Danish citizens, same as most nationalities, do not have to obtain a consular visa when traveling to Sri Lanka for business or pleasure. Instead, you are eligible for the electronic visa system, which means that you can apply for a Sri Lanka visa online. iVisa provides an accessible application process so that you can get the document you need in just 30 minutes.
Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Denmark – requirements
Before you start the online application process, we recommend that you put together everything necessary. However, the list of requirements is not long, and the items on it are easy to acquire. Here is what you will need:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for a Sri Lanka visa unless you are a passport holder. Plus, the visa policy of Sri Lanka requires that the passport maintains its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival.
- Digital passport photo – for a valid passport photo, you need to make sure that the picture is taken in the past 6 months and follows all the other guidelines.
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, the ETA will arrive via e-mail in PDF format. The address you provide must be valid, and you need to have access to it. Remember to print out the document before departure or make sure that you have a digital copy on your electronic device.
- Means of payment – as far as paying for services goes, iVisa is flexible. You can make the payment using a credit or a debit card, but you are also free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat. Whichever is most comfortable for you.
Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Denmark – processing time and fees
The cost of your Sri Lanka visa is determined by the processing timeframe you choose for your application, as well as by the visa type you need. When it comes to processing, you are presented with three options so that you can choose the one that best suits your needs and budget. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the cheapest. You receive your Sri Lanka ETA in 24 hours, and you only have to pay $57.
- Rush processing – for somewhat faster processing, you can choose this option. Your application is processed within 6 hours, and the fee is $87.
- Super Rush processing – if you want your ETA as soon as possible, you can choose this option and have your application processed within 30 minutes. The fee, however, is $107.
As far as the visa type is concerned, you also have the option of applying for a Sri Lanka Business ETA if your trip is for business purposes. The fees differ, though. This visa will cost you an additional $13 for each processing time.
The online application process
We will offer a brief description of the application form so that you know what to expect. Nevertheless, remember that you can reach iVisa’s customer support via online chat or phone if you need help. The service is available 24/7 and completely free of charge.
The form you have to fill in consists of three steps. The first one asks for your personal information, travel details, as well as passport information. This is also the moment when you must select a processing timeframe for your application and the visa type. The second step wants you to take care of the payment and review your form to make sure it does not contain erred information, while the third focuses on supporting documents. You will be asked to upload them. After you do everything you are supposed to, feel free to submit your application. iVisa will deliver the ETA in the timeframe of your choosing.
As you can see, the citizens of Denmark do not have to make too much of an effort to get a Sri Lanka visa. The Sri Lanka ETA has a validity period of 90 days since issue, and it grants two entries. After you arrive in Sri Lanka, you cannot stay for more than 30 days per entry.