As a Romanian citizen, know that if you wish to travel to Kenya for tourism purposes, you do not have to go to the nearest Kenyan embassy to get your visa. Instead, since you qualify for an electronic visa, you can apply for a Kenya visa online. iVisa can help with that and you can have your travel document in just 2 hours.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Romania – requirements
What you should know right from the start is that the online application process is not as demanding as the one at the embassy. But that does not mean you do not have to make a small effort. However, all you have to do is put together a few documents and some information. Here is what you will need:
- Valid passport – you cannot go through the online application process to obtain a Kenya visa unless you have a valid passport that maintains its status for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Kenya.
- A scan of your passport’s information page – iVisa will ask you to upload it when you fill in the application form.
- Digital passport photo – please make sure that the picture is taken recently and that it follows all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- Return flight ticket – this just goes to show that you plan to go back to your country of origin before your visa expires.
- Proof of accommodation – a hotel reservation confirmation is enough, and if you plan to stay with family or friends, have them write a letter of invitation.
- Travel itinerary
- E-mail address- when you apply online, you receive your visa via e-mail in PDF format. Remember to print out at least one physical copy before your departure.
- Means of payment – iVisa will ask you to cover the costs during the application process. You can use one of the multiple available methods of payment, such as credit/debit card, PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Romania – the online application form
Now that you know what you need, we will discuss the application form so that you know what to expect when you access the application page. But before we offer you a short description, you should know that iVisa’s customer support is at your disposal 24/7 and free of charge should you need some help.
The form you are required to fill in consists of three steps. The first one wants two things: your personal information and to choose a processing time for your application. Regarding the latter, remember that the choice you make determines the cost of your Kenya visa. You are given three options:
- Standard processing – the slowest option you have at hand is also the cheapest. You receive your Kenya visa within 5 business days, but you pay only $88.
- Rush processing – things move a bit faster if you choose this option. Your application is processed within 2 business days, but you will be charged $118.
- Super Rush processing – this is the most expensive option you have at hand, but the fastest as well. Your travel document is ready within just 2 hours, but you pay $153 for it.
The second step wants you to handle the payment and review your form so that you do not submit erred information, while the final step offers some instructions on how to upload the documents that support your application. After you are done, submit your request and iVisa will take it from there.
As you can see, the process of getting a Kenya Visa for the citizens of Romania is a piece of cake with iVisa. The document you receive via e-mail is valid for 90 days, and you can use it to enter Kenya just once. You are allowed to stay there for up to 90 days.