As a Swiss citizen, if you ever plan to spend your vacation in Kenya, know that you do not have to pay a visit to the nearest Kenyan embassy to get your visa. That is a result of the fact that you are eligible for an electronic visa, meaning that you can apply online for your Kenya visa. iVisa can facilitate the application process, and you can have your document in just 2 hours.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Switzerland – the requirements
You do not have to worry about meeting the requirements because the list is not very long, and chances are that you already have some of the necessary documents and information. Here is what you need for a successful application process:
- Passport – you cannot apply for a Kenya visa unless you are a passport holder. Plus, Kenya’s visa policy dictates that the document has to be valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Kenya.
- A scan of your passport’s bio page – iVisa will require you to upload it during the application process.
- Digital passport photo – keep in mind that the picture needs to be taken recently. There are a few other guidelines the photo has to follow as well.
- Return flight ticket – the purpose of this requirement is to assure immigration officers that you plan to return to your home country before your visa expires.
- Proof of accommodation – this can either be a hotel booking confirmation or a letter of invitation from a friend/family.
- Travel itinerary
- E-mail address – after your application is processed, iVisa will send you the travel document via e-mail in PDF format. Remember to print out at least one physical copy before your departure.
- Means of payment – iVisa is versatile as far as paying for services goes. You can either use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also valid methods of payment.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Switzerland – the online application form
After you manage to get everything you need, you can proceed to the application page. There, you will find the application form you have to fill in. As you can imagine, the task is straightforward, but if you need help, iVisa’s customer support is available non-stop and free of charge.
iVisa created a simple, 3-step application form for your convenience. The first step wants your personal information, but you need to pick a processing time for your application as well. As to that, keep in mind that the sooner you want your Kenya visa, the more you have to pay for it. Here are the options iVisa gives you:
- Standard processing – this is the cheapest option you have at hand. The slowest as well. You receive your Kenya visa within 5 business days, and the fee is $88.
- Rush processing – for faster processing, you can choose this option and have your application processed within 2 business days. You will be charged $118.
- Super Rush processing – in case you need your e-visa as fast as possible, select this option, and your application is processed within just 2 hours. The fee, however, is $153.
During the second step, you need to handle the payment and review your form. Correcting your mistakes is essential if you want your visa to be valid. And finally, the third step requires you to provide iVisa with the documentation that supports your application. You have to upload it. After you do that, you can submit the form, and iVisa will take care of the rest.
Needless to say, the citizens of Switzerland should have an easy time applying for a Kenya visa. iVisa makes sure of that. The e-visa you receive is valid for 90 days since issue, it grants a single entry, and it allows its holder to stay in Kenya for up to 3 months.