Get your Schengen Visa Application For Poland Online Now!
Last updated: July 2022
The Republic of Poland is one of the largest countries in the European Union and a popular destination for many tourists every year. Most Polish cities are gathered around an 'old town' where you can admire the ancient architecture and learn about the rich history of this nation. Or discover the countless hiking trails with breathtaking scenery in any of the 23 national parks on a trip to Poland.
Whether for a holiday or business purposes, you need to check if you have to apply for a Polish visa. Since Poland is a Schengen country, you may be required to have a Schengen visa, which can soon be acquired quickly and 100% online through iVisa.com. This visa will allow you to enter Poland and travel throughout the Schengen area and has the added benefit of not having to do a visa application for each country you will visit.
What is the Poland Visa?
The Schengen visa is a short-stay travel document required for nationalities who are not eligible for visa-free travel in the 26 member countries of the Schengen area, including Poland. Holders of the Schengen visa are allowed for international travel throughout the Schengen zone for up to 90 days within a 180-day period.
There are several types of visas that are available to travelers planning to visit the Schengen area. Visas are offered for the purposes of tourism, work, school, research, and more. Depending on the visa type, you may be granted an extended stay, multiple entry, or other benefits.
Who needs to do the Schengen visa application to visit Poland?
If your nationality is not eligible for visa-free travel to the Schengen zone, you will need to start a visa application to visit Poland and the other Schengen countries in the European Union. Once we are able to offer the Schengen visa application on iVisa.com, you are able to apply for it online, without any hassle.
If you are an EU or Schengen area national, you are exempt from getting a Schengen Poland visa. Dual nationals can enter the country with a document that proves Polish citizenship, such as a Polish passport.
How long is the Poland visa valid for?
When your visa application is approved, your embassy will grant you a period of validity for traveling to Poland and the Schengen area. You will only be able to use your visa within the dates they provide you. You may have difficulty obtaining visas to the Schengen area in the future if you stay past the validity of your visa.
Schengen visas are generally valid for up to 90 days within a 180-day period. This does not mean you can stay in the Schengen area past the validity of your visa.
Travel requirements and required documents for the Poland Visa?
Once you can apply online through iVisa.com, you’ll need to fill out a visa application form and provide supporting documents to get your Polish Schengen visa.
Different documents are required for different types of visas. The following list generally applies to each visa type:
- A copy of your passport with validity of at least 6 months after arrival in the Schengen area.
- Two recent photos, with a white background and no obstructions (glasses, hats, etc.) covering your face or ears. Additionally, the photos cannot be more than 6 months old and must be 5 x 5 inches. If you don't have one, you can use the convenient iVisa.com photo service.
- Bank statements of the last 3 months to show that you have sufficient funds to fund your trip (unless a company sponsors you).
- Accommodation details (hotel reservation or invitation letter from a host).
- Travel medical insurance covering medical treatment and emergency assistance in other countries with a minimum coverage of EUR 30,000.
- In some cases, you may need to supply fingerprints.
Do I need a Polish visa if I’m transiting through the country?
A Schengen visa for transiting is only necessary if you need to enter the Schengen area to change your mode of transport. Some nationalities need an Airport Transit Schengen Visa if they have to change flights at a Schengen airport. It allows them to wait for their flight in a Schengen airport's international transit area while waiting for their flight to their destination.
However, this visa does not allow you to leave the international transit area of an airport, even if you have to wait overnight. Check if you need a transit visa at your local Polish embassy or consulate.
How do I apply for the Poland Visa online with iVisa.com?
In the near future, we will be offering Poland visas online for the Schengen zone. Until then, please contact your local embassy or consulate to obtain one.
The visa application process will consist of three simple steps:
- Step 1: Complete the application form and select your preferred processing time.
- Step 2 Check the details and pay the application fee online.
- Step 3 Upload the necessary documents and submit your visa application.
The Poland Schengen visa application will be submitted to the Polish embassy or consulate by our visa experts. You may need to go to the embassy for an interview and bring the required documents, as well as provide your biometrics.
Keep in mind that a Schengen visa can be obtained at any embassy of a Schengen country, but there are certain rules in place. If you only wish to visit the Republic of Poland, there is no dilemma. Simply schedule an appointment with the Polish embassy. However, if you plan to visit multiple Schengen countries on one trip, you need to go to the embassy of the country you will visit first.
What are the costs and processing time of the Poland visa with iVisa.com?
The cost will vary depending on the processing speed you prefer. These are your options:
- Standard Processing: This option is perfect for travelers who have planned their trip far in advance.
- Rush Processing: An ideal choice if you have less time to arrange your travel documents as your trip is coming up soon.
- Super Rush Processing: If you are in a rush to get your Schengen visa, choose this option for an extra fee.
Currently, we are not yet able to offer the Polish Schengen visa online. However, our customer support team is available 24/7 to answer all your questions.
Traveling to Poland with children or minors
If applicable to their nationality, children and minors also need a Schengen visa to visit Poland, but fees may vary.
COVID-19 requirements or restrictions in Poland
It is no longer necessary to comply with any travel restrictions for the Republic of Poland, including:
- Showing a vaccination certificate at the border to local authorities.
- Quarantine after crossing the border in Poland.
- Showing a negative COVID-19 test result when crossing the Polish border from other countries.
- Filling out a Passenger Locator Form for Poland. Simply exercise normal precautions when traveling to your destination country or spending time in public places.
What else should I keep in mind before traveling to Poland?
Who is exempt from paying for the Schengen visa application?
You are exempt from paying for your visa if any of the following apply to you:
- You are under the age of 6.
- You hold a diplomatic, official, or service passport, and you are traveling for official purposes.
- You are a family member of an EU/EEA national.
- You are a student who is on a school trip with your teacher(s).
- You are a researcher who is traveling to the Schengen area for the purposes of scientific research.
What are the entry rules for travelers arriving by land?
Local laws state that you need an international driving permit if you plan to drive around Poland. All order entry requirements apply to both visitors by air and land.
What is the Schengen area?
Schengen nations have agreed to allow easier travel between them with the Schengen visa. Most major tourist destinations in Europe can be visited with this travel document. Founded in 1995, this agreement originally consisted of only five countries. Currently, there are 26 (and counting!) members of the Schengen area, including Poland.
Where can I learn more?
You can always reach out to our outstanding customer support team online or via [email protected]. They are available 24/7 to answer any questions you might have about the Poland visa requirements or any other travel documents.
- Poland Schengen visa for citizens of India
- Poland Schengen Visa for Citizens of Oman
- How Can Citizens of Russia Enter Poland During Coronavirus?
- How Can Citizens of the United Kingdom Enter Poland During Coronavirus?
- How Can Citizens of the USA Enter Poland During Coronavirus? The complete answer here
- Poland COVID rules: How to travel to Poland safely
- Poland COVID Test Requirements: How to get ready for your trip to Poland
- Poland COVID Restrictions Travel: How Can You Visit Poland During Covid?
- Poland Visa Policy
- Jak uzyskać Certyfikat Polska Cyfrowa COVID
- See All