Planning a trip to Australia? One of the first things you need to do is check which type of travel document you need to cross its border. While most nationalities need a tourist visa, some are eligible for an Australia ETA. The latter is easier to obtain since you can apply online. iVisa can help you get one.
In order to find out which one you need, we recommend that you use iVisa’s Visa Checker. It is a feature we developed so that you do not have to go through a country’s visa policy. That is not light reading. What you must do is access the feature then follow the steps. The page displays two drag-down menus. In the one on the left, you need to choose your country of origin. In the menu on the right, you must select Australia as your destination. The result will let you know if you need an ETA or a tourist visa for Australia. If you qualify for the former, we can help you apply online. If we cannot help you with the application process for a tourist visa, we provide a list of the nearest Australian embassies you can go to.
We can help you get an Australia ETA
While we can help you get an Australia eVisitor, we do not provide support for all tourist visa types. However, you can apply for an Australia ETA using iVisa’s services. The first thing you must do is put together some documents and information so that we can get the process started. Here is what you need:
- Valid passport – all applicants must have a valid passport. But that is not enough. The passport needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Australia.
- Means of online payment – since this is an online application process we are talking about, you will be required to make the payment online. For that, you can use a credit or a debit card, but iVisa accepts PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat as well.
- E-mail address – an Australia ETA is electronically linked to your passport, so you do not need to print out the ETA, but we use e-mail as a means of communication, which is why we ask for an address.
The next step is to fill in the application form. That should take you about 15 minutes, and iVisa can help you through its support service. There are two steps you need to complete. Step one asks for your personal information, passport info, and some details regarding your trip. You must also select a processing time, but keep in mind that it affects the cost of your Australia ETA. Here are your options:
- Standard processing time – this is the slowest option iVisa puts at your disposal, but do not think that it takes days for your Australia ETA to be ready. In fact, your application is processed within 1 business day. As far as the fee is concerned, you will be charged $20.
- Rush processing time – if you are looking for something faster, this option may be what you want. Your ETA will be ready within just 2 hours, but you will be charged $50.
- Super Rush processing time – the fastest way to get your Australia ETA is if you opt for this processing time. You will get it in just 30 minutes. Of course, it is more expensive as well. It costs $70.
The second step consists of payment and revision. You must make sure that the information you provided in the first step is accurate and does not contain typos. Corrections cannot be made after your application reaches the processing stage, but we can reissue a new ETA for an additional charge of $5.95 in case you make a mistake. Once you are done with the steps, you can submit your application.
Whether you need an ETA or a tourist visa for a trip to Australia depends on your nationality. We do our best to help you get the travel document you need and if you need an Australia ETA or an eVisitor, we are here to help.