en | $ USD



Select Your Language

Select Your Currency

  • AED United Arab Emirates Dirham
  • AFN Afghan Afghani
  • ALL Albanian Lek
  • AMD Armenian Dram
  • ANG Netherlands Antillean Guilder
  • AOA Angolan Kwanza
  • ARS Argentine Peso
  • AUD Australian Dollar
  • AWG Aruban Florin
  • AZN Azerbaijani Manat
  • BAM Bosnia-Herzegovina Convertible Mark
  • BBD Barbadian Dollar
  • BDT Bangladeshi Taka
  • BGN Bulgarian Lev
  • BIF Burundian Franc
  • BMD Bermudan Dollar
  • BND Brunei Dollar
  • BOB Bolivian Boliviano
  • BRL Brazilian Real
  • BSD Bahamian Dollar
  • BWP Botswanan Pula
  • BZD Belize Dollar
  • CAD Canadian Dollar
  • CDF Congolese Franc
  • CHF Swiss Franc
  • CLP Chilean Peso
  • CNY Chinese Yuan
  • COP Colombian Peso
  • CRC Costa Rican Colón
  • CVE Cape Verdean Escudo
  • CZK Czech Republic Koruna
  • DJF Djiboutian Franc
  • DKK Danish Krone
  • DOP Dominican Peso
  • DZD Algerian Dinar
  • EGP Egyptian Pound
  • ETB Ethiopian Birr
  • EUR Euro
  • FJD Fijian Dollar
  • FKP Falkland Islands Pound
  • GBP British Pound Sterling
  • GEL Georgian Lari
  • GIP Gibraltar Pound
  • GMD Gambian Dalasi
  • GNF Guinean Franc
  • GTQ Guatemalan Quetzal
  • GYD Guyanaese Dollar
  • HKD Hong Kong Dollar
  • HNL Honduran Lempira
  • HTG Haitian Gourde
  • HUF Hungarian Forint
  • IDR Indonesian Rupiah
  • ILS Israeli New Sheqel
  • INR Indian Rupee
  • ISK Icelandic Króna
  • JMD Jamaican Dollar
  • JPY Japanese Yen
  • KES Kenyan Shilling
  • KGS Kyrgystani Som
  • KHR Cambodian Riel
  • KMF Comorian Franc
  • KRW South Korean Won
  • KYD Cayman Islands Dollar
  • KZT Kazakhstani Tenge
  • LAK Laotian Kip
  • LBP Lebanese Pound
  • LKR Sri Lankan Rupee
  • LRD Liberian Dollar
  • LSL Lesotho Loti
  • MAD Moroccan Dirham
  • MDL Moldovan Leu
  • MGA Malagasy Ariary
  • MKD Macedonian Denar
  • MNT Mongolian Tugrik
  • MOP Macanese Pataca
  • MUR Mauritian Rupee
  • MVR Maldivian Rufiyaa
  • MWK Malawian Kwacha
  • MXN Mexican Peso
  • MYR Malaysian Ringgit
  • MZN Mozambican Metical
  • NAD Namibian Dollar
  • NGN Nigerian Naira
  • NIO Nicaraguan Córdoba
  • NOK Norwegian Krone
  • NPR Nepalese Rupee
  • NZD New Zealand Dollar
  • OMR Omani Rial
  • PAB Panamanian Balboa
  • PEN Peruvian Nuevo Sol
  • PGK Papua New Guinean Kina
  • PHP Philippine Peso
  • PKR Pakistani Rupee
  • PLN Polish Zloty
  • PYG Paraguayan Guarani
  • QAR Qatari Rial
  • RON Romanian Leu
  • RSD Serbian Dinar
  • RUB Russian Ruble
  • RWF Rwandan Franc
  • SAR Saudi Riyal
  • SBD Solomon Islands Dollar
  • SCR Seychellois Rupee
  • SEK Swedish Krona
  • SGD Singapore Dollar
  • SHP Saint Helena Pound
  • SLL Sierra Leonean Leone
  • SOS Somali Shilling
  • SRD Surinamese Dollar
  • SVC Salvadoran Colón
  • SZL Swazi Lilangeni
  • THB Thai Baht
  • TJS Tajikistani Somoni
  • TOP Tongan Pa anga
  • TRY Turkish Lira
  • TTD Trinidad and Tobago Dollar
  • TWD New Taiwan Dollar
  • TZS Tanzanian Shilling
  • UAH Ukrainian Hryvnia
  • UGX Ugandan Shilling
  • USD United States Dollar
  • UYU Uruguayan Peso
  • UZS Uzbekistan Som
  • VND Vietnamese Dong
  • VUV Vanuatu Vatu
  • WST Samoan Tala
  • XAF CFA Franc BEAC
  • XCD East Caribbean Dollar
  • XPF CFP Franc
  • YER Yemeni Rial
  • ZAR South African Rand
  • ZMW Zambian Kwacha
128,500+ Travel Documents processed by iVisa

1.2M happy customers


+46,000 reviews

10 years of experience

98% visa approval rate

How to Apply: Student Visa

Easy application

Complete our user-friendly online application in just 20 minutes, or feel free to take breaks and return at your convenience.

Helpful support

Move closer to an approved visa with our team of iVisa Experts, who not only review your answers but also provide you with the necessary tools to prepare.

Correct documentation

Make use of our feedback and free templates to confidently submit accurate information, and experience a surprisingly stress-free process!

Get your visa

Once government-approved, your visa will be ready for collection, marking the start of your travels.

How to Apply: Embassy Registration

Fill Out Online Application

Complete our easy online application and pay with credit card or PayPal

Travel Safely

Your embassy will assist you if an emergency (eg. Natural disasters, civil unrest, etc) occur

Why Register with the Embassy

Travel Registration is a service provided by the government. This service allows you to record information about your upcoming trip abroad to the Department of State so it can be used to assist you in case of an emergency. People residing abroad can also get routine information from their nearest embassy or consulate if registered.

Required Information to Apply

Once You Have Registered With Your Embassy Or Consulate, You Will Need To Update Your Data If:

  • your contact details change,
  • your civil status changes,
  • you are going back to your home country.

Learn More: Student Visa

What you need to know

To apply for an Australian Student Visa (Subclass 500) you have to:

Choose your course and educational institution: Select the course and educational institution that you wish to attend in Australia and obtain an offer of enrollment from the institution.

Create an ImmiAccount: Create an ImmiAccount on the Australian Government's Department of Home Affairs website.

Complete the online application form: Complete the online application form for the Australia Student Visa and pay the application fee. You will need to provide information about your course of study, personal details, financial capacity, and English language proficiency.

Provide supporting documents: Provide supporting documents to prove your identity, enrollment in a registered course, financial capacity, English language proficiency, and health and character requirements. You may need to provide documents such as your passport, academic transcripts, bank statements, English language test results, and police clearance certificate.

Attend a visa interview: If required, attend a visa interview at an Australian embassy or consulate in your home country.

Wait for the visa decision: Wait for the visa decision, which can take several weeks to several months. Once your visa is granted, you will receive a notification and a visa grant letter.

Enter Australia: Once you have received your visa, you can travel to Australia and start your course of study.

What is the Australian Student Visa (Subclass 500)?

The Australia Student Visa, also known as the Subclass 500 visa, is a type of visa that allows international students to study in Australia for a period of up to five years. This visa is designed for students who have been accepted to study at an educational institution in Australia, such as a university, college, or vocational training institution.

What Can You Do With an Australian Student Visa (Subclass 500)?

  • Study full-time in a registered course in Australia.
  • Work up to 40 hours per fortnight (two-week period) while your course is in session and unlimited hours during course breaks.
  • Bring eligible family members to accompany you in Australia.
  • Travel in and out of Australia as many times as you want while your visa is valid.

What Can't You Do With an Australian Student Visa (Subclass 500)?

There are certain limitations to what you can do with an Australia Student Visa, including:

  • You cannot work until your course has commenced in Australia.
  • You cannot work more than 40 hours per fortnight while your course is in session.
  • You cannot change your course to a lower level than the course you were granted the visa for.
  • You cannot extend your stay in Australia beyond the expiry date of your visa.
  • You cannot apply for Australian citizenship with this visa.

It's important to adhere to the conditions of your visa, as failure to comply with them may result in your visa being canceled, and you may be required to leave Australia.

Who can Apply for an Australian Student Visa (Subclass 500)?

International students who have been accepted to study at an approved educational institution in Australia can apply for an Australia Student Visa.

Visa Exempt: Who Doesn't Need to Apply for this Document?

  • New Zealand citizens: New Zealand citizens are not required to obtain a student visa to study in Australia.

  • Temporary residents: Temporary residents who hold a valid visa other than a visitor visa may be eligible to study in Australia without obtaining an Australia Student Visa. However, they may be subject to certain restrictions and conditions.

  • Family members of diplomatic or consular staff: Family members of foreign diplomatic or consular staff may be exempt from the requirement to obtain an Australia Student Visa but may be subject to certain conditions.

  • Students participating in approved student exchange programs: Students participating in approved student exchange programs may not require an Australia Student Visa, but they may need to obtain a different type of visa, such as a Temporary Activity Visa (Subclass 408).

Can Minors Apply for an Australian Student Visa?

Minors (under 18 years of age) can apply for an Australia Student Visa, but there are additional requirements that they must meet:

  • Guardian nomination: Minors must be nominated by a parent or legal guardian who will act as their guardian while they are in Australia.

  • Welfare arrangements: The guardian must provide evidence that they will be able to provide accommodation, welfare, and support to the minor while they are in Australia.

  • School enrollment: Minors must be enrolled in a full-time school program or a registered course at a university, college, or vocational training institution.

  • Accompanying family members: If the minor's parents or siblings are also applying for an Australia Student Visa, they must apply as a family unit and provide evidence of sufficient funds to cover the costs of the whole family's stay in Australia.

  • English language proficiency: If the minor is over six years old, they must meet the English language proficiency requirements.

  • Health and character requirements: Minors and their guardians must meet the health and character requirements set by the Australian government.

It's important to note that the guardian must be over 21 years of age and must not bring any dependents with them to Australia. Additionally, minors must attend school while in Australia, and the guardian must make sure they attend school regularly.

Chat on WhatsApp
Intercom Chat