Learn More: Transit eVisa
UGANDA IS OPEN- Uganda re-opened for tourism in October 2020.
In June 2016, The Republic of Uganda launched the e-Visa. It must be obtained before entering the country. All travelers transiting through Uganda for a period not exceeding 2 days in Total are eligible to apply for the visa. Applicants are required to have a confirmed onward booking from Uganda to a third country or other acceptable plans to depart Uganda within 2 days after arrival.
WHO CAN ENTER THE UGANDA WITH THIS DOCUMENT
Travelers who need a transit visa can apply online, pay our processing fee and receive their electronic visa online before transiting through Uganda. The Transit e-Visa is an official document that allows the holder to transit through Uganda provided they will enter and exit the country within a period of 2 days. Applicants will receive their visas via email, after filling the application form with the necessary information.
OBTAIN THE UGANDA TRANSIT EVISA
Apply online at iVisa.com to get your Uganda Transit e-Visa without stress or complications. You can submit the application through our website at any time, however our agents will wait until 15 days before your visit to process the application as this is the timescale defined by the authorities in Uganda.
DISPLAY THE DOCUMENT
Once you complete the application and the Transit e-Visa is issued, our team will deliver it to your email address right away so you can print it and take it with you while you transit through Uganda. See the FAQs for up-to-date information on COVID-19 testing in this country.
ABOUT COVID-19 SELF-TESTING
Purchase eMed's self-testing COVID-19 kit and get 6 antigen tests sent to your US home address for only $150. Self-test in privacy with a virtual Certified Guide using the NAVICA App. Accurate results are delivered in 15 minutes, which leaves plenty of time to get to the airport. eMed's antigen tests are ideal for travelers on a round-trip journey to this destination from the US.
Required Documents to Apply
- Applicant's photo
- Passport scan
- Last Page of Passport (if applicable)
- Yellow Fever Vaccination
- Cover Letter
- Travel Itinerary (if applicable)
- The Uganda Transit e-Visa is valid for 2 days after arrival.
- The applicant must be outside the Republic of Uganda at the time of application.
- The applicant must not have any other current Uganda visa.
- The applicant’s passport must be valid for at least 6 months upon entry to Uganda.
- This visa cannot be changed to a work visa while inside the Republic of Uganda.
- You are required to print out and carry this travel authorization with you, as you will be required to present it at the point of entry.
- The applicant must arrive with the same passport with which they applied for the Transit e-Visa.
My application couldn’t be completed due to an error. What now?
What can I do if my Uganda Transit eVisa application has been canceled or rejected?
Our iVisa experts review all applications and documentation to help you avoid rejections. If government officials find any errors and reject your application, iVisa will refund the iVisa processing fee.
Note: Government fees will not be refunded.
You may reapply for your Uganda Transit eVisa if your application is canceled or rejected.
When will my eVisa for Uganda be delivered?
Do I have to send my passport to get a visa to Uganda? Is it safe to send a passport?
After submission, I realized that some of the information I provided in the eVisa application requires correction. What should I do?
I am still waiting to receive my completed application confirmation email. What now?
How do processing times work?
Where can I read more?
- Uganda eVisa for Israeli citizens
- Uganda Tourist eVisa error
- Uganda Entry Requirements due to COVID-19
- How to Apply for Uganda Visa Extension
- Uganda Visa for Vietnam Citizens | East Africa Visa
- Uganda Visa for Saudi Arabia Citizens | East Africa Visa
- Uganda Visa for Russian Fed. Citizens | East African Visa
- Uganda Visa for South Korean Citizens and the East Africa Visa
- Uganda Visa for New Zealand Citizens and the East African Visa
- Uganda Visa for Namibian Citizens and the East Africa Visa
- See All