Learn More: eTA / AVE
Content updated, December 2022
Visit Argentina with the eTA/AVE! Apply easily and fast with iVisa
Argentina is a country overflowing with a rich and diverse culture. From breathtaking mountains to bustling cities, Argentina offers countless activities for any adventurer or art passionate, since there is a busy cultural life in the city, especially in Buenos Aires.
If you are planning to travel to Argentina, it is likely that you need an Argentina visa. By applying for an ETA (Electronic Travel Authorization or AVE) for Argentina, you can bypass the queue for the traditional Argentina visa, since this travel document is equally valid.
Fortunately, you can apply 100% online for these documents with iVisa and forget about visiting an embassy or consulate. We do all the hard work for you, and our expert team reviews your application, so it is error-free and government-compliant.
Keep reading to discover everything you need to know about de Argentina ETA/AVE and how to apply. Start your Argentina ETA/AVE application here!
What is the Argentina ETA/AVE?
The Argentina ETA is an electronic visa that replaces traditional paper visas and allows you to enter Argentina for tourist purposes.
One of the benefits of this document is that it is a multiple-entry visa. That means that if you’re in Argentina and you want to visit other countries during your trip, you can do so.
How long are the Argentina ETA and the Affidavit valid for?
The Argentina tourist visa or ETA is valid for up to 90 days in Total. It is a Multiple Entry travel document, and you must enter the country within 90 days after issued.
Who can enter Argentina with an Argentina visa (ETA)?
Citizens from more than 70 countries are eligible to get this travel authorization for Argentina online. To be eligible, you must hold a B1/B2/J/O/P(PI1-P2-P3)/E/H1-B category visa issued by the United States or a Schengen visa.
If you hold a valid diplomatic, official, or service passport that allows you to enter the United States without a visa, you can apply for an Argentina ETA/AVE if you proved that you have previously entered the United States.
You can go to the top of this page and see if you need this travel document on our Visa Checker. Apply here!
What are the documents needed to get an Argentina Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA)?
To obtain the Argentina eTA/AVE and health affidavit, you’ll need the following documents:
- Your valid passport. It needs to be valid for a minimum of 6 months after arrival. You must scan all passport pages.
- Your return ticket or hotel reservation stating the dates of arrival and departure to and from Argentina.
- Your email address to receive the confirmation of the Argentina ETA and affidavit digitally.
- A credit or debit card to pay for the visa and service fees on iVisa.
Benefits of getting your Argentina ETA/AVE with iVisa
Application 100% government compliant: Our iVisa team will review each one of the answers you give on the form and adjust them to be 100% compliant with the government requirements.
Simplified Form: While on the Embassy website, you will have to answer confusing and tedious questions, at iVisa, you will only have to answer a simplified form with clear questions. It will be like filling out a short survey.
Fill out the form at your own pace: With the iVisa platform, you can fill out the form at your own pace, make changes whenever you want, and save your progress, so you do not have to start from scratch, unlike the embassy website which cuts you off from their website every time you take a break.
iVisa values your safety. That is why we have a solid security system to protect your personal information. We recommend you go over to our reviews section and read what our past customers have said about our services. We’re sure you’ll find them to your liking.
Do I need a transit visa for Argentina?
It is not necessary to obtain a transit visa for travelers who will change planes in an Argentinian airport if they do not leave the transit area and their stay does not exceed 12 hours.
If you transit through Argentina but will leave the airport, you need to obtain a transit visa, valid for 10 days.
How do I apply for the Argentina ETA and affidavit online?
With iVisa you can easily apply for your travel documents by only following three simple steps:
- Step 1: Fill out our simplified form with the basic information and select your preferred processing time.
- Step 2: Once you have verified that all your application information is correct, use your credit/debit card or PayPal to proceed with the payment.
- Step 3: Upload and attach the required documents before clicking the “submit” button to finish the application process.
That’s it! After the payment confirmation, the iVisa expert team will carefully review your application and get in touch with you if they need more details. Then, you will receive an email with your approved ETA application and the Health Affidavit.
Make sure to have these travel documents on your smartphone or any electronic device and print them to avoid any possible delays at the airport. Pretty easy right? Apply now!
What are the costs and processing times for the Argentina ETA and health affidavit?
At iVisa we can help you obtain your electronic visa before departure. Select one of the three options for processing times and visa fees, depending on your needs.
The government visa fee of USD $200.00 applies to all options:
- Standard Processing Time: This option takes 35 days and costs USD $93.99. It is a perfect choice for travelers who are not in a rush. An extra applies for processing the health affidavit.
- Rush Processing Time: You will receive your ETA faster than the standard option, in just 30 days for USD $154.99. An extra applies for processing the health affidavit.
- Super Rush Processing Time: If you need the document urgently before travel, you can use this express option, which will take only 25 days for a fee of USD $241.99. An extra applies for processing the health affidavit.
Do children need an Argentina ETA and health affidavit to visit Argentina?
Yes, children also need the electronic travel authorization when visiting Argentina, if applicable to their nationality. In addition, a parent or legal guardian could submit supporting documents, such as a birth certificate. Please contact your local embassy or consulate for more information.
COVID-19 requirements or restrictions to travel to Argentina
Argentina reopened for tourism on 1 November 2021.
Do I need a COVID-19 vaccine certificate to travel to Argentina?
No, you don’t need a COVID-19 vaccine to enter the country.
Do I need to take a COVID-19 test or quarantine to enter Argentina?
No, you don’t. The country currently doesn’t have any COVID-19 testing or quarantine requirements.
Who can I speak to if I have more questions?
Required Documents to Apply
- Proof of Valid Visa
- All passport pages
- Passport Cover
- Passport page (if applicable)
- Expired passport scan (if applicable)
The Argentina Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA / AVE) is a Multiple Entry that allows you to enter Argentina and stay for 3 months, with one possible renewal authorization for 3 additional months.
This ETA (AVE) has a validity period of 3 months and can be issued for tourism purposes only.
If you hold a valid B1/B2, J, O, P (PI1-P2-P3), E, or H1-B American Visa then you’re eligible for an Argentina ETA (AVE).
To apply for the ETA, you also need your passport with at least 6 months validity from the date of arrival in Argentina and with at least 1 page available for stamping.
You will need a transit visa if you leave the transit area at the Airport in Argentina or if your stay exceeds 12 hours.
Upon arrival in Argentina, you will have to present your passport along with your ETA (AVE) and payment confirmation, which must be printed.
iVisa is a legitimate company, accredited and recognized by the International Air Transport Association (IATA). For more information, see the FAQs below.
My application couldn’t be completed due to an error. What now?
What can I do if my Argentina eTA / AVE application has been canceled or rejected?
Our iVisa experts review all visa applications and accompanying documentation before submitting them to help you avoid rejections.
However, if government officials find any errors and reject your application, iVisa will refund your iVisa processing fee.
Note: Government fees will not be refunded.
You may also reapply if your Argentina eTA / AVE has been canceled or rejected.
Does obtaining an Argentina eTA / AVE guarantee me entry into Argentina?
Is the visa fee refundable?
Is personal appearance necessary?
Why would the Argentinian Embassy deny my visa application?
There are many different reasons for denial, but some of the most common reasons are:
Insufficient proof that you can finance your entire trip
Expired or missing documents
Your passport is about to expire
How do processing times work?
Where can I read more?
- GET YOUR VISA TO ARGENTINA ONLINE
- GET YOUR ARGENTINA RECIPROCITY FEE BEFORE ARRIVAL
- Argentina Visa Frequently Asked Questions
- Argentina Visa for Chinese Passport Holders
- The Argentina ETA for Chinese citizens
- Wine Touring in the Mendoza Valley in Argentina
- GET YOUR VISA TO VISIT ARGENTINA
- Dino Family Adventure in Argentina
- Asado Favorite Food
- ARGENTINE iVISA SIMPLIFIES THE VISA PROCESS
- See All
- iVisa is NOT affiliated with any government agency. This app does not provide legal advice and we are not a law firm. None of our customer service representatives are lawyers and they also do not provide legal advice. We are a private, internet-based travel and immigration consultancy provider dedicated to helping individuals travel around the world. You may apply by yourself directly on the various government websites. The source of information: https://www.argentina.gob.ar