logo logo
en | $ USD

Woo Hoo! We've updated iVisa's brand! Hope you like it as much as we do.

22,750+ Travel Documents processed by iVisa

1.2M happy customers


+42,000 reviews

10 years of experience

98% visa approval rate

Learn More: ETA

Content updated, July 2023

Everything you need to know about Canada ETA: Apply with iVisa

If you are planning a trip to Canada, your first task will be assured you have the right travel documents to enter the country.

You will find everything you need to know about the Canada ETA and entering Canada for tourism purposes below.

Keep reading to find out how to apply for this travel document online using a quick, hassle-free, and completely digital application form.

What is the Canada ETA?

The Canada Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) is a travel document required for visa-exempt visitors to enter Canada.

The Canada ETA is valid for 5 years after the issue date. This means you must enter Canada within this period. In addition, it is a Multiple Entry visa and allows for a maximum stay of 180 days Per Entry.

Apply for your Canada ETA online here!

Who can apply for the Canada ETA?

The ETA document is a requirement only for visa-exempt travelers as we explained previously, but there are some factors that can exempt you from this document, depending on your nationality or other particular situations.

What am I allowed to do with the Canada ETA?

This travel document has many benefits. It allows you to:

  • Visit family and friends.

  • Do tourist activities.

  • Do business activities.

  • Do short studies or training.

PLEASE, NOTE: If you want to study for longer than 6 months or work, you should get a study or work permit before entering Canada.

Benefits of getting your Canada ETA with iVisa

  • Application 100% Government Compliant: Our iVisa team will review each one of the answers you give on the form and adjust them to be 100% compliant with the government requirements.

  • Simplified Form: While on the Embassy website, you will have to answer confusing and tedious questions, at iVisa, you will only have to answer a simplified form with clear questions. It will be like filling out a short survey.

  • Fill out the form at your own pace: With the iVisa platform, you can fill out the form at your own pace, make changes whenever you want, and save your progress, so you do not have to start from scratch, unlike the embassy website which cuts you off from their website every time you take a break.

  • iVisa values your safety: That is why we have a solid security system to protect your personal information. We recommend you go over to our reviews section and read what our past customers have said about our services. We’re sure you’ll find them to your liking.

What documents do I need to apply for the Canada ETA?

To apply for a Canada ETA, you have to give some personal information and some details about your intended stay in Canada. Fortunately, you only need one document to apply:

  • Your valid ordinary passport. It needs to be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada.

Do you havethis document? Apply here!

How can I apply for this travel document online?

The online application process is very easy and fast with iVisa. You’ll just need to follow these three steps, and you’ll be done in less than 10 minutes!

  • Step one: Fill out the visa application form with your personal information. Once you’re done, you can select how fast you want to receive your visa. We have three different speed options.

  • Step two: Double-check that all the information in the visa application form is correct. We want to avoid any issues with your application. All the details need to match your supporting documents. Once you’re sure everything is correct, you can proceed to pay the visa fee with a credit/debit card or PayPal.

  • Step three: Upload all the supporting documents and submit your visa application form. Make sure that the scan is clear and has no smudges. That’s it!

Once you finish the application process, we will send your ETA to your email. Make sure you have both documents ready to display to the immigration officers once you arrive at the airport.

Visit the FAQs below to learn about the COVID-19 requirements for Canada.

Pretty easy right? Apply now!

What is the cost to obtain a Canada ETA?

The Canada ETA government fee costs $5.27 USD. We include this fee in our service price, so you can pay all at once.

How long does it take to process my Canada ETA application?

It depends on the processing time you choose. We offer three options, each will have a different price according to the speed and your nationality:

  • Standard Processing: 24 hours.
  • Rush Processing: 12 hours.
  • Super Rush Processing: 6 hours.

Do I need the Canada ETA to transit through the country?

You will need the Canada ETA to transit if you are from a visa-exempt country that qualifies for this travel document.

You don’t need the Canada ETA to transit if you are entering by train, boat, or cruise.

Do children need to apply for the Canada ETA?

Yes, children also need to apply for the Canada ETA.

Where can I learn more?

You can always reach out to our outstanding customer support team. They are available every day of the year, to answer any questions you might have about this or any other travel documents. They are incredibly helpful and experts in processing Digital Nomad Visas.

Required Documents to Apply

  • Your passport. It needs to be valid for the duration of your trip.

Important Instructions

  • The Canada ETA is a requirement for visa-exempt travelers who will arrive in Canada exclusively by air.

  • The Canada ETA is valid for 5 years and you can enter the country multiple times.

  • With the Canada ETA you can stay for a maximum of 180 days per visit.

  • You can visit friends and family, do tourist and business activities, or travel for educational purposes.

  • You can’t work with the Canada ETA.

  • You must have a passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of your arrival in Canada.

  • Use our Visa Checker Tool if you want to know if you need this document to visit Canada.

  • Children need to apply for this travel document.

  • You need this document to transit through a Canadian airport if you are a visa-exempt visitor that qualifies for this travel document.

  • You will need to bring the passport you used to apply for your ETA, as the ETA is electronically linked to it. If you get a new passport, you need to get a new ETA.

  • It is best to get an ETA before you book your flight to Canada.

  • Once your ETA is approved, check that the passport number included in your ETA approval email matches the number in your passport. If they don’t match, you need to apply for a new ETA.

  • There are no COVID-19 requirements to enter Canada.

  • iVisa is a legitimate company and is accredited and recognized by the International Air Transport Association (IATA). For more information see the FAQs below.


No worries. Contact our customer team as soon as possible. Our visa experts are available 24/7 and will be happy to help you.

iVisa review your documents and assist you during the application process to avoid rejection. But if the Canadian government rejects or cancels your application, you are eligible for a full refund of the iVisa processing fee related to the number of rejected applicants. Otherwise, we do not refund the government fees.

You may consider re-applying for the Canada ETA, depending on the reasons for cancellation or rejection.

You don’t need to apply for a Canada ETA if you have a US Green Card. Since April 26, 2022, lawful permanent residents of the U.S. can enter Canada presenting only a valid passport from their country of nationality and a valid Green Card.
Government agencies do not inform us of the reasons behind the decisions, but certain factors can result in a rejected application. For example, providing a passport number that was reported lost or stolen, having overstayed in Canada on a previous visit, having a previous visa denial, engaging in unauthorized work on a previous trip, and having connections with criminal or terrorist organizations.
No, it’s not because the Canada eTA is electronically linked to the traveler's passport. This travel authorization is valid for up to five years or until the passport expires, whichever comes first. So if you get a new passport, you need to get a new eTA.
No, the Canada eTA is exclusively to enter the country by air.
At iVisa, we understand that your time is valuable, and we strive to provide you with the fastest service possible. Our processing times are estimated based on the average duration it takes governments to process visa applications. These estimated times begin from the moment we receive all the correct information for your application until you receive your visa. While we work diligently to expedite the process, it’s important to note that we are reliant on the processing times set by the government authorities.
  • iVisa is NOT affiliated with any government agency. This site does not provide legal advice and we are not a law firm. None of our customer service representatives are lawyers and they also do not provide legal advice. We are a private, internet-based travel and immigration consultancy provider dedicated to helping individuals travel around the world. You may apply by yourself directly on the various government websites. The source of information: https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html

Stay in touch!

Join our newsletter to receive the best traveling tips

Thanks! Please check your email and confirm you want to join our Newsletter.

© 2014-2024 iVisa.com. All rights reserved. iVisa and iVisa logo are registered trademarks of iVisa.com.

en flag English
Intercom Chat