The citizens of Russia who wish to spend their vacation in Mexico, need a Mexican Electronic Authorization. This document was recently launched and you're able to have it with iVisa.
Keep reading this article to find out more about the electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) for Mexico.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is an eTA?
The Mexican eTA is a travel document that is require for certain citizens who travel to Mexico for tourism purposes, not paid work.
What are the requirements for a Mexico eTA for the citizens of Russia?
Getting a Mexico eTA is not a process as demanding as obtaining a visa. Even so, you still need to check and see if you have everything necessary. With that being said, what you need is as follows:
- Valid passport – you cannot get an eTA unless you hold a passport. Plus, the visa policy of Mexico requires that the passport should be valid for at least another 6 months from your date of arrival in Mexico.
- Flight ticket – remember that this requirement applies only to tourists who decide to travel by air. The flight number is what matters. People who travel by car do not need a substitute document.
- E-mail address – as you can imagine, when you apply online for your Electronic Authorization, the document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You must remember to print it out before departure. We recommend more than one physical copy. Also, just in case your eTA gets lost or stolen, make sure to have the eTA number written down somewhere.
- Means of payment – when you apply online, the payment must be made online too. As to that, iVisa is pretty flexible. You can pay using a credit or a debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also acceptable.
How much does it cost to obtain a eTA with iVisa?
As for processing, here are your options:
- Standard processing – this is the most commonly chosen option because it is the cheapest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and you are charged only USD 20.00.
- Rush processing – if you wish for faster processing, you can select this one. It takes 4 hours for your Mexican Electronic Authorization to arrive, and the fee is USD 40.00.
- Super Rush processing – this time, your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but the fee gets a bit higher. You will be charged USD 60.00.
How is the application form?
After you manage to put together all of the above, you can go ahead and fill in the application form. It should not take more than 20 minutes of your time, but iVisa provides 24/7 customer support if you need help or have some questions. The service is free of charge, you can click here to contact us.
You will have to go through three steps when you fill in the form.
The first one focuses on general information. At the same time, it will make you choose a processing time (the ones mention above) for your application and mention your means of travel, which will determine the cost of your Mexico eTA.
Reaching step number two, you need to handle the payment and review your form so that it does not include any mistakes.
Finally, the third step asks that you upload a few documents that support your application. After you do everything you are asked, you can submit your request, and iVisa will handle the rest.
How many entries do I get as a Russian citizen with the Mexican eTA?
This eTA is Single Entry, meaning you only get to entry once.
How long is the eTA valid for as a Russian citizen?
The Electronic Authorization is valid for 180 days after issued
How long can I stay in this single entry?
You can stay a maximum of 180 days Per Entry.
Do I have to apply for my kids?
Every traveler needs to apply for an eTA, even children
Where can I read more?
The bottom line is that iVisa cannot help the citizens of Russia to get a Mexico Visa, but we can facilitate the process of acquiring a [Mexico Electronic Authorization]/mexico-e-visa-sae?nationality=RU).
The document you receive in your e-mail inbox is valid for 180 days since your arrival in Mexico, and it covers a single entry. You can always contact us at any moment of any day. And if you need more information click [here]/mexico-e-visa-sae?nationality=RU for more details. Help us help you have a trip you'll never forget!