Learn More: eVisa
Updated May 2022
If you are planning a trip to the mesmerizing western Asian country of Oman, or officially The Sultanate of Oman, your first task will be assuring you have the right travel documents and tourist visas to enter Oman. You will find everything you need to know about the Oman eVisa and entering Oman for tourism purposes below.
In Feb 2018 the Royal Oman Police (ROP) announced a new online system and visa policy for visitors to apply for their Oman tourist visa. The new online Oman visa system is intended to facilitate the process for tourists traveling to Oman and to reduce the wait time at the arrival terminal.
Keep reading to find out how to apply for your Oman eVisa online using a quick, hassle free and completely digital application form.
What is the Oman Visa?
The Oman tourist visa is issued to foreign citizens who wish to visit the country for tourism purposes. It is the best and easiest Oman online visa available if you are looking to enter Oman for a holiday and enjoy everything the country has to offer.
The Oman visa online is an official document that provides authorization to travel to and from Oman. It is an electronic travel authorization to enter Oman and a completely valid visa, it is electronically linked to the traveler's passport and allows you to enter by land or air.
The eVisa is a tourist visa, available as a single entry visa, multiple entry visa or as a GCC Resident single entry e visa. The visa costs vary depending which option you choose and how soon you need it. Keep reading below for our fast track service info and prices.
At the time of your e Visa application you should be outside of the country and travelers are reminded that an Oman visa does not guarantee entry, the final decision lies with border authorities.
Oman Visa - All you need to know
Who can apply for the Oman e Visa online?
International visitors who want to enter Oman and stay for more than 14 days must apply for an Oman Visa before their trip. There is a list of 103 countries that can enter Oman without a visa for up to 14 days. You can check if you need an Oman online visa using our Visa Checker tool at the top right of this page, or go to your local embassy to inquire if you are part of the list before applying.
However, if you want to travel for longer than 14 days you will need to apply for an electronic travel authorization (the Oman online Visa). Over 70 countries can apply for the Oman evisa online and you can do this directly with us to save the hassle of visiting any government officials and simply apply online all from the comfort of your own home.
- Only 5 countries are lucky enough to have freedom of movement and visit Oman without the Oman e Visa: Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates.
To view your exact requirements to enter Oman you can visit our application page and select your nationality.
Types of Oman e Visa available online
Depending on your nationality and purpose of travel there are 3 different types of Oman Visa available through our online services.
- Single Entry Visa: With this e Visa for Oman, travelers can only enter the country once and stay for up to 30 days in Total. This type of tourist visa may be extended once for up to an extra 30 days.
- Multiple Entry Visa: This Oman Visa online allows visitors multiple entry within a 1 year period. Each stay can be no longer than 30 days Per Entry and this visa cannot be extended.
- GCC Residents Visa: This is a special visa for travelers who have a GCC residence card and is valid for a single entry to Oman, of up to 28 days in Total. It can be extended once for up to 7 days.
Important - If a visitor overstays more than the 30 days allowed, there is a fine of 26 USD per day. The Oman e-Visa must be used to enter Oman within 6 months of approval.
What documents and information do I need to apply for the Oman eVisa?
Eligible citizens will need to provide certain required documents and personal information for a successful Oman eVisa application. The following is required:
- Personal information - Name, date of birth, gender, nationality and contact details
- A valid passport - Valid for at least 6 months after arrival date to Oman
- A recent digital passport style photo - We also provide a passport photo service if you need one
- Certain nationalities, listed here, require a copy of a valid visa or residence permit from: Schengen area, United States of America, United Kingdom, Canada, Japan, or Australia. The countries requiring this visa copy/residence permit include: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bhutan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Costa Rica, Cuba, El Salvador, Georgia, Guatemala, Honduras, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Maldives, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan
- Any other supporting documents applicable - Accommodation proof and airline confirmation, especially the return flight ticket, may be required by border control when entering Oman to prove your intention to leave before your Visa expires, however it is not necessary when you apply online.
- It is mandatory to have international travel insurance inclusive of medical cover for your Oman trip, this should cover at least 30 days of Covid - 19 treatment if necessary.
All documents must be uploaded in digital format for your online application. Travelers do not need to present any travel document at the Oman Embassy or consulate in person. This is a 100% online e Visa process.
How do I apply for the Oman e Visa?
Applicants can obtain their E visa in just 3 easy steps with us. Using our fully online application form it shouldn't take you longer than 5 minutes to complete and you can have your Oman visa in as fast as 24 hours!
- Step 1 - Fill out the e Visa application form with all your personal and travel information, including the same passport you are traveling with. Attach any documents requested.
- Step 2 - Choose the processing speed that best suits you and pay the Oman visa price with a credit or debit card.
- Step 3 - Sit back, relax and wait for your Oman e Visa to arrive via email.
Our experts will double check your visa information and make sure everything looks good, if we have any questions we will contact you via email. You should receive your approved eVisa via email in the time frame you have chosen.
Note: Even though border officials should have your e Visa available to check in their system we recommend you print out the visa and carry it with you at all times during the travel to Oman.
When should I apply for my Oman eVisa?
You can get your Visa in as fast as 24 hours with us, so last minute requests are always an option, but you can also apply through iVisa.com at any time before your trip. We will ensure the accuracy of your application and queue it so that it is processed within the required time frame.
What are the costs and processing times of the Oman E visa application?
Depending on which e Visa you are eligible for or which one suits your travelers needs the most, the price will vary.
Single Entry Visa:
- Standard processing time is 4 Business Days and it costs USD 85.00
- Rush processing time of 2 Business Days which costs USD 116.50
- Super rush processing of 1 Business Day for USD 157.00
Multiple Entry Visa:
- Standard processing time is 4 Business Days and it costs USD 160.00
- Rush processing time of 2 Business Days which costs USD 190.00
- Super rush processing of 1 Business Day for USD 220.00
GCC Resident Visa:
- Standard processing time is 4 Business Days and it costs USD 46.00
- Rush processing time of 2 Business Days which costs USD 77.50
- Super rush processing of 1 Business Day for USD 118.00
Note: All consulate or Government fees are included in our total service prices.
Traveling with Minors, do they need to apply for an Oman visa online?
Yes, children traveling to Oman must always possess their own passport and Oman eVisa.
Do I need an Oman eVisa if I am transiting through the country?
If you are in transit via Muscat but do not leave the airport, you will not need a visa. If you are in long transit for up to 72 hours, you can apply for a transit visa with the help of your airline. As you get off your first flight in Oman ask for the help of the airline staff or the transfer desk.
Here is a sample of the Oman Visa
COVID -19 Requirements and Restrictions
COVID vaccination certificate is not required for entry in Oman. Since information may change quickly, we advise you to follow up on the latest Oman travel updates and/or contact your local embassy.
- COVID test requirements: There are no testing requirements. However, travelers must be fully vaccinated.
- Quarantine requirements: There are currently no quarantine requirements in Oman.
Where Can I learn more about the Oman eVisa?
For additional information, you can contact our customer support agents. They are available 24/7 to answer any further questions you might have about the Oman eVisa application and our services. If you apply with us, they will also be able to provide updates on the status of your visa application.
Required Documents to Apply
A photograph of the applicant (digital)
A scan of the applicant's passport
Certain nationalities (listed below) require a copy of a valid visa or residence permit from: Schengen area, United States of America, United Kingdom, Canada, Japan, or Australia. The countries requiring this valid visa copy/residence permit include: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bhutan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Costa Rica, Cuba, El Salvador, Georgia, Guatemala, Honduras, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Maldives, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan.
Accommodation proof and airline confirmation (especially the return ticket) may be required when entering Oman, however it is not necessary to apply.
The Oman e-Visa must be used to enter Oman within 6 months of approval.
All passengers must have international health insurance covering the cost of COVID-19 treatment for at least one month.
Certain nationalities require a supporting document (visa or residence permit) from the Schengen, US, UK, Canada, Japan or Australia. To view your requirements, please visit our application page and enter your nationality.
The applicant must be outside the Sultanate of Oman at the time of application.
This Oman e-Visa does not require a sponsor in Oman.
The applicant must not have any other current Oman visa.
The applicant’s passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date they enter Oman.
Travelers must have a return travel ticket to enter Oman.
Proof of accommodation is required to obtain the travel document. The dates in this document MUST match the travel dates selected in the application. This is a requirement that is demanded by the government in order to issue the travel document.
If the traveler overstays in Oman, there is a fine of 26 USD for each day of overstay.
This visa cannot be changed to a work visa while inside the Sultanate of Oman.
Entry to Oman is at the discretion of the Royal Oman Police officer at the port of entry.
Was this page helpful?
Our customers have great stories about us
Frequently Asked Questions
Is iVisa.com a legitimate company?
Our Company is accredited and recognized by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and has a validated IATA Agency Code. If you want to check this information you can verify our membership using our bearing No. 23716873 at http://store.iata.org/ieccacfree.
Remember that the customer service team at iVisa.com is here 24/7 to answer any questions you may have about our service.
Why buy a COVID-19 self-testing kit? (US residents only)
The eMed self-test COVID-19 kit includes 6 rapid antigen tests that meet major US airline's entry requirements- perfect for travelers on round-trip journeys from the United States!
Order your test kit before your trip and it will be delivered to your home address for easy testing, anywhere, anytime. The Certified Guide will help you get results in 15 minutes on the NAVICA app. Get the eMed self-test COVID-19 kit for $150- that’s only $25 per test.
What conditions must the applicant’s passport meet for the Oman e-Visa?
Is it mandatory to be outside Oman to apply for the e-Visa?
Can I change the Oman e-Visa to a work visa?
Do I need a sponsor to get the Oman e-Visa?
Why don't I see a multiple entry option when applying?
How far in advance should I apply for the Oman e-Visa?
Once I arrive in Oman, what documents do I need to present?
If I already possess a valid Oman e-Visa, can I apply for a new one?
Is there a fine if I stay in Oman beyond the one month allowed?
Is there any restriction on the time in which the Oman e-Visa can be used?
Can I enter to Oman by land with my eVisa?
Do I need a yellow fever vaccination to travel to Oman?
A yellow fever vaccine is required if traveling from a country with risk of yellow fever transmission.
For more information, click on the following link:
Learn more about Oman Tourism
Where can I read more?
- Documents Required for the Oman Visa
- How Much Is A 10 Day Visa To Oman
- Oman Vaccination Passport
- Oman Covid Entry Requirements
- Oman entry Covid test
- How Citizens of Pakistan Can Enter Oman During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of Germany Can Enter Oman During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of the United States Can Enter Oman During Coronavirus
- Oman Covid Entry Restrictions
- How Citizens of the United Kingdom Can Enter Oman During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of India Can Enter Oman During Coronavirus
- Do I need a vaccine to travel to Oman?
- What you should know about the Oman 14 day quarantine requirement
- Do I need a medical test to apply for an Oman visa?
- Where can I find the best Oman visit visa agents?
- OMAN VISA FOR MALAYSIAN CITIZENS
- Do I have to print the Oman visa?
- Oman visa photo size
- How to successfully plan an Oman visa run
- Is the Oman visa for Indian citizens available in Muscat?
- Oman visa for Indian citizens
- Applying for an Oman Visa Extension the Quick and Easy Way
- OMAN VISA FOR CANADIAN CITIZENS
- Oman visa types
- Requirements for the citizens of Oman visa-free countries
- WHAT ARE THE OMAN VISA REQUIREMENTS?
- OMAN VISA PROCESSING TIME
- Do US citizens need a visa for Oman? - Cost and Requirements
- Oman visa fee
- How to do an Oman visa check and check the status
- Can I get a visa on arrival in Muscat?
- OMAN VISA FOR PAKISTANI CITIZENS
- OMAN VISA ON ARRIVAL
- Oman visa requirements for UAE residents
- Oman visa for UAE residents traveling by road
- Oman Visa Policy: Everything you need to know!
- Oman visa information
- How to get an Oman entry visa
- Oman Visa fee for Indian citizens
- Oman visa application
- How to make a proper Oman visa inquiry
- Can I request an Oman visa verification?
- CAN I OBTAIN AN OMAN VISA ONCE I ARRIVEN IN MUSCAT?