After being suspended for two years during the pandemic, Vietnam relaunched the Vietnam e-visa on March 15, 2022. But how will this affect travelers from Belgium? Here is everything you need to know about the Vietnam visa online application process.
If you’re planning to visit Ho Chi Minh City, explore Hanoi, and enjoy the views of Halong Bay, but the visa application process is holding you back, we can help. This article will cover all the details about how to apply for a Vietnam tourist visa online as Belgium citizens.
You can also use our visa checker tool to verify which visa you qualify for and if you need any other documents.
Do Belgium nationals require a visa to enter Vietnam?
Like travelers from most European countries, Belgium citizens require a visa to visit Vietnam. This includes minors aged 14 and under, as all travelers require their own visas, regardless of age.
Types of Vietnam visas for Belgium citizens
The government of Vietnam offers many visa options for foreign travelers, including tourist and business visas. However, Belgian citizens must apply for the Vietnam eVisa. This is a standard, Single Entry tourist e-visa, valid for 30 days after arrival.
Your local embassy or the Vietnam government website may offer the following options as well:
- Single entry visa valid for a 3-month stay.
- Multiple entry visa valid for a 1-month stay.
- Multiple entry visa valid for a 3-month stay.
We highly recommend Belgian passport holders apply for the single entry one-month online visa option as it is the most convenient, simple, and cost-effective option and can be extended later if you need.
What is a Vietnam eVisa?
The Vietnam eVisa is an electronic visa introduced by the Vietnam Ministry of Foreign Affairs and issued by the Immigration Department to help travelers apply for their Vietnam visa online.
This means they no longer need to visit a Vietnamese embassy which caters to over 80 nationalities, including Belgians who need a Vietnam eVisa to enter the country for tourism or business.
Requirement to qualify for a Vietnam eVisa
Belgian citizens who want to apply for a Vietnam eVisa need to have a passport that:
- Is valid for at least six months from their date of arrival in Vietnam.
- contains at least two blank pages for the Vietnam Immigration Officer at the checkpoint to place a stamp/sticker.
Applying for the Vietnam eVisa
We recommend applying for your Vietnam eVisa a few weeks before you plan to travel.
Application process for a Vietnam eVisa
We also know how daunting the visa application process can be, so iVisa has created a secure, simple online form and reduced the process to just three easy steps:
- Fill out the application form and confirm that all the details are correct.
- Pick the processing time and pay the iVisa service fee.
- Upload any required documents and apply.
Once your application is successfully submitted, we will email you the Vietnam eVisa as a PDF. Please save a copy on your electronic device, print it, and present it to the Vietnam Immigration Officer upon arrival.
Pricing & processing time for the Vietnam eVisa
The iVisa application offers 3 options to decide how fast you want your eVisa to be processed. Therefore, the cost relies on the chosen visa processing time. They are as follows:
- Standard processing takes 11 days and costs USD $81.99.
- Rush processing takes 9 days and costs USD $140.99.
- Super Rush processing takes 7 days and costs USD $192.99.
These prices include the USD 25 government fee on visa applications and the iVisa processing fee.
Vietnam eVisa document requirements for Belgium passport holders
When you apply for your Vietnam visa, you will be required to submit the following supporting documents:
- A passport that meets all the requirements stated earlier in the post.
- Recent passport photo. iVisa offers a helpful passport photo service if you don’t have one.
- Evidence of health insurance or travel insurance offering COVID-19 coverage and a minimum cover of USD 10,000.
- Proof of vaccinations for hepatitis, yellow fever, malaria, etc.
- Credit or debit card to pay the application fee.
- Valid email address to receive your online visa application receipt and approval letter.
COVID-19 regulations for tourists to Vietnam
Once you have your Vietnam visa, it’s time to prepare for your trip. Local authorities suggest checking for updated COVID-19 regulations even though Vietnam is currently fully open to international travelers as the situation may change unexpectedly.
Screening centers and health hotlines
If you have symptoms of COVID-19, are concerned about your health, or suspect you were exposed, it is recommended that you call the Vietnam health hotline on 1900 3228.
Authorities advise incoming international travelers to self-monitor for the first ten days in Vietnam. If you develop COVID-19 symptoms, please seek immediate medical attention.
How can I contact you?
Ready to apply for your Vietnam eVisa but still have some questions? Please read our guide to obtaining a Vietnam eVisa or reach out to our 24-hour customer service team to get the answers.