The citizens of Russia who wish to spend their vacation in Mexico must first apply for a tourist visa. But you also need to obtain a Mexico tourist card, otherwise known as a Forma Migratoria Multiple (FMM). While iVisa cannot help with the visa itself, it can facilitate the process of obtaining the tourist card. You can acquire it in as little as 30 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is a FMM?
A Forma Migratoria Multiple is a tourist permit that is require for all citizens traveling to Mexico who are not going for a remunerated work.
What are the requirements for a Mexico Visa for the citizens of Russia?
Getting a Mexico tourist card is not a process as demanding as obtaining a visa. Even so, you still need to check and see if you have everything necessary. With that being said, what you need is as follows:
- Valid passport – you cannot obtain a Forma Migratoria Multiple unless you hold a passport. Plus, the visa policy of Mexico requires that the passport should be valid for at least another 6 months from your date of arrival in Mexico.
- Flight ticket – remember that this requirement applies only to tourists who decide to travel by air. The flight number is what matters. People who travel by car do not need a substitute document.
- E-mail address – as you can imagine, when you apply online for your tourist card, the document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You must remember to print it out before departure. We recommend more than one physical copy. Also, just in case your FMM gets lost or stolen, make sure to have the FMM number written down somewhere.
- Means of payment – when you apply online, the payment must be made online too. As to that, iVisa is pretty flexible. You can pay using a credit or a debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also acceptable.
How much does it cost to obtain a FMM with iVisa?
As for processing, here are your options:
- Standard processing – this is the most commonly chosen option because it is the cheapest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and you are charged only USD 20.00.
- Rush processing – if you wish for faster processing, you can select this one. It takes 4 hours for your Mexico tourist card to arrive, and the fee is USD 40.00.
- Super Rush processing – this time, your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but the fee gets a bit higher. You will be charged USD 60.00.
Remember that when you travel by car, the price of your Mexico tourist card differs. You will spend an additional $29 for each processing time.
How is the application form?
After you manage to put together all of the above, you can go ahead and fill in the application form. It should not take more than 20 minutes of your time, but iVisa provides 24/7 customer support if you need help or have some questions. The service is free of charge, you can click here to contact us.
You will have to go through three steps when you fill in the form.
The first one focuses on general information. At the same time, it will make you choose a processing time (the ones mention above) for your application and mention your means of travel, which will determine the cost of your Mexico tourist card.
Reaching step number two, you need to handle the payment and review your form so that it does not include any mistakes.
Finally, the third step asks that you upload a few documents that support your application. After you do everything you are asked, you can submit your request, and iVisa will handle things from that point on.
How many entries do I get as a Russian citizen with the Mexican FMM?
This FMM is Single Entry, meaning you only get to entry once.
How long is the FMM valid for as a Russian citizen?
The FMM is valid for 180 days after arrival.
How long can I stay in this single entry?
You can stay a maximum of 180 days Total.
Do I have to apply for my kids?
You do. Every traveler needs to apply for a FMM.
The bottom line is that iVisa cannot help the citizens of Russia to get a Mexico Visa, but we can facilitate the process of acquiring a Mexico tourist card. The document you receive in your e-mail inbox is valid for 180 days since your arrival in Mexico, and it covers a single entry. You can always contact us at any moment of any day. And if you need more information click here for more details. Help us help you have a trip you'll never forget!