As an Indonesian citizen, you are given the possibility to avoid a trip to the Sri Lankan embassy when you wish to travel to Sri Lanka for business or tourism purposes. Instead, you qualify for an Electronic Travel Authorization, for which you can apply online. With iVisa, the document you need can be approved in just 30 minutes.
Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Indonesia – requirements
Before you proceed to fill in the application, you need to ensure that you have at your disposal everything iVisa asks of you. However, that should be an easy task to fulfill. Here is what you need for the online application process:
- Passport – to be able to apply for a Sri Lanka visa, you need to have a valid passport. Moreover, the document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Sri Lanka.
- Digital passport photo – keep in mind that the picture must be taken in the past 6 months and must follow other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- E-mail address – after you submit your application, iVisa will send you the ETA via e-mail in PDF format. Make sure to provide a valid address which you have access to. When you receive the document, you can print it out, or you can keep a copy on your electronic device.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment so that you can pay with whichever you feel comfortable. You can use a credit or debit card, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Indonesia – the online application form
As soon as you have everything you are supposed to, you can move on and fill in the application form. Most people take about 20 minutes to complete the task, but if you need any help, iVisa’s customer support is available 24/7 and entirely free of charge.
The form iVisa created is split into three parts. The first one asks for your personal information, passport info, as well as a few details about your trip. You also have to choose a visa type and a processing time option for your application. Both factors determine the cost of your Sri Lanka visa. When it comes to the latter, iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – this is the cheapest option you have at hand. And the slowest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and you are charged $57.
- Rush processing – this time, you will receive your Sri Lanka ETA in 6 hours since submission, but the fee hoes a bit higher. You will pay $87.
- Super Rush processing – while this is the most expensive option, it is also the fastest. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you have to pay $107 for the urgency. In case you travel for business purposes, you need a Sri Lanka Business ETA. The fees are a bit different. You will be charged $70, $100, and $120 respectively for each processing time.
The second part handles the payment and the review. You need to make sure that all the information you provide does not contain errors. Otherwise, you can end up with an invalid visa.
The third and final part requires you to upload the documents that support your application. Once you do that, you can click on the submit button, and iVisa will handle everything that follows.
The bottom line is that the process of getting a Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Indonesia is incredibly convenient when you apply online. The document you are sent is valid for 90 days, it grants a double entry, and it allows you to remain in Sri Lanka for no more than 30 days per visit.