If you're an Argentinian citizen, then you don't need a visa when you travel to Mexico for tourism purposes. However, you have to acquire a Mexico Tourist Card, otherwise known as a Forma Migratoria Multiple to enter the country properly.
iVisa can facilitate the application process before departure so that you don't have to fill in the application while you're on the plane or while you stand in a long line upon arrival. With iVisa, you can get the card in only 30 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions / FAQs
Do Argentinian Citizens need a Visa to travel to Mexico?
No, Argentinians don't need a visa per se, they only need a Tourist Card or FMM.
What is a Mexican FMM for Argentinians?
The Mexico FMM (Forma Migratoria Múltiple or Tourist Card is an authorization that allows you to enter Mexico. It might be similar to a visa, but it is easier to obtain it, especially when applying online.
How long can I stay in Mexico with a Tourist Card?
If you're from Argentina, you can stay 180 days in Total in Mexico while you have the FMM.
How many types of Tourist Cards are there?
There's only one, The Forma Migratoria Múltiple or FMM, but it can be by air or by land. Consider that the FMM by Land has an extra cost of USD 32.00.
What are the requirements?
You will learn that the online process of getting a Mexico Tourist card is not complicated at all. You only need to put together a few documents and some information. Here is what you need:
- Valid passport – when you apply online for a Tourist card, you must have at hand a passport. Moreover, this document has to maintain its validity for at least 6 months from the flying date to Mexico.
- Airplane ticket – this item applies only if you travel by air. You have to provide a flight number. If you take the trip by car, you don't need any validation.
- E-mail address – Your Tourist Card arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You need to print it out before departure. We also recommend you to write down the FMM number just in case the Tourist Card is lost or stolen.
- Payment Options – an online application process also requires a valid payment method that allows you to finish the process. iVisa accepts multiple methods. You can use a credit or debit card. PayPal is also a valid method.
What are the prices and processing times for the FMM if I'm Argentinian?
To know the total price of your FMM, you first have to determine your means of travel to Mexico, as well as the processing timeframe you prefer during the application process. Here is what you can select:
- Standard processing time – this is the slowest choice. It is also the least expensive. Your application is ready in 24 hours, and the fee you have to pay is only USD 20.00.
- Rush processing – if you choose this alternative, you get your Tourist Card in 4 hours, but as you can imagine, the fee goes a bit higher. You will have to pay USD 40.00.
- Super Rush processing – It is the fastest option, and also the most expensive. The Tourist Card is approved in 30 minutes, but you have to pay USD 60.00 for it.
Remember that the fees above apply only if you travel by air. If you decide to travel by land, you will spend an additional USD 32.00 for each processing time.
How much time do I need to apply?
You'll be ready in less than 30 minutes.
How is the application form for Argentinians?
As soon as the requirements are met, you are ready to fill in the application form. It should not take you more than 20 minutes, but iVisa provides non-stop customer support if you need some help. The service can be reached via online chat or phone with no extra cost.
The form you must complete is split into three steps:
During the first one, you must offer general information about yourself and your trip, and you also have to mention your means of travel. You also have to choose a processing time for your application. The total price of your Mexico Tourist Card depends on that.
Moving on to step number two, you have to proceed with the payment and review your form. It is necessary that your information is 100% accurate so that you don't get an invalid tourist card.
And finally, the third step requires you to upload the documents that support your application. As soon as you are done with that, you are free to submit your form, and iVisa will handle the rest.
What am I supposed to do once I finish my application?
You don't have to stress about this part. As soon as you end up with your online process, you'll get the FMM via e-mail according to the processing time you decided before. It's not that hard to see that you don't need to deal with a Mexican embassy, in iVisa, we take care of that part.
How many entries does the Mexican FMM allow me to have?
If you're from Argentina, you'll receive an FMM with a Single Entry.
What should I do if I travel by land?
If you travel by car or bus, then you'll have to apply for a Tourist Card by Land.
Can I apply for family members or friends?
If you want to travel with friends or family, then you'll have to apply for them. They'll only need the same requirements we mentioned above. Remember that this is important to proceed with their tourist cards.
If you're adding only one person, then you can do it only selecting ‘Add new applicant’ in the application form.
Do I have to apply for my children?
If you travel with children, yes, you have to apply for them separately.
How does this Tourist Card look like?
Where can I read more information about the Mexican Tourist Card?
Do you still have questions about this document? Don't worry! You can contact our customer center here to receive personalized attention. Or just click on the Mexico FMM page to read other FAQs that could be helpful.
Start your trip to Mexico by applying online with iVisa and forget about paperwork!