The Vietnam e-visa was reinstated on March 15, 2022, making the application process much more manageable. Here is everything you need to know about the Vietnam eVisa and how to get one as a Finland citizen.
Finland passport holders who want to take their time exploring the wonders of Ho Chi Minh, Hanoi, or Halong Bay may need to apply for this Vietnam visa.
We know the visa application process can seem daunting, that’s why we’ve created a complete guide about the Vietnam tourist visa and how to obtain it through iVisa.
Do citizens of Finland require a Vietnam visa?
Finnish passport holders do not need a Vietnam visa if their trip is less than 15 days. In that case you receive a visa on arrival for two weeks. If you plan to stay longer than fifteen days then you are required to apply for a tourist visa to enter the country. Finland citizens qualify to apply for a Vietnam eVisa.
All travelers require their own visas, regardless of their age.
Types of Vietnam visas for Finland citizens
There are two types of Vietnam visas available depending on the purpose of your trip. One is a tourist visa and the other is a business visa. iVisa offers Finland residents the standard single entry visa which for tourism purposes, valid for one month.
Contact your local Vietnam embassy to apply for other visa types. Options at the Vietnamese embassy may include:
- Single entry visa valid for a 3-month stay.
- Multiple entry visa valid for a 1-month stay.
- Multiple entry visa valid for a 3-month stay.
We highly recommend that Finnish citizens apply for a visa online as it is the most convenient, simple, and cost-effective application.
Applying for the Vietnam visa online
We recommend applying for your visa on arrival a few weeks before you plan to travel to Vietnam. This is because you must obtain a visa approval letter, which validates you to get a visa stamped into your passport upon arrival at any Vietnam International Airport.
Note: This Vietnam visa may NOT be used when entering Vietnam by sea or land borders.
Online application process for a Vietnam e-visa
We know how daunting visa applications can be, so we’ve simplified the process into three simple steps:
- Step1: Fill out the application form and verify that the details are all correct.
- Step 2: Choose the preferred processing time and pay the iVisa processing fee.
- Step 3: Upload any supporting documents and submit your application.
Our team will take it from there and will email you a receipt and your visa approval letter once it is processed. It is best to save a copy of both on your phone and print out the Vietnam e-visa confirmation letter to present it to the Vietnam immigration department when requested at the airport.
Pricing & processing times for the Vietnam visa
The online application process on iVisa gives you the option to select how fast the visa request is processed. Depending on your choice of processing time, the cost of the application will vary. Your options are:
- Standard processing: Takes 10 days and costs USD $116.99.
- Rush processing: Takes 8 days and costs USD $193.99.
- Super Rush processing: Takes 7 days and costs USD $286.99.
The above prices include both the government fee and the iVisa processing fee.
Vietnam visa requirements for Finland passport holders
Supporting documents and other essentials you will need to apply for your Vietnam visa successfully include:
- A valid passport that does not expire for at least six months from your date of arrival in Vietnam and has at least two blank pages for the visa stamp.
- Recent passport photo, if you don’t have one, use the convenient iVisa photo service.
- Evidence of health insurance or travel insurance with COVID-19 cover and a minimum cover of USD 10,000.
- Credit or debit card for payment of the visa application fees.
- Valid email address to receive your visa receipt and approval letter.
COVID-19 regulations for tourists to Vietnam
While planning, also check the COVID-19 regulations to be fully prepared for your trip. Vietnam is currently completely reopened for international tourism without any COVID-19 restrictions.
Screening centers and health hotlines
If you have COVID-19 symptoms, are concerned about your health, or suspect you were exposed, contact Vietnam’s health hotline on 1900 3228 immediately. You will receive more instructions via phone.
Health authorities also recommend that all travelers self-monitor for the first ten days after arrival and seek immediate medical attention if you start feeling ill.
Where do I get more information?
If you still feel unsure and need more information, you can read our guide to the Vietnam e-visa or reach out to our 24-hour customer service team.