logo logo
en | $ USD
United States
61,500+ Travel Documents processed by iVisa

1.2M happy customers


+42,000 reviews

10 years of experience

98% visa approval rate

Learn More: ESTA

Apply for your United States ESTA online today with us!

Last updated: November 2023

Embark on an unforgettable American adventure with the United States ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization). This registration is your key to exploring the sprawling cities, breathtaking landscapes, and rich cultural tapestry the U.S. offers.

We make your United States ESTA application as smooth as the famous Route 66. Our user-friendly platform, the iVisa app, and dedicated assistance ensure that your American dream is just a few clicks away.

From the bustling streets of New York to the sun-kissed beaches of California, your journey to the United States is about to get much easier!

statue liberty ny

What is the United States ESTA?

The United States ESTA is an electronic travel authorization that allows eligible travelers to visit the United States without a visa.

Visa-exempt travelers to the U.S. can use this permit instead of a visa. It's easier and quicker to apply for than a regular visa and helps the United States government strengthen border security.

The best part? You can get it quickly online from the comfort of your own home!

What can you do with the United States ESTA?

This document allows you to visit the country for tourism, transit, and business.

What can you not do with the United States ESTA?

You can't use the United States electronic travel authorization to live, study, and/or work in the country.

Who is eligible to apply for the United States ESTA?

You must meet the following eligibility criteria to apply for the United States ESTA:

  • You're traveling with a passport from one of the foreign countries on the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) list.

  • Applicants must have an e-Passport, which includes an embedded electronic chip.

While an approved ESTA is required to board a plane or a ship to the U.S., it doesn't guarantee entry.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers decide at the point of entry, and you can still be refused admission based on various factors.

Who must apply for the United States ESTA?

You can apply for the ESTA under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) if you're a citizen or national of one of the countries listed below.

Andorra Australia Austria Belgium Brunei Chile
Croatia Czech Republic Denmark Estonia Finland France
Germany Greece Hungary Iceland Ireland Israel
Italy Japan Latvia Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg
Malta Monaco Netherlands New Zealand Norway Poland
Portugal San Marino Singapore Slovakia Slovenia South Korea
Spain Sweden Switzerland Taiwan United Kingdom

This list can change anytime, so make sure to use our Visa Checker Tool to find out if you need a visa or an ESTA to enter the country!

Who doesn't need to apply for the United States ESTA?

Those who require a visa for the United States, or those with permission to study, work, or live in the U.S., don't need the United States ESTA to enter the country.

Traveling to the United States with children and minors

Children under 18 years old from eligible countries need to register their own United States ESTA visa waiver.

Parents or legal guardians can apply on their behalf. Simply apply as a family by clicking 'add another person' during the online process on our platform.

Keep in mind that you may need to show parental consent and other documentation for minors traveling alone or with someone other than their legal guardians upon arrival in the U.S.

How long is the United States ESTA valid?

Once you get your approved ESTA authorization, you're all set for multiple trips for up to two years. You can stay in the United States for up to 90 days Per Entry.

Please note: For Brunei or Hungary passport holders, the U.S. travel authorization ESTA is valid for up to 1 year from the date of issuance.

If your passport expires during the validity period, the ESTA will also expire, and you must submit a new ESTA application with your new passport number.

Can I extend the United States ESTA?

The ESTA isn't extendable. After the expiration date, you must apply for a new one. Luckily, applying online with us is super easy, and you can get your document in less than 24 hours!

How to check the status of your ESTA?

If it's been a while since you last registered, and you're unsure if it's still valid, you can check the ESTA status on the United States government ESTA website. Simply enter your passport number and some other info.

United States ESTA: Required documents to apply

You don't need much to apply for the U.S. ESTA system:

  • Copy of your valid passport. Make sure it's valid for 6 months from the date of arrival in the United States, and has a digital chip containing your biometric info (e-Passport or enhanced secure passport).

You must also provide your Personal Identification Number during your application.

How to apply for the United States ESTA online

To get your United States ESTA online with us, you just need to follow the three simple steps below:

  • Step 1. Complete our simplified application form with your travel and passport details. Review all your application information carefully before continuing.

  • Step 2. Then, choose your preferred processing time and pay the processing fees. You can pay securely online with a credit/debit card, Venmo, or PayPal.

  • Step 3. Receive your United States ESTA via email within the chosen timeframe, and prepare to travel!

You can simply enter the country with your passport, as the ESTA is linked electronically. However, we recommend keeping an electronic and printed copy of the ESTA approval confirmation on hand just in case.

United States ESTA costs and processing times

The government fee for the United States ESTA is USD $21.00.

When applying with us, you can choose from three different processing times:

  • Standard - 24 hours: Price per applicant is USD $39.49.

  • Rush - 12 hours: Price per applicant is USD $56.49.

  • Super rush - 4 hours: Price per applicant is USD $75.99.

These prices include the government fee for your convenience.

Do I need the United States ESTA to transit through the country?

Yes, you also need to register for a valid ESTA if you're just transiting the country, even when you're not leaving the transit area at the airport.

United States entry requirements and restrictions

Venturing into the United States? It's essential to stay updated on the latest entry requirements and restrictions to ensure a smooth and hassle-free journey. Here's a concise guide to help you prepare:

  • Visas and ESTA: Depending on your nationality, you may need a visa or an ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization) under the Visa Waiver ESTA Program.

  • COVID-19 Regulations: Keep an eye on the current COVID-19-related guidelines via your airline or the United States government website.

  • Customs and Border Control: Be prepared for customs inspections and questioning by border control officers. Carry relevant documentation like return tickets and proof of financial means.

Where can I learn more about the United States ESTA?

In case you have questions about the United States ESTA or any other travel document, you can reach out to our outstanding customer support team online or by email at [email protected].

Required Documents to Apply

  • Your passport with at least 6 months of validity from the date of arrival in the US.

Important Instructions

  • The US ESTA is valid for up to 2 years after issued or until the traveler’s passport expires, whichever comes first.

  • The US ESTA is valid for multiple entries into the U.S. or for multiple connections through the U.S.

  • You are required to apply for the ESTA if you intend to enter the United States by air, sea, or land under the Visa Waiver Program.

  • Children need to apply for this travel document as well.

  • If your ESTA expires while in the US it will not affect your departure.

  • You will be able to change any itinerary on a current Travel Authorization. ESTA is designed so you can update a valid Travel Authorization.

  • It is not necessary to have a flight booking or hotel reservation to apply for the US ESTA.

  • Travelers must obtain a new ESTA authorization if they are issued with a new passport or changes their name, gender, or country of citizenship.

  • iVisa is a legitimate company, accredited and recognized by the International Air Transport Association (IATA). For more information, see the FAQs below.

NOTE: Receiving ESTA authorization does not mean you may stay in the U.S. for 2 years after issued. It only allows you to travel to the U.S. under the terms of the Visa Waiver Program (VWP).


No worries. Contact our customer team as soon as possible, and they will be happy to help you resolve the problem. Our visa experts are available 24/7.
Yes, if the US Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) has been denied, you must apply for a visa.
Yes, you must apply for an ESTA even if you are only transiting through the United States on your way to another country.
You should contact our customer support team as soon as possible, so they can help you solve the problem. Remember, your application will always be reviewed by our experts, so you can count on our team to notify you if something is missing before submission.
No. This document is designed to allow qualifying nationalities to travel to the US without obtaining a US visa. So if you have a visa, you don’t need an ESTA.
You can get your ESTA in 2 hours by applying with iVisa. We offer different processing times, so you can choose the option that suits you best and allows you to receive the document in time for your trip.
The ESTA allows the passenger to travel to the US, but this travel authorization does not guarantee admission into the territory. The Customs and Border Protection officer at the border or airport will decide whether to permit entry.
At iVisa, we understand that your time is valuable, and we strive to provide you with the fastest service possible. Our processing times are estimated based on the average duration it takes governments to process visa applications. These estimated times begin from the moment we receive all the correct information for your application until you receive your visa. While we work diligently to expedite the process, it’s important to note that we are reliant on the processing times set by the government authorities.
  • iVisa is NOT affiliated with any government agency. This app does not provide legal advice and we are not a law firm. None of our customer service representatives are lawyers and they also do not provide legal advice. We are a private, internet-based travel and immigration consultancy provider dedicated to helping individuals travel around the world. You may apply by yourself directly on the various government websites. The source of information: https://www.uscis.gov/

Stay in touch!

Join our newsletter to receive the best traveling tips

Thanks! Please check your email and confirm you want to join our Newsletter.

© 2014-2024 iVisa.com. All rights reserved. iVisa and iVisa logo are registered trademarks of iVisa.com.

en flag English
Intercom Chat