The citizens of Bangladesh need to get a visa when traveling to Mexico for tourism purposes. However, you also need a Tourist Card, also known as a Forma Migratoria Multiple. To avoid getting it on the plane or standing in line when you arrive in Mexico, iVisa gives you the opportunity to acquire the Tourist Card before departure. The process is entirely online, and with iVisa, the Tourist card can be yours in a few minutes.
This is the first step to simplify the process to enter the country, since applying for a visa can be hard enough. To help you with some doubts related to your Mexican trip, we'll answer them for you in this blog.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
I'm from Bangladesh, do I need a visa to enter Mexico?
Yes, you do need a visa to enter Mexico if you're from Bangladesh. You'll also need a Tourist Card when arriving in the country.
What is a Mexico FMM?
The Mexican Tourist Card or Mexico FMM, is a document that offers you the proper authorization to enter Mexico legally. It's similar to a visa, but it is easier to get it, especially when applying online.
However, Bangladeshi citizens also need a visa to enter Mexico.
How long can Bangladeshi citizens stay in Mexico with a FMM?
If you're from Bangladeshi, you can stay for 180 days Total in Mexico while you have the FMM valid.
What requirements do I need to get the Mexico FMM?
To acquire the Tourist Card online, you have to meet a few requirements. However, rest assured that the list is short, and you may already have some of the things you need. Here is what you must have on hand once you apply:
- Valid passport – when you apply online for a Tourist card, you must have at hand a valid passport. Moreover, the travel document in question has to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Mexico.
- Airplane ticket – this requirement applies only if you travel to Mexico by air. It is essential to provide a flight number. When you take the trip by car, no substitute document is needed.
- E-mail address – as a result of the online application process, your Tourist Card arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You need to print it out before departure. Also, we suggest that you write down the FMM number just in case your Tourist Card is lost or stolen.
- Means of payment – an online application process also requires a method of payment that allows you to pay online. iVisa accepts multiple such methods. You can use a credit or debit card, but we also take PayPal.
How many types of Mexican Tourist Cards are there if I'm from Bangladesh?
Just one, which is known as Forma Migratoria Múltiple or FMM, and this card can be obtained to use it by air or by land. Keep in mind that the FMM by Land has a cost of USD 29.00.
What's the cost of the Tourist Card?
The cost of your Tourist Card depends on how fast you want your application to be processed and the means of travel. As far as the processing timeframe is concerned, iVisa gives you three options so that you can choose the one that best works for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest option you have at hand. It is also the cheapest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and the fee is just USD 20.00.
- Rush processing – if you choose this option, you receive your Tourist Card in just 4 hours, but as you can imagine, the fee goes a bit higher. You will be charged USD 40.00.
- Super Rush processing – as the fastest available option, this is the most expensive. The Tourist Card is approved in 30 minutes, but you have to pay USD 60.00 for it.
Keep in mind that the fees above apply when you travel by air. If you choose to travel by land, you will spend an additional $29 for each processing time.
How much time do I need to apply?
You'll be ready to receive your FMM in less than 15 minutes.
How is the application form for Bangladeshi citizens?
After you make sure that you have everything necessary, you can move on and fill in the application form. It should take you about 20 minutes, but if you need some help, iVisa provides non-stop customer support and it is totally free.
The form you will find on the application page consists of three steps:
The first one is based on your personal information, but you also have to select a processing time for your application, as well as the way of travel.
The second step is made for you to make the payment and review your form.
Now the third step requires you to upload a few documents. When you are done, hit the submit button, and iVisa will handle the rest.
The bottom line is that iVisa may not be able to help you get a Mexico Visa for the citizens of Bangladesh, but you can use our services to acquire your Tourist Card. The card is valid for 180 days after arrival and you are granted a Single Entry.
What should I do as soon as I end up my application?
As soon as you completely finish your application process, you'll get the e-Visa via e-mail according to the processing time you chose before. It's not that hard to see that you don't have to deal with a Mexican embassy, you're free of that. In iVisa, we take care of that part.
How many entries does the Mexican FMM allow me to have?
You'll get an FMM with a Single Entry, so this means you can enter just once.
What can I do if I travel by land?
When travelling by Land, you'll have to apply for a Tourist Card by Land, which has an extra cost of USD 29.00 as we already mentioned before.
Can I apply for family and also friends?
You can also apply for family members or closer friends as long as they obviously have the same requirements. Remember that this is important in order to proceed with their tourist cards.
Don't forget that if you're applying for one friend or one family member, you can apply here by having their personal information.
If you only need to add one more person, then you can do it only selecting ‘Add new applicant’.
Do I have to apply for my children too?
Yes, and you have to apply for them separately .
How does this FMM look like?
Where can I read more information about the Mexican FMM?
Do you still have some doubts in mind? Don't worry about it! You can easily contact our customer center here to receive a faster attention. Or just click on the Mexico FMM page to read other useful FAQs.
Don't lose your journey to Mexico, and start relaxin by applying online with iVisa.