Learn More: eVisa
The eVisa Kenya is a mandatory travel document validated by government authorities. Usually, the application process for any natural person can become tedious and complicated. However, if you choose iVisa.com, we will make sure that the process is simple and that you do not have to worry about anything when applying for the visa. As a result, you can travel and enjoy the destination with peace of mind. To visit Kenya, it is essential that you have an electronic visa. Many nationalities around the world must apply for the eVisa Kenya.
The Kenya e-visa has replaced this cumbersome bureaucratic system with long queues at consulates or embassies to process your information and obtain a visa for this country.
And lucky for you, iVisa.com offers the service you need to apply for this Kenyan visa online from the comfort of your home. If you want to travel to Kenya, in this article, we will explain all the necessary information you need to know to apply online for your travel document.
Kenya Visa online - Everything you need to know
At iVisa.com, we make getting your eVisa Kenya as easy as possible. We are offering you a fast checkout service and an approved visa application form to fill out as a foreign traveler and get your visa as quickly as possible.
When you apply with us, our team of experts will take care of the application process for you and make sure that your travel documents are processed quickly and efficiently.
If you are a foreign citizen, you may have questions. Please contact our experts, and they will be happy to help you with questions regarding the visa process.
The Kenya eVisa form - What is it?
The Kenya eVisa is an electronic visa document that allows visitors to enter Kenya without any problem. This is a Single Entry type of visa and is valid for 90 days after issued for tourism. Unfortunately, you can not enter other destinations in Africa with this visa.
The Kenyan visa is a document issued by local authorities in the Republic of Kenya and allows foreign travel around the country for tourism. You can register online to get your travel document. With this document, visitors are eligible to travel to three countries: Kenya, Uganda, and Rwanda.
When you arrive at the port of entry, present your passport and a printed copy of your e-visa. You will also need to present health travel documents required by the destination. This Kenya Visa Online is not the same as the east Africa tourist visa. It only allows you to enter Kenya only. This is not a multiple entry type of visa.
When should I apply for my eVisa Kenya application form?
You can apply for this travel document between 6 Business Days and 2 Business Days before your trip to make sure you have one in time, but it is recommended to do it with a little more time in advance in case there are any problems with the information you provided. In a last minute case you can get your visa with us in as fast as 2 working days.
Remember that this travel authorization is a mandatory requirement imposed by the government of Kenya. Therefore, if you do not have this travel document before your flight, you may be denied entry at the airport and have to return to your country.
How long can I stay in the country?
The Kenya e-Visa is a Single Entry document valid for 90 days after issued Once you pass through immigration control at the port of entry, you may be issued a visa allowing you to stay for up to 90 days in Total. The visa may be renewed for an additional 90 days.
What do I need to apply online for my Kenya eVisa application form?
Depending on your circumstances and the purpose of your visit, there may be additional requirements you need to register online. These are the essential travel documents for the visa application:
A valid passport - Travelers requesting it must have a passport with a minimum of six months from the expected entry date.
Applicant photo - You must upload a government-approved passport photo.
A valid email address - We will send your travel document application approval when we finish the process.
Payment - Credit or debit cards are allowed.
Travel information - Flight information and Travel itinerary.
Proof of Accommodation - The dates in this document must match the travel dates selected in the application.
The Kenya eVisa allows you to enter the country with your travel documents in pdf format. When passing through immigration, you will need to present the printed eVisa or electronic form and show your valid passport, among other requested documents.
How to obtain a Kenya Visa - Apply for Kenya Visa
If you want to enter the Republic of Kenya, you can get a visa online with us before traveling. The 3 steps to this process for your Kenya eVisa are simple:
Step 1 - Complete our online form with your personal and travel information. Within the form, you will also need to answer questions about your health status and COVID-19.
Step 2 - Select a processing time according to your needs. Next, attach the required documents (passport, photo, and travel documents) and confirm the payment with your credit or debit card.
Step 3 - Finally, wait for confirmation of your form to be emailed to you.
To request your document, you can't have incomplete applications. If you make a mistake, you will not be able to request a new form while the current one is being processed, so you must review the information carefully.
Once you have received your confirmation email with your Visa Kenya attached, we recommend that you save a copy of the form on your phone. This will make it easy for you to show it at the airport counter or to a border control agent upon arrival with your passport at your destination.
Who Needs to Apply for the Kenya e Visa?
You can apply with iVisa.com for your Kenya e-Visa if your nationality is for one of the following countries:
- Some of the countries listed are:
|Bhutan||Bosnia and Herzegovina||Brazil||Bulgaria|
|Chad||Central African Republic||Cape Verde||Canada|
|El Salvador||Equatorial Guinea||Estonia||Finland|
|Ukraine||United Arab Emirates||United Kingdom||United States|
|Yemen||Antigua and Barbuda||Bangladesh||Cambodia|
|Belgium||Burkina Faso||Central African Republic||Canada|
|Costa Rica||Djibouti||Dominican Republic||Egypt|
|Philippines||Russia||Sao Tome and Principe||Serbia|
|Saudi Arabia||Sri Lanka||Sudan||Sweden|
If your country is not listed and you want to visit Kenya, you should check what type of visa you need and the entry requirement in our Visa Tracker.
Do children also need to complete the Kenya Visa application form?
All adult visitors to the Republic of Kenya must submit this travel document at the Kenyan border as passport holders.
On the other hand, applicants under the age of 16 do not need to submit a visa application. Only their valid transport documents will be required at the point of entry.
What's the cost of the Kenya eVisa?
We offer 3 options. Prices and turnaround times will change depending on your travel needs:
Single Entry Visa, 90 days - Kenya Tourist eVisa
- Standard Processing Time: 6 Business Days - USD 91.00
- Rush Processing Time: 4 Business Days - USD 121.00
- Super Rush Processing Time: 2 Business Days - USD 156.00
Using iVisa.com's online service to apply for your Kenya online visa will enable you to get the approval you need to enjoy your trip. Our team of specialists will check your application before submission to ensure that you will receive the approval.
To avoid delays at the customs office, we will submit your travel authorization to the government in advance of your arrival. Our fee charge allows us to request, process, and track your travel authorization on your behalf. Remember, business days are from Monday to Friday.
Can I get the Kenya Visa application form for free?
Visas for Kenya are available on the Kenya government portal with no processing charge, but the Visa always holds a Government charge of USD 51.00. The process of applying, however, can be overly complicated. This is due to the inability of the Kenya government portal to offer any support or information. Some users may not understand the language of the processing times and can do it wrong.
In what situation do I need a transit visa?
If you are not planning to stay in Kenya longer than 72 hours and your trip has a connection through Kenya, you will not need an approved eVisa. Instead, you will need a transit visa issued.
Persons catching connecting flights directly without leaving the airport do not need to apply for Transit visas.
Kenya Covid-19 Travel Restrictions
Do I need a COVID 19 Vaccine to enter the country?
Entry restrictions do not apply to unvaccinated citizens returning to Kenya, citizens or residents, travelers under 18 years of age, fully vaccinated travelers with a valid certificate, passengers who have recovered from COVID-19 and have proof of recovery.
Persons who have not been immunized for medical reasons must present a certificate issued by a recognized medical entity explaining why they cannot be vaccinated. This must be presented to the immigration headquarters.
For more information on the restrictions in force for vaccinated travelers, please stay updated before traveling.
Do I need a PCR Test to enter the country?
Unvaccinated travelers must present a negative RT-PCR test result performed 72 hours before travel. However, fully vaccinated travelers with valid vaccination certificates do not have to present a COVID-19 test to the immigration officer to enter the country.
Unvaccinated travelers must prove a negative COVID-19 PCR result and upload the result to the Global Haven platform before boarding the flight to Kenya, and immigration services will evaluate it.
Travelers under 5 years of age and persons on a full vaccine course are exempt from this requirement.
Do I need to quarantine upon arrival?
Unvaccinated or fully vaccinated travelers will have no quarantine requirements to travel around Kenya.
Who can I speak to if I have more questions?
Our customer service representatives are always standing by to help you arrange your visa to Kenya. We are eager to answer all of your questions, so please feel free to contact us! Especially if you are a US citizen and have any questions about the Kenya Visa for US citizens.
Required Documents to Apply
Minors Passport Bio Data Page (if applicable)
Passport Personal Details Scan
Proof of Accommodation (if applicable)
Invitation Letter (if applicable)
Host's ID (if applicable)
Hospital Letter (if applicable)
Appointment letter from Kenyan hospital (if applicable)
Organization's Certificate of Registration in the justice authority (if applicable)
Work ID of host (if applicable)
Employment Proof (if applicable)
Previous Visas Last Year (if applicable)
Travelers who apply for a Tourist e-Visa must have a passport that is valid for at least six months from the planned date of entry.
The Kenya e-Visa is valid for 90 days after issued. Once you present yourself to immigration control at the port of entry, you may be issued with a stay not exceeding 90 days in Total for one Single Entry visa, which may be renewed for an additional 90 days in Total at the immigration headquarters.
A proof of accommodation is required to obtain the travel document. The dates in this document MUST match the travel dates selected in the application. This is a requirement that is demanded by the government in order to issue the travel document.
Each adult visitor to the Republic of Kenya is required to submit an e-Visa application.
Applicants who are aged 16 (sixteen) years and below do not need to submit a visa application. Only their valid transport documents will be required at the point of entry.
Engaging in any form of business or employment without a required permit or pass is not permitted.
If you do not hold a valid passport, do not make e-Visa applications. If you just have a national ID card, you should apply through immigration services at the nearest Kenya mission.
Please note that a visa is required prior to entry into Kenya.
NOTE: The possession of a visa is not the final authority to enter the Republic of Kenya.
Was this page helpful?
Our customers have great stories about us
Frequently Asked Questions
Is iVisa.com a legitimate company?
Our Company is accredited and recognized by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and has a validated IATA Agency Code. If you want to check this information you can verify our membership using our bearing No. 23716873 at http://store.iata.org/ieccacfree.
Remember that the customer service team at iVisa.com is here 24/7 to answer any questions you may have about our service.
Why buy a COVID-19 self-testing kit? (US residents only)
The eMed self-test COVID-19 kit includes 6 rapid antigen tests that meet major US airline's entry requirements- perfect for travelers on round-trip journeys from the United States!
Order your test kit before your trip and it will be delivered to your home address for easy testing, anywhere, anytime. The Certified Guide will help you get results in 15 minutes on the NAVICA app. Get the eMed self-test COVID-19 kit for $150- that’s only $25 per test.
Do I have to quarantine when I get to Kenya?
- Quarantine requirements: There are no quarantine requirements in Kenya.
How long does it take to get an e-Visa for Kenya?
It will depend on the method of processing you choose at the time of application:
- Standard processing: 6 Business Days.
- Rush Processing: 4 Business Days.
- Super Rush Processing: 2 Business Days.
Are any other vaccinations required to visit Kenya?
You can get more information here
It is the responsibility of each passenger to check these regulations before traveling to the selected destination.
How long is my Kenya e-Visa valid for?
Kenia e-visa is valid for 90 days after issued. An extension may be obtained by visiting the immigration headquarters once you are inside Kenya. Don’t forget you can use the Kenya e-Visa to travel to Rwanda and Uganda in addition to Kenya.
What conditions must the applicant’s passport meet to get a Kenya e-Visa?
The applicant’s passport should have at least 6 months validity from the time of entry into Kenya, Rwanda, or Uganda and at least one blank page.
What are the conditions for applying for a Kenya e-Visa?
To apply for a Kenya e-Visa, you must meet the following conditions:
- You must be currently outside Kenya.
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from your arrival date in Kenya.
- You must show confirmation of your flight leaving Kenya.
- You must show proof of your ability to support yourself during your visit.
- Your entry must not violate the security and national welfare of anyone in Kenya.
When will my Kenya e-Visa expire?
Once issued, an e-Visa to Kenya is valid for 90 days after issued. Once you present yourself to immigration control at the port of entry, you may be issued with a stay period not exceeding 90 days in Total, which may be renewed for a further 90 days in Total at the immigration headquarters. The maximum number of days a visitor may stay in Kenya is 90 days in Total.
Can I travel before I receive my Kenyan e-Visa?
Yes, we will send you your payment invoice, which can be used to travel even if you don't have your e-Visa on hand.
The reason for this is that Kenya visa applications are automatically approved by the Kenyan Government after screening. At times the system becomes congested due to high volumes of applications, and this can cause some applications to be excluded in the batch approvals. When this happens, the approval will no longer be generated.
Instead, travelers will have to print copies of the visa payment invoice and use the printed copy to board the plane and for visa issuance upon arrival in Kenya. The airlines are aware of this, so the travelers will have no problem entering the country.
Remember that you are also eligible for travel to Uganda and Rwanda with your Kenya e-Visa.
Are you affiliated with the government of Kenya?
iVisa.com is not affiliated with the government of Kenya. We have years of expertise in issuing government-compliant visas and travel documents, so you can feel at ease when you apply for the Kenya eVisa with iVisa.com services.
What else do I need to travel to Kenya?
Kenya requires visitors to have a travel document/passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the date you enter the country. Depending on your nationality, there may be additional requirements beyond the Kenya visa requirements.
Remember that your Kenya e-Visa permits you to visit the countries of Uganda and Rwanda along with Kenya.
Do I need to carry my Kenya e-Visa with me?
The immigration officers at the airports verify the Kenya e-Visa on their system. However, we highly recommend you keep a copy of the e-Visa on your electronic device or preferably print it out. This is especially important in case there is a system failure at the point of entry.
I want to stay in Kenya for longer than the validity period of the e-Visa. What should I do?
What happens if I can’t find the email with my Kenya e-Visa?
Is my Kenya e-Visa valid for a single entry or multiple entries?
It is valid for a Single Entry only.
What types of visas are available for those visiting the Republic of Kenya?
The Single Entry visa is issued for single entry to people whose nationalities require a visa to enter Kenya either for business, tourism, or medical reasons.
The transit visa is issued to people connecting through Kenya to other destinations for a period not exceeding 72 hours. Those catching connecting flights without leaving the airport do not need to apply for transit visas.
I have already visited Kenya once using my single entry visa, do I need to apply for another e-Visa?
Yes, when your visa is used or expired you need to apply for another one in order to travel to Kenya again.
Don’t forget you are also eligible to travel to Uganda or Rwanda with your Kenya e-Visa.
What are the reasons for travel accepted to apply for an e-Visa?
They are tourism, business, education, employment, medical, religion, settlement/family, and "other.”
I made a mistake on the personal information! Can I change the e-Visa document?
Do I need a transit visa if I have an onward international connecting flight from Kenya without leaving the airport? In what situation do I need a transit visa?
The Kenyan Transit Visa is only required and issued to persons connecting through Kenya to other destinations with a transit period not exceeding 72 hours. If you are staying in Kenya for longer or your transit exceeds 72 hours, obtain your e-Visa here.
Persons catching connecting flights directly without leaving the airport (international connections) do not need to apply for Transit visas.
Learn more about Kenya Tourism
Where can I read more?
- Kenya Visa Age Requirements
- Kenya Visa Qatar
- Kenya Visa How Long Does It Take
- Kenya Visa Dubai
- Kenya Visa London
- Kenya Visa For Us Citizens Cost
- Kenya Visa Uk Cost
- Kenya Visa Process
- Kenya Visa Validity
- Is Kenya Visa On Arrival For Indian
- Kenya Visa On Arrival Cost
- Kenya Visa Types
- Kenya eVisa error
- How can citizens of Germany enter Kenya during coronavirus?
- How Citizens of The United Kingdom Can Enter Kenya During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of Tanzania Can Enter Kenya During Coronavirus?
- Kenya Covid Testing: How to get your certificate approved
- How Citizens of The United States Can Enter Kenya During Coronavirus
- Kenya Vaccination Passport: What You Should Know
- How Citizens of Uganda Can Enter Kenya During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of India Can Enter Kenya During Coronavirus?
- Flying to Kenya Covid 19: What you should know
- Who Can Travel to Kenya Covid: 2021 Update
- Entry Requirements for Kenya Covid 19: Prepare for your trip
- Kenya Vaccine Requirements: Do I need a vaccine to travel to Kenya?
- Read this before applying for the Kenya 14 day quarantine requirement
- KENYA VISA-FREE COUNTRIES-CAN I TRAVEL JUST WITH MY PASSPORT?
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Croatia
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of New Zealand
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of the Dominican Republic
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Bangladesh
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Switzerland
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Colombia
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Guatemala
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Austria
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Bolivia
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Bulgaria
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Lithuania
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Mexico
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Saudi Arabia
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Turkey
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Peru
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Madagascar
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Oman
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Argentina
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Bhutan
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Djibouti
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of El Salvador
- Kenya Visa for Irish passport holders
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Cape Verde
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Russia
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Palau
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Venezuela
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Guinea-Bissau
- Kenya Visa for Italian citizens
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Algeria
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Comoros
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Ecuador
- Kenya visa policy
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of the United Arab Emirates
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of the Netherlands
- How Can We Get a Kenya Visa Extension?
- Kenya Visa for U.S. Citizens
- KENYA VISA FOR JORDANIAN CITIZENS
- KENYA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF SRI LANKA
- KENYA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF MOROCCO
- KENYA TRANSIT VISA FOR INDIAN CITIZENS
- IS THERE A KENYA TRANSIT VISA ON ARRIVAL?
- KENYA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF VISA OF UKRAINE
- Kenya Visa for Chinese citizens
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Spain
- KENYA VISA REQUIREMENTS FOR JAPANESE CITIZEN
- KENYA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF SWEDEN
- KENYA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF SUDAN
- KENYA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF MOZAMBIQUE
- KENYA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF IRAN
- KENYA eVISA APPLICATION FORM FOR THE CITIZENS OF SOUTH SUDAN
- KENYA TRANSIT VISA COST
- Kenya eVisa Frequently Asked Questions
- KENYA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF POLAND
- KENYA VISA FOR YEMENI
- KENYA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF TUNISIA
- KENYA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF ANGOLA
- KENYA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF THE PHILIPPINES
- KENYA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF LIBERIA
- Kenyan Transit Visa for Nigeria Passport Holders
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of France
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Uzbekistan
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Vatican City
- Kenya Visa for Egyptian citizens
- KENYA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF BRAZIL
- KENYA VISA FOR PAKISTANI CITIZENS
- Australian Citizens Who Need Transit Visa for Kenya
- Canadian Citizens and Transit Visas to Kenya: Quick Guide
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Micronesia
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Romania
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Slovakia
- Kenya Visa application for the citizens of Germany
- Kenya Visa application form for the citizens of Belgium
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of the Democratic Republic of Congo
- Kenya Transit visa requirements
- Can I get a transit visa for Kenya at Nairobi Airport?
- Save time when landing in Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
- The UK Transit Visa Going Through Kenya
- Transit Visa for Kenya Duration Information
- Can I travel to Kenya with an East Africa Visa?
- Can I get a transit visa in Kenya at the airport?