and assign you an iVisa Expert who is in charge of reviewing your application to be 100% government compliant and to avoid rejections.
My application couldn’t be completed due to an error. What now?
What can I do if my Tanzania Transit Visa has been canceled or rejected?
If, for any reason, the Government rejects your document application, you are entitled to a full refund of the iVisa processing fee, related to the number of rejected applicants. However, government fees are nonrefundable.
On the other hand, if you have applied for any of our guided entry services, we cannot refund the processing fee if your application is rejected.
To request a refund, please email [email protected] with the registered account's email address. You must include the order number and the reason why you are requesting the refund.
You can also re-apply for the Tanzania Transit Visa depending on the reasons for cancellation or rejection.
My credit card is not working on online payments. What else can I do?
I made a mistake in one of my answers. Can I modify it?
If your visa still needs to be processed, our iVisa experts can make any changes without any problem. We also constantly check that there are no errors in your information.
However, if the application has already been sent to the appropriate government agency, some will allow us to make changes, while others will not. This will depend a lot on the flexibility of the country you are applying to.
If you have any problems during your application, please do not hesitate to contact us immediately, preferably via chat.
I have not received my Completed Application confirmation email. What now?
How do processing times work?
Where can I read more?
- Tanzania eVisa for Israeli citizens
- Tanzania Visa for Citizens of the United States
- TANZANIA VISA FOR RESIDENTS OF EGYPT
- How can citizens of Egypt enter Tanzania during coronavirus?
- Tanzania Tourist eVisa is not working
- Tanzania eVisa from Ireland: how do Irish Citizens can get the visa
- Tanzania eVisa for Citizens of Jordan: all you need to know to apply
- Tanzania eVisa for Citizens of the Philippines
- Tanzania eVisa for Citizens of the UAE: process and requirements
- Tanzania eVisa for Citizens of Iran
- See All